Shopping Discussion

Would you still shop at Costco after this?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 19th, 2015 5:59 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2010
1205 posts
85 upvotes
Dark Phoenix wrote:
Jul 17th, 2015 8:21 am
Going after a big name gets noticed more.
A lot of it is because Costco has one of the highest earning income customers in NA, and they would take notice of an issue like this over say Wal-mart.

That is based on a case study I did in grad school 7-8 years ago when someone went after them for their stores being inefficient with energy. Higher income shoppers care more about social change than people just getting by.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2007
4218 posts
1263 upvotes
Does that apply to Canadian Costco? I thought our eggs were regulated differently, but maybe I'm wrong.
:arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd:
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2003
4096 posts
105 upvotes
Tahsis
RiCHC3 wrote:
Jul 17th, 2015 8:22 pm
Does that apply to Canadian Costco? I thought our eggs were regulated differently, but maybe I'm wrong.
Conditions are a bit better I believe but we certainly have cage eggs in Canada. I buy from the local stands when I can, or pay the (huge) premium for the free run eggs. They're often double the price, but they taste better and I don't eat a ton of eggs anyways.
Dec 18, 2013
533 posts
101 upvotes
Not at all!

Ever noticed how these free-run eggs are SO different. I went to local farm here in about Saskatoon and had 24 eggs couple of months ago. These eggs were free run and organic [if that makes sense as their food was different too]. I had little fun running around chicken. But these had very dark yolk and smelled horrible/disgusting. I could not eat them as I got yucky. I do not think I can eat these ever so I had to throw them...which is kind of ironic as I always get mine from SDM.