Travel

Would you stay at the Trump International Hotel in Vancouver

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 14th, 2018 12:33 pm

Poll: Would you stay at the Trump International in Vancouver

• Total votes: 40. You have voted on this poll.
Yes

30%
No

70%
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2007
3855 posts
1019 upvotes

Would you stay at the Trump International Hotel in Vancouver

In light of this weekend's G7 meetings and Trump's comments about Canada - does this in any way alter your decision to stay at a hotel with his name on it (remember he doesn't actually own the hotel in Vancouver, it just has his branding). Curious to see how people think?
13 replies
Sep 30, 2001
27075 posts
6001 upvotes
Toronto
if i could afford his hotels and they met my requirements, i would stay no question.
Don't talk about it, be about it
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
3884 posts
788 upvotes
Toronto
I wouldn't, regardless of the politics. I don't see Mr. Trump as a hotelier and I don't see the Trump brand as carrying weight as a hotel brand vs. Marriott, Hilton, Intercontinental etc. Nothing to do with him as a person or a politician, but if I was picking a 5-star hotel chain to stay at, I'd think of Shangri-La, Ritz Carlton, Four Seasons, etc., not Trump. It's kind of like the Michael Kors watches vs. Omega kind of argument.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2006
1386 posts
480 upvotes
God no. Vancouver has 3 Fairmont hotels that I would much rather stay at, including one that is steps from Miku.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2014
1507 posts
540 upvotes
Tokyo
13inches wrote:
Jun 11th, 2018 2:59 pm
God no. Vancouver has 3 Fairmont hotels that I would much rather stay at, including one that is steps from Miku.
Lol. Craving that salmon aburi sushi at Miku!

While I wouldn't discount the Trump hotel (find it better than Four Seasons and Shangri-La), Pac Rim and Hotel Georgia is the place to stay.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2015
1573 posts
726 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
I've stayed at a few Trump hotels in the past (not for any particular reason just that they had a decent price and I know the standards are comparable to Ritz/Shangri La/4 Seasons). This was all before he ran for office / got elected. There was nothing "Trump" about the stay didn't think about it once lol

I would stay again.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
5288 posts
2918 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Have never stayed at a Trump Hotel
For a variety of reasons...
But certainly due to Reviews
As that weighs heavily on what Hotels I do stay at
Lots of unimpressed travellers who have stayed at those properties

If I am going to blow that kind of money on a 5 Star, then there are usually far more historic & iconic places with GREAT Reviews worth exploring be it Chicago, Fort Lauderdale, Honolulu, New York City, Vancouver, Vegas or Washington DC

DEFINITELY TRUE FOR VANCOUVER
Last edited by PointsHubby on Jun 11th, 2018 5:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2013
1660 posts
848 upvotes
Ottawa
At 50-75% off comparable hotels, yes. Otherwise, no.
May 28, 2012
9867 posts
2047 upvotes
Saskatoon
I would never buy/support anything owned or endorsed by that crook.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
8573 posts
779 upvotes
Nope never. I'm sure if I could afford or want to spend it, there are other comparable alternatives anyway
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2007
3832 posts
1132 upvotes
We stayed at the Trump Hotel in Las Vegas just before the election. It was absolutely fantastic and the service levels were absolutely excellent. Very high standards. I would definitely stay there again.
Feb 17, 2015
317 posts
287 upvotes
Canada
If it's free...yes!
gomyone wrote:
Jun 11th, 2018 12:46 pm
In light of this weekend's G7 meetings and Trump's comments about Canada - does this in any way alter your decision to stay at a hotel with his name on it (remember he doesn't actually own the hotel in Vancouver, it just has his branding). Curious to see how people think?
...its all good man... 😎
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
30589 posts
5506 upvotes
Ottawa
If I wanted to stay in the area and the price was right, sure.

Do you stop using Twitter because Trump uses it?
Do you stop using Uber because the CEO,Travis Kalanick, is a dick?
What about facebook, because Zuckerberg got caught?
Do you stop using Kraft or Heinz products since their takeover and they layed off all those people?

Point is, just because the leader is a jerk (or worse), the company or people working there are not.
In the 21st Century deleting history has become far more important than making it. Anonymous

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)