Request-A-Deal

Worth the price? Cuisinart Classic Collection Everyday Pan $60 & Recommendations on a coffee maker? etc...

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 11th, 2017 3:14 am
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2004
5047 posts
151 upvotes
Montreal, QC, Canada

Worth the price? Cuisinart Classic Collection Everyday Pan $60 & Recommendations on a coffee maker? etc...

Trying to find something worth buying to fill a $100 order at Costco to get that MasterPass discount. So far I have The $50 Brita filters (still prefer to find those new 6months lasting filters but none on costco.ca)

Is this worth the $60 Cuisinart Classic Collection Everyday Pan https://www.costco.ca/Cuisinart-Classic ... 18223.html

Can someone recommend a good unit for a coffee maker. I believe they're called percolators. The kind that you put those large filter paper cups in and the ground coffee grains/grinds. I also want a unit that is easy to clean since I intend to keep it for years. I'm not a purist, just something that can be cleaned and will last without costing a fortune. Not those pod units.

Finally anyone know where to get those new 6-month Brita replacement filters for the mugs at ≤ $15/filter?

EDIT Dec. 8th:
Where can one find dense foam, cut to custom dimensions, (standard squares or rectangles, not special shapes); for stuffing into sofa cushions. Really dense that won't shrink or collapse and is washable.
Last edited by Ghetto_Child on Dec 4th, 2017 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ebay Feedback Score:55 | 68 Pos | 100%
My Heat 25-1-0

[POST=5799853]Best Quality DVD Burn I've Seen[/POST]
My Sale/Trade Lists [THREAD=399765]Computers[/THREAD]
6 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7749 posts
1635 upvotes
How about using some of it for coffee beans ??

I had good luck with a Hamilton Beach coffee makers, not the exact same one but I think their product last since most of their products in Canada come with a 5 year warranty to start, unlike most that do 1 year max.

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/hamilton-b ... 0042523361
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Deal Fanatic
Nov 22, 2015
7814 posts
8682 upvotes
Ghetto_Child wrote: Trying to find something worth buying to fill a $100 order at Costco to get that MasterPass discount. So far I have The $50 Brita filters (still prefer to find those new 6months lasting filters but none on costco.ca)

Is this worth the $60 Cuisinart Classic Collection Everyday Pan https://www.costco.ca/Cuisinart-Classic ... 18223.html

Can someone recommend a good unit for a coffee maker. I believe they're called percolators. The kind that you put those large filter paper cups in and the ground coffee grains/grinds. I also want a unit that is easy to clean since I intend to keep it for years. I'm not a purist, just something that can be cleaned and will last without costing a fortune. Not those pod units.

Finally anyone know where to get those new 6-month Brita replacement filters for the mugs at ≤ $15/filter?
I own that same Everyday Pan.... it's nice to have but it doesn't see much use. I use my Cuisinart MultiClad (also from Costco) pieces daily, and even my T-Fal non-stick sees more action than the everyday pan.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2004
5047 posts
151 upvotes
Montreal, QC, Canada
Thanks, already have 4 cans of ground coffee in my freezer, and I drink green tea in powder form more often than coffee so unfortunately buying more coffee beans won't be very useful for me right now. I'm impressed with the 5yr warranty on the Hamilton Beach unit. There isn't any pictures of the inside or with the lid open, and out of stock at my nearest 3 physical locations; so I can't tell if this unit accepts standard or large filters, (the kind that look like gigantic paper muffin cups). I was expecting a unit that takes a filter and ground powder into a holder in the top of the machine and drips into a mug below. Is this identical to how this Hamilton Beach unit works?
thanks for your input. I decided to go with some other products.
My Heat 25-1-0

Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7749 posts
1635 upvotes
The user guide didn't even mention filter, it has a basket likely with a mesh below so you just fill that with coffee, which is what I do with my single cup one too, you don't need one.

http://useandcares.hamiltonbeach.com/fi ... 170902.pdf
Ghetto_Child wrote: Thanks, already have 4 cans of ground coffee in my freezer, and I drink green tea in powder form more often than coffee so unfortunately buying more coffee beans won't be very useful for me right now. I'm impressed with the 5yr warranty on the Hamilton Beach unit. There isn't any pictures of the inside or with the lid open, and out of stock at my nearest 3 physical locations; so I can't tell if this unit accepts standard or large filters, (the kind that look like gigantic paper muffin cups). I was expecting a unit that takes a filter and ground powder into a holder in the top of the machine and drips into a mug below. Is this identical to how this Hamilton Beach unit works?

thanks for your input. I decided to go with some other products.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2004
5047 posts
151 upvotes
Montreal, QC, Canada
6060842, I think that's the same brand as my canned ground coffee AND filters. I'm not sure the cone will work with my filters however. I've tried putting the filters in a large strainer and pouring hot water over it. The filters get clogged in seconds not even producing half a cup. This is what's motivating me to get an actual brewing device. I can't see how this cone will work with my filters.
My Heat 25-1-0

Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7749 posts
1635 upvotes
Buy it from a place that has easy returns like Walmart and try it out before deciding to keep or not. It you are very particular about the requirements, that may be the only way to be sure if you will like it or not.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)