Pets

Would rainy weather influence cat's mood?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 12th, 2017 9:44 pm
Tags:
[OP]
May 12, 2009
126 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto

Would rainy weather influence cat's mood?

For the last 5 or 6 days my 15 year old cat has been mostly sitting or laying down. He eats, is affectionate, but does not move much. Didn't throw up. Seems alright in every other way. It's unusual for the kitty to spend so much time sitting or laying down. Whoever gets up first in the morning the cat joins them in the kitchen. Hasn't done it this morning or yesterday. Hope someone has some ideas! Thanks!
7 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2009
4615 posts
2419 upvotes
serbianbelle wrote:
Nov 5th, 2017 12:19 pm
For the last 5 or 6 days my 15 year old cat has been mostly sitting or laying down. He eats, is affectionate, but does not move much. Didn't throw up. Seems alright in every other way. It's unusual for the kitty to spend so much time sitting or laying down. Whoever gets up first in the morning the cat joins them in the kitchen. Hasn't done it this morning or yesterday. Hope someone has some ideas! Thanks!
I think you posted on the wrong forum?
[OP]
May 12, 2009
126 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
I wondered whether his age might have had something to do with kitty being lethargic. Thanks for your reply. I guess cats are more like people.
[OP]
May 12, 2009
126 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
It's quite possible I posted this message in the wrong forum. I kind of looked and now I believe I missed the right forum. My apologies. I would think most people who have cats would find the information useful.
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
1426 posts
352 upvotes
Beautiful B.C.
serbianbelle wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 1:10 pm
I wondered whether his age might have had something to do with kitty being lethargic. Thanks for your reply. I guess cats are more like people.
With your cat being older and being lethargic, it might be worth going to the vet to make sure everything's OK if it continues much longer. Obviously your cat isn't hyperthyroid or he'd be the opposite of lethargic. Do you weigh your cat? If you do, you should weigh him and make sure his weight's about what you'd expect to see. Is your cat peeing more than normal? This could indicate something. In my experience, vets aren't great when dealing with older cats and can be very negative and so it can be difficult. But unfortunately it's the only way you can get bloodwork and a urine sample tested properly. I'm not saying there's a problem at all. Obviously I don't know. I'm only suggesting it if the lethargy continues.
"So let it be e-mailed - so let it be done!"
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2012
1645 posts
168 upvotes
Canada
Since your cat is 15 years old has he been eating regularly does he still have his appetite is he using his litter box those things are very important as he is an older cat
[OP]
May 12, 2009
126 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
The cat seems pretty good. He kind of slowed down since it became cooler. Vet says kitty's healthy. He goes out
several times a day, since it's cooler stays out for shorter periods. Has good appetite, uses litter box, no problem. I became concerned because kitty wasn't moving much for several days. Now, he's pretty much himself.