Hot Deals

[WOW Air] From $240 Roundtrip Nonstop – Toronto or Montreal to Reykjavik, Iceland

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 15th, 2017 2:38 pm
[OP]
Jan 14, 2009
140 posts
232 upvotes

From $240 Roundtrip Nonstop – Toronto or Montreal to Reykjavik, Iceland

Deal Link:
Price:
Retailer:
WOW Air
EDIT: NEW promo code valid for travel from October 31 to February 9, 2018: WOWTREAT. Brings Toronto down to $240 and Montreal down to $249.

WOW Air has their Toronto (YYZ) to Reykjavik, Iceland (KEF) nonstop flight down to $260 (NOW $240) roundtrip!

Fly out of Montreal (YUL) for just $10 more!

There is excellent availability for this fare from Toronto from January 2018 through March 2018.
Montreal departures have availability from October 2017 through June 2018.

Keep in mind that WOW Air doesn’t include any carry-on or checked bags, advanced seat selection or meals on their flights without additional fees...but it's $260 (NOW $240)!

And this is a pretty good time of year to check out the northern lights.

Source: http://travelcheapie.com/2017/10/09/tha ... k-iceland/

Seat selection fees for WOW Air for this flight:
Images
  • wowair.png
Last edited by TomRFD on Oct 9th, 2017 8:23 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Reason: title edit
89 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2007
1979 posts
1062 upvotes
Niagara On The Lake
Want to go around 25th November for a week. Wonder what the weather is like and where to stay? Is it expensive over there?
Come visit Niagara On The Lake
Voted Prettiest town in Canada
Support local small business
Apr 5, 2006
98 posts
33 upvotes
Mississauga
StealthFinder wrote:
Oct 9th, 2017 9:19 pm
Want to go around 25th November for a week. Wonder what the weather is like and where to stay? Is it expensive over there?
Reykjavik is ridiculously expensive. And winter is cold. I would not go there even with a free flight.
Nov 21, 2006
430 posts
114 upvotes
StealthFinder wrote:
The shortest day will be on November 30th with only 5 hours of daylight.
November is characterized by a gradual decrease in temperature. The average high temperature is 4 degrees Celsius (40 F), with the (average) highest temperature on November 1st, only reaching slightly above 5 degrees Celsius (41 F).
[OP]
Jan 14, 2009
140 posts
232 upvotes
StealthFinder wrote:
It's definitely an expensive place to begin with but I imagine the dates for these cheap flights would put you into a less expensive season.

I wouldn't be able to comment on where to stay, etc.
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2005
1646 posts
597 upvotes
Ottawa
digger1 wrote:
Oct 9th, 2017 9:41 pm
November is characterized by a gradual decrease in temperature. The average high temperature is 4 degrees Celsius (40 F), with the (average) highest temperature on November 1st, only reaching slightly above 5 degrees Celsius (41 F).
The incessant rain and wind adds to the fun...
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
10153 posts
704 upvotes
Mississauga
ol2006 wrote:
Oct 9th, 2017 9:40 pm
Reykjavik is ridiculously expensive. And winter is cold. I would not go there even with a free flight.
Great time to see the Northern Lights though. And their temps are comparable to the GTA at that time of year.
Oct 18, 2012
111 posts
88 upvotes
Montreal
Just to give you a heads up on what to expect in Iceland:
- First off, it's a beautiful country and a fantasy land of sorts with pictureque natural landscapes.
- You can try to go for a short city-break, but the real beauty lies outside of Reykjavik. There's not a tremendous amount to do in the city. But there are spectacular waterfalls and cliffs along the coast.
- If you plan on renting a car, bring someone who can drive standard /manual transmission. Automatic is like 6x to 10x the price and available in only a handful of models, if any.
- If you plan on journeying by car around the country, keep in mind that many roads are closed for winter as of September/October. So the flight dates may very much restrict you to the lower east corner and tourist circuits. Don't get there in November and be surprised that one can't drive all around the country.
- Everything is expensive, including food. Your best best would be to stay at a B&B and cook some meals on your own. But not everybody has the time or energy for this. Buy granola bars for the road.
[If you like what I have to say, please give me a thumbs up.]
Dec 22, 2006
356 posts
122 upvotes
Toronto
kudos2012 wrote:
Oct 10th, 2017 12:37 am
- First off, it's a beautiful country and a fantasy land of sorts with pictureque natural landscapes.
- You can try to go for a short city-break, but the real beauty lies outside of Reykjavik. There's not a tremendous amount to do in the city. But there are spectacular waterfalls and cliffs along the coast.
- If you plan on renting a car, bring someone who can drive standard /manual transmission. Automatic is like 6x to 10x the price and available in only a handful of models, if any.
- If you plan on journeying by car around the country, keep in mind that many roads are closed for winter as of September/October. So the flight dates may very much restrict you to the lower east corner and tourist circuits. Don't get there in November and be surprised that one can't drive all around the country.
- Everything is expensive, including food. Your best best would be to stay at a B&B and cook some meals on your own. But not everybody has the time or energy for this. Buy granola bars for the road.
Thanks for the tips!
Oct 18, 2007
242 posts
142 upvotes
Toronto
kudos2012 wrote:
thanks man, this is on the wife's bucket list. We will probably go during the summer and your tips are valuable!
Jun 23, 2010
122 posts
92 upvotes
Calgary
kudos2012 wrote:

