Hot Deals

[WOW Air] From $240 Roundtrip Nonstop – Toronto or Montreal to Reykjavik, Iceland

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 15th, 2017 2:38 pm
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2006
1329 posts
54 upvotes
Toronto
sumtimw0ng wrote:
Oct 22nd, 2017 6:59 pm
i know people who went in july, august and september. it seems the best time is around mid-august to mid-september. plenty of lights, lots to see, not cold so light coat and northern lights
does that mean the northern lights aren't as good as it is in November vs the ones on July, August or September?

Is it better to see northern lights from boat than from the bus ride?
Aug 25, 2015
874 posts
188 upvotes
Montreal, QC
albundy99999999 wrote:
Oct 22nd, 2017 7:31 pm
does that mean the northern lights aren't as good as it is in November vs the ones on July, August or September?

Is it better to see northern lights from boat than from the bus ride?
not that its not better. its more like some mentioned, part of the country is closed off starting in November so you can't do as much as you normally would during warmer days. as for the best spot, boat tour would be the best as they'll get you to the best view spot otherwise, you just need to get out the city and away from light pollution

northern lights are fine during November as in earliest August but if you want to do more while you are there, better to go end of August or mid to end of September. actually, October is fine too
Sep 2, 2005
243 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto
How is (free) wifi in Iceland? Is it everywhere in coffee shops & restaurants like Tim Hortons & McDonalds' here?
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2003
1570 posts
107 upvotes
Toronto
It’s pretty prevalent. Every restaurant we went to, even in the smaller cities had wifi available. If you have an unlocked phone I’d still just recommend picking up a siminn card at the airport convenience store. It’s like 35 bucks for 10gbs of data. It’s handy for in between cities and to fill the gaps when the hotel wifi is spotty.
Sep 18, 2010
74 posts
24 upvotes
axIguy wrote:
Oct 10th, 2017 9:41 am
This is amazing. Between their discounted gift card rack, cheap hot dogs at the cafeteria, and free samples...I think you've found the key to making Iceland affordable for the RFDer lol.
Love it. The RFD way, jut eat all your meals at costco :D
Sep 18, 2010
74 posts
24 upvotes
fenk wrote:
Oct 10th, 2017 1:12 pm
This is what I did in July. It was only a 3 hour flight from Iceland to Copenhagen :). Also alcohol is very, very expensive in Iceland so everybody will tell you to purchase at Duty Free. Do it!
Thank you! This is a great tip. Going to do this for Ireland
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
27759 posts
788 upvotes
Dildo, NL
One of these days I must really take advantage of these flights....mind you she's not *that* close...but my wife and I have an ollllllllld friend (and now her own family) who's in Reykavik. Would be a cheap getaway. Either there or Tel Aviv...Got a really good buddy in Sweden also who I'd love to visit for $250/$300 lol.
unlim national, unlim Global SMS, CD/VM, 8Gb of Blazing Fast LTE $45
~Twitter~ [Yota Mafia] ~Instagram~
100% BST & Heatware Trader since 2005
Photobucket, Suck a Big Fat Stinkin'...
Dec 26, 2007
17 posts
10 upvotes
grego9198 wrote:
Oct 24th, 2017 12:10 am
It’s pretty prevalent. Every restaurant we went to, even in the smaller cities had wifi available. If you have an unlocked phone I’d still just recommend picking up a siminn card at the airport convenience store. It’s like 35 bucks for 10gbs of data. It’s handy for in between cities and to fill the gaps when the hotel wifi is spotty.
Yes, pick that up at the Airport convenience store. Price's the same (3000 ISK) as in the city anyway. SIM card was mostly out of stock in the convenience stores during my last visit. There are a few options. One with call (about a few houndred minutes) and 5gbs data. The other with 10gbs data only (no voice call). Price are the same for these two options. Duration of that is two weeks. I prefer this option instead of free wifi.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2007
1670 posts
149 upvotes
This is an awesome deal its almost worth to go for an extra long weekend!
Sep 16, 2016
99 posts
94 upvotes
Toronto
No carry-on! No bags! Is it cheaper to buy in Iceland than buying a baggage allowance? It seems that Iceland has more chances to see the aurora.
If we can dream it, we can make it!
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
10016 posts
945 upvotes
Markham
Hattie917 wrote:
Oct 24th, 2017 11:30 pm
No carry-on! No bags! Is it cheaper to buy in Iceland than buying a baggage allowance? It seems that Iceland has more chances to see the aurora.
Pretty much everything is expensive in Iceland
[OP]
Jan 14, 2009
141 posts
233 upvotes
I've updated OP with WOWAir's latest promo code for up to 30% off which is surprisingly valid for this deal.
May 9, 2003
329 posts
4 upvotes
digger1 wrote:
Oct 9th, 2017 9:41 pm
The shortest day will be on November 30th with only 5 hours of daylight.
November is characterized by a gradual decrease in temperature. The average high temperature is 4 degrees Celsius (40 F), with the (average) highest temperature on November 1st, only reaching slightly above 5 degrees Celsius (41 F).
Isn't the Winter Solstice the shortest "day" in the Northern Hemisphere?
Go Leafs Go!
Nov 26, 2014
472 posts
114 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Just arrived kef like 2hours ago. And saw northern light during the flight!
Take special care when you book your car online. Mine came with CDW and I cannot cancel it now :( (because I want to use my cc insurance)