Worth it to buy a fridge from sears?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 12th, 2018 4:52 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2017
4615 posts
3080 upvotes

Worth it to buy a fridge from sears?

Do you think it is worth buying a stainless fridge from sears at 70% off now?
5 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2006
1214 posts
867 upvotes
Ottawa
cristianosham wrote: Do you think it is worth buying a stainless fridge from sears at 70% off now?
Definitely. Use a credit card that includes an extended warranty.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27805 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
virgonomic wrote: Definitely. Use a credit card that includes an extended warranty.
This.

I’d be more prone to buy North American though if given a choice
Especially Kenmore
Those suckers generally are built well

Although at 70% Off even the problematic LGs and Samsung’s start to look good
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5308 posts
3779 upvotes
Vancouver
Google and look around prices before committing... some items even at 70% off is more expensive at Sears than similar items at home depot/lowes/best buy/etc. I wouldnt be surprise if Sears double the regular price before the 70% off, so it would really be like 40% off the regular price.
Banned
Nov 24, 2017
75 posts
68 upvotes
ABSOLUTELY!!!! Hopefully yours is a good brand. I bought a Kenmore 18 cu ft fridge at 60% off. Paid $320 instead of $800. The fridge is actually made by Frigidaire and I saw it on Sears.com with a regular price of $725. It is in my basement as a backup fridge. And for when the one in the kitchen is too full. And that fridge was brand new, still wrapped in plastic.

Btw, how did you do with your Sears liquidation shopping? I made a killing!!!!!

Spent $2K and saved close to $6K. And not cheap stuff. Like two high quality leather loveseats at 65% off, high quality leather ottoman at 80% off. Whirlpool microwave hood fan at 80% off, Kenmore convection oven/toaster at 70% off, Kenmore pots and pans paid $70 instead of $350...

So how did you do???
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5308 posts
3779 upvotes
Vancouver
NumberThree wrote: ABSOLUTELY!!!! Hopefully yours is a good brand. I bought a Kenmore 18 cu ft fridge at 60% off. Paid $320 instead of $800. The fridge is actually made by Frigidaire and I saw it on Sears.com with a regular price of $725. It is in my basement as a backup fridge. And for when the one in the kitchen is too full. And that fridge was brand new, still wrapped in plastic.

Btw, how did you do with your Sears liquidation shopping? I made a killing!!!!!

Spent $2K and saved close to $6K. And not cheap stuff. Like two high quality leather loveseats at 65% off, high quality leather ottoman at 80% off. Whirlpool microwave hood fan at 80% off, Kenmore convection oven/toaster at 70% off, Kenmore pots and pans paid $70 instead of $350...

So how did you do???
Spent $0, Saved $0, entered store 0 times

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)