I was in Iceland about 2 months ago, definitely take these tips with you, except I found renting an automatic adding 15% compared to a manual, I rented a manual but auto wasn't too much higher. There are many rental companies so make sure you google and compare, also there is a site where you can rental people's vehicles for much cheaper but you need to rent ahead of time, ranges from economy to off road vehicle with bedding.

hostels are the key, I found hostels at 50% off, and then found some at regular price, google around and check their website as sometimes it can be cheaper. Go groceries and don't eat out unless you need to or can afford to do so. I went to a cafe that was rated cheap and the conversion was $17 CDN for a coffee and bagel. Groceries wasn't too bad, maybe 1.5x of what I would pay in Canada. Ask the front desk where to buy groceries as they had said places vary greatly.
Hope this helps! I loved Iceland and it is my favorite place, something out of a disney movie.
Jan 24, 2015
92 posts
16 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
digger1 wrote:
Oct 9th, 2017 9:41 pm
5 hours of daylight doesn't sound good to me.

When is the best time of year to go where there will be daylight and you can actually move around and see things, and see the northern lights?
Dec 26, 2007
17 posts
10 upvotes
arvsingh wrote:
Oct 10th, 2017 4:45 am
I was in Iceland about 2 months ago, definitely take these tips with you, except I found renting an automatic adding 15% compared to a manual, I rented a manual but auto wasn't too much higher. There are many rental companies so make sure you google and compare, also there is a site where you can rental people's vehicles for much cheaper but you need to rent ahead of time, ranges from economy to off road vehicle with bedding.

hostels are the key, I found hostels at 50% off, and then found some at regular price, google around and check their website as sometimes it can be cheaper. Go groceries and don't eat out unless you need to or can afford to do so. I went to a cafe that was rated cheap and the conversion was $17 CDN for a coffee and bagel. Groceries wasn't too bad, maybe 1.5x of what I would pay in Canada. Ask the front desk where to buy groceries as they had said places vary greatly.
Hope this helps! I loved Iceland and it is my favorite place, something out of a disney movie.
Just went there a week ago. Yes, everything's soooo expensive. However, Costco opened there May 2017. Membership reached 90,000 out of the 300,000 population. You can go there to shop with your Costco membership. Have to go to the membership first to get a temp pass. It will definitely save a lot if you plan on preparing your own food.
[OP]
Jan 14, 2009
140 posts
232 upvotes
hitchahike wrote:
Oct 10th, 2017 9:34 am
Just went there a week ago. Yes, everything's soooo expensive. However, Costco opened there May 2017. Membership reached 90,000 out of the 300,000 population. You can go there to shop with your Costco membership. Have to go to the membership first to get a temp pass. It will definitely save a lot if you plan on preparing your own food.
This is amazing. Between their discounted gift card rack, cheap hot dogs at the cafeteria, and free samples...I think you've found the key to making Iceland affordable for the RFDer lol.
Sep 12, 2017
137 posts
15 upvotes
Woder if it make a good spot, and then continue ones journey over to Europe.