• Last Updated:
  • Feb 14th, 2018 6:52 pm
Tags:
Oct 26, 2009
761 posts
232 upvotes
JohnS821 wrote:
Feb 11th, 2018 7:47 pm
Good catch. Doesn't the airbag light stay on when the key has one turn and door is open? I'm not sure.
Diagnostic lights would be on when the car is in accessory mode but you could see the engine rpm (< 1k rpm) which means the ignition is ON. Airbag light should be off unless the picture was taken before the light turned off (I doubt it).
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2007
11993 posts
1082 upvotes
JohnS821 wrote:
Feb 11th, 2018 7:47 pm
Good catch. Doesn't the airbag light stay on when the key has one turn and door is open? I'm not sure.

The airbag light is on because due to possibly defective passenger seat belt buckle switch. (** The seatbelt light is also on which gives you a good indication). Keep in mind that this vehicle has been beaten around and it is possible that SRS circuit may not be working as required.

http://resetservicelight.com/reset-srs- ... -acura-tl/
Last edited by eldiablo on Feb 11th, 2018 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 25, 2015
762 posts
174 upvotes
York Region
That car has been beaten up pretty badly. That TL Is a nice model, the price isn't bad, and lower mileage than most other cars of that year. Is this your first car or a beater?
If you really want it, take it to a mechanic to see if everything checks out. You will need to get the airbag sorted out and I believe the AT of that model was crap.
Deal Expert
Jul 22, 2006
21157 posts
2128 upvotes
You want to be on the lookout for these TL models.... Acura TL Type-S or the Acura TL SH-AWD with MT (rare!!!!)

Base model is nothing fancy and with all those red flags why would you buy that?

Be weary of the AT models, they are known to break
Jan 8, 2017
167 posts
92 upvotes
Note the registration date doesn’t increment by 1 year after the big accident. Owner at that time sold the car before it was repaired most likely. To a mechanic? I’m surprised it wasn’t written off or branded as salvage... I also wonder when that repair was done. Sitting on ice for 2-3 years may be part of the reason it’s “low” mileage.

It’s not even that cheap for a 13 year old TL.
[OP]
Feb 3, 2015
970 posts
186 upvotes
Toronto
lordnikon wrote:
Feb 11th, 2018 8:08 pm
Diagnostic lights would be on when the car is in accessory mode but you could see the engine rpm (< 1k rpm) which means the ignition is ON. Airbag light should be off unless the picture was taken before the light turned off (I doubt it).
Djb990 wrote:
Feb 11th, 2018 8:36 pm
Note the registration date doesn’t increment by 1 year after the big accident. Owner at that time sold the car before it was repaired most likely. To a mechanic? I’m surprised it wasn’t written off or branded as salvage... I also wonder when that repair was done. Sitting on ice for 2-3 years may be part of the reason it’s “low” mileage.

It’s not even that cheap for a 13 year old TL.
Also the 12k repair was not an accident, it was vehicle damage. Most likely some valdalism or weather related? Guys im not not buying the car, just investigating cause there are so many redflags.
Deal Expert
Jul 22, 2006
21157 posts
2128 upvotes
^
do freedom of information requests for the accidents.
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2012
1627 posts
357 upvotes
TORONTO
Meh plenty of TL's on kijiji you could grab. Personally anything other 5k, as long as the title of the car is Clean and I see if the car is in good shape I'd buy it without caring too much.
Jul 23, 2013
199 posts
59 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I'd look away and get an 07-08 with the "upgraded" 5 speed AT from the RL.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
2222 posts
388 upvotes
Edmonton
JohnS821 wrote:
Feb 11th, 2018 6:53 pm
Hot deals are where all the"smart buyers" are. We will discuss with or without you. It's my tread anyway.
Then just go buy the car instead of wasting everyone's time on here.

Let me know when the tranny fails
warming up the earth 1 gas fill-up at a time...
You only live once, get a v8
[OP]
Feb 3, 2015
970 posts
186 upvotes
Toronto
chackhou wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 10:33 am
I'd look away and get an 07-08 with the "upgraded" 5 speed AT from the RL.
That's what I'm doing. These fools here so damn sensitive.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2010
8638 posts
2678 upvotes
Toronto
JohnS821 wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 1:54 pm
That's what I'm doing. These fools here so damn sensitive.
I think it's because you've did you homework and basically turned this thread into a game by saying, 'let's see if you can spot the red flags I already found'.

Redundant question tbh.
[OP]
Feb 3, 2015
970 posts
186 upvotes
Toronto
koffey wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 8:51 am
I think it's because you've did you homework and basically turned this thread into a game by saying, 'let's see if you can spot the red flags I already found'.

Redundant question tbh.
And you guys noticed other things I didn't. I'd say that was Worth the try. Not a waste of time at all. So I called and the sales lady said it was used for uber. I said last Uber was not invited in 2006. Lol. Just scams from Volvo newmarket.