Off Topic

WOW! It's been 11 years. 9-11 Anniversary Today. Where were you?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 13th, 2012 10:32 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2002
2330 posts
7 upvotes
I was flying around some remote controlled planes. It's amazing how easy it is to fly them when you don't need to land.
Deal Expert
Aug 9, 2004
21622 posts
261 upvotes
Mississauga
mysticalinfluence wrote:
Sep 11th, 2012 11:46 pm
No you don't have the right to hate every American. Did every American come out and bomb you? What a bunch racist nonsense you just spewed out.
+1
It's funny hearing ppl claiming a perceived hatred and apathy BY americans while at the same time Sanctimoniously expressing hatred and apathy AT Americans.
Two of a kind.
Thanks for the memories, RFD.
Good-bye.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2001
4222 posts
355 upvotes
Calgary
That morning I was heading to school, wondering why hardly anyone was in the classroom. The internet channels for news were all jammed up. Everybody was in the reception area where people were gathered around this one TV. By the time I got there only the first plane was hit, then moments later I saw the other plane crash into the WTC. Unbelievable to watch everything unfold. That day everybody left home and school was cancelled. 11yrs ago today, wow time flies.
"i love my girl friend and my girl friend loves me ok so you cant love me"
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2010
14460 posts
2041 upvotes
Toronto
mysticalinfluence wrote:
No you don't have the right to hate every American. Did every American come out and bomb you? What a bunch racist nonsense you just spewed out.
Try applying what you said to Muslims.
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2003
23140 posts
187 upvotes
I remember and I will remember because I loss my love one ...... for half a day. My sister and brother-in-law lived next to WTC. The time was like frozen and moved slowly. It seemed it was a very long time to finally know that they were safe. One was on the train out of town. One was waken by police and had to evacuate to an Island for a day.

There were American came to our office for training. They were crying because they knew people worked in WTC.
Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like. -- Will Smith
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Stay hungry, stay foolish.
Deal Guru
Feb 23, 2008
10295 posts
547 upvotes
Brampton
I was at home that day and was sleeping but woke up all of a sudden with the gut feeling that I needed to turn on the tv right away. I was shocked at what I saw and could not function for the rest of the week.
Lets Go Blue Jays!!!
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2005
6579 posts
265 upvotes
St. Catharines
wilsonlam97 wrote:
Sep 12th, 2012 12:33 am
Try applying what you said to Muslims.
Americans didn't bomb Muslims they removed threats but if MPaia logic is correct then your saying all Americans should hate the Japanese for bombing Peal Habour or all the world should hate Germans for the events of WWII. Hell, we could justify all the hate in the world with his logic. Give your head a shake racist is racist.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2009
2759 posts
437 upvotes
stealth wrote:
Sep 11th, 2012 3:34 pm
As many as it takes, I hope.

The only thing weak about those countries is their judgement. If they had handed over OBL and his al quaeda co-horts they could have saved themselves thousands of lives and economic ruin. Sucks to be stupid enough to side with an inevitable loser.

Happy trolling! :)
Iraq had something to do with 9/11? You must have forgotten your brain when you wrote that.
Jesus saves, I spend
Deal Guru
Feb 23, 2008
10295 posts
547 upvotes
Brampton
Lazy Susan wrote:
Sep 12th, 2012 12:45 am
Iraq had something to do with 9/11? You must have forgotten your brain when you wrote that.
Saddam could have saved Iraq by stepping down and letting the weapons inspectors back in, but nope, he did not. Saddam put the whole of Iraq in the hands of Bush.
Lets Go Blue Jays!!!
Deal Expert
Aug 9, 2004
21622 posts
261 upvotes
Mississauga
Lazy Susan wrote:
Sep 12th, 2012 12:45 am
Probably not. Tbh, the timing of going into Iraq after 9/11 confused me as well. Not to say that it shouldn't have been on the us's short list for places to disrupt though, and in some ways Iraq as a nation had more to gain by saddams upheaval than anything in Afghanistan would ever solve, other than dismantling OBLs clan.
Thanