Expired Hot Deals

[Wow Airlines] HOT! Montreal/Toronto to Tel Aviv Israel $346 Roundtrip, Taxes Included! Select Dates Nov-March

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 15th, 2017 1:36 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2010
1107 posts
1563 upvotes

[Wow Airlines] HOT! Montreal/Toronto to Tel Aviv Israel $346 Roundtrip, Taxes Included! Select Dates Nov-March

EDIT: 09:45am EST: DEAL IS STILL ALIVE!

However now there's a trick to get this fare:

Use Google flights to see the roundtrip prices (see below). For the outbound flight from Canada, use wowair.ca to book. For the return flight from Israel, book at wowair.us.

Out of both Montreal and Toronto the one way prices will come out to:
Outbound: $200 CDN, taxes included
Return: $119 USD, taxes Included (roughly $146 CDN)

Seems like Wow wants to get rid of this fare because you could easily book 2 one ways earlier this morning on the CDN site.

See post 28 for more details:
wow-airlines-hot-montreal-toronto-tel-a ... #p28223713

Thanks axIguy for the latest update :)

********************************************************************************************************************************************************
This is somewhat of a great deal, dependent on how much luggage you bring. $346 CDN roundtrip, taxes included BEFORE luggage charges.

The only way this fare prices out is if you book two one way trips. The easiest way to do this is to search by google flights (either one way flights or roundtrip). Here are two examples:

YUL-TLV: https://www.google.ca/flights/#search;f ... ;q=wow+air

YYZ-TLV: https://www.google.ca/flights/#search;f ... ;q=wow+air

Out of both Montreal and Toronto the one way prices will come out to:
Outbound: $200 CDN, taxes included
Return: $146 CDN, taxes Included
($346 CDN total)

If you book a return ticket the pricing comes out to: $520 CDN.

******** It appears that Wow is only charging a total of:
$49.99/1 piece of luggage carry on (49.99x2= $100 total)
$75.99/1 piece of luggage checked in ($75.99x2= $152 total)
each way! Instead of each leg (if you pay during booking).

Major YMMV since it says in the below link that they charge for luggage each leg and by purchasing two one way fares you would be flying 4 legs.

https://en.wowair.ca/travel-info/option ... d-charges/

Now the bad news: This is a awesome deal dependent on how much luggage you bring. Wow Air has crazy luggage charges, so best case scenario you fly with just one personal size item (free) that you would tuck under your seat (purse, small backpack... dimensions 42x32x25cm).

Luggage charges:

Carry-on bag
Per guest, per flight leg. One piece per guest. Size: 22 x 18 x 10 in (26 lbs) including wheels and handles. Carry-on baggage allowance is not refundable and not transferable.
During booking: CAD 49.99
Online price after booking: CAD 69.61
Price at check-in desk: CAD 88.59
Price at gate: CAD 126.57

Check in baggage
One bag, max 44 lbs (20 kg). Per guest, per flight leg. Total bag size for check-in baggage (length+height+width) must not exceed 62″ (158 cm). Check-in baggage allowance is not refundable, not changeable and not transferable.
During booking CAD 75.99
Online price after booking: CAD 94.92
Price at check-in desk: CAD 101.25
Price at gate: CAD 126.57

Again, the luggage charges are suppose to reflect EVERY LEG you fly. So by flying this itinerary, you have 1 layover each way in Iceland.
Last edited by oj777 on Sep 13th, 2017 7:01 am, edited 16 times in total.
41 replies
Dec 17, 2007
40 posts
Toronto
Following. Never heard of this company is it legit?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2010
1107 posts
1563 upvotes
mr jbb wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 7:08 am
Following. Never heard of this company is it legit?
Yes, they're legit. Wow Airlines is a popular budget airlines, so everything costs extra. The fares are sometimes really low, however they make back their money on their crazy luggage costs (as indicated in my 1st post).

Also, the luggage charges reflect EVERY LEG you fly. So by flying this itinerary, you have 1 layover each way in Iceland which comes out to 4 legs total.

Best case scenario you fly with just one personal size item (free) that you would tuck under your seat (purse, small backpack... dimensions 42x32x25cm).
Last edited by oj777 on Sep 13th, 2017 7:16 am, edited 8 times in total.
Nov 15, 2014
95 posts
9 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
They're one of those discount airlines, cheap flights but they charge you for everything. My friend and his family flew them from Toronto to Paris last year, got stuck in Rejkavik for 30 hours and delayed flights on return. I'd stay away unless you have no kids, no luggage and strong nerves
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2009
2482 posts
417 upvotes
chicu1981 wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 7:07 am
Why go to such a Godforsaken place?
Not sure if serious, or trying to be funny, or seriously unworldly RFDer.
Mar 15, 2008
245 posts
47 upvotes
Danzak wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 7:17 am
They're one of those discount airlines, cheap flights but they charge you for everything. My friend and his family flew them from Toronto to Paris last year, got stuck in Rejkavik for 30 hours and delayed flights on return. I'd stay away unless you have no kids, no luggage and strong nerves
Ive flown them to London, Reykjavik, Stockholm, and Amsterdam, with 0 issues. In fact, my flight in Amsterdam was delayed which would make me miss my Montreal connection by 30 minutes, and they ended up holding the plane for me and several others. They are literally my favourite airline.

Like the OP says, be mindful of your baggage. I have no problem living 2-3 weeks out of their personal sized item since I travel light.
Last edited by Decivox on Sep 13th, 2017 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2005
1080 posts
557 upvotes
Thanks OP. Great deal.
Last edited by ahoroba on Sep 13th, 2017 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2005
1549 posts
653 upvotes
Montreal
I'm seeing one baggage charge of 75.99 for tlv-yul in my cart. I don't think your info of a baggage charge per leg is correct.
Best Deals: Star Alliance Silver without even flying= FREE
Fido CAN/USA Unlimited, CID/VM/SMS 2gb $33/month
3 Logitech X-230 Speakers (150% PM at Staples) = $13 each (I bought 3!)[/B]
Nov 25, 2013
674 posts
262 upvotes
Sauga
chicu1981 wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 7:07 am
Why go to such a Godforsaken place?
Ignorance is indeed a bliss for you my friend. Please try and educate yourself and refrain from making a fool out of you in public. Once you go there you'd realize that you and me my friend are in a Godforsaken place not them.

Best country in the world, nicest people ever and the best trip ever. I envy them for their love of their country.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
6964 posts
1023 upvotes
Ajax
Maplecountry wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 8:17 am
Ignorance is indeed a bliss for you my friend. Please try and educate yourself and refrain from making a fool out of you in public. Once you go there you'd realize that you and me my friend are in a Godforsaken place not them.

Best country in the world, nicest people ever and the best trip ever. I envy them for their love of their country.
If you are in a godforsaken place, why stay here?
Dec 8, 2009
15 posts
7 upvotes
Mississauga
bhrm wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 7:28 am
Not sure if serious, or trying to be funny, or seriously unworldly RFDer.
He just clueless dummy who can't tell Tel Aviv from Baghdad.