Art and Photography

Is it worth upgrading T3 to T5i for like $350 more?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 26th, 2017 11:12 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
2252 posts
525 upvotes

Is it worth upgrading T3 to T5i for like $350 more?

I have T3 with lens kit, I can get a T5i with lens kit and sell my T3 which I think would be $350 less than T5i. Are the differences worth the upgrade? I don't do video so if it's just video, I probably won't do it. Thanks
4 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
6817 posts
997 upvotes
There are numerous sites that do a direct comparison between the two if you just type "t3 vs t5i" on google so I'm sure you have seen the difference on the spec.

It really comes down to if you want a slightly newer sensor for more pixel and higher ISO and better and more versatile back display that is touchscreen.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2008
1202 posts
194 upvotes
North Vancouver, BC
T5i has a lot more features, most of which are useful. Sensor image quality is similar, but it has 50% more pixels.
Jul 12, 2010
392 posts
58 upvotes
If you plan to take photography a little bit more seriously and want the upgrade yeah I would upgrade (its a small upgrade though, good on the wallet). But if you plan to just shoot on auto then a T3 is just fine and you should probably stay at that lvl.

Later you would upgrade to full frame or sports cam depending what you shoot... but you would have brought like 2-3 good lenses before that body upgrade...

Another option is a USED t4i ... very similar to t5i save like a hundred dollars probably.
Mar 25, 2015
29 posts
9 upvotes
ON
I would just save the money for a better lense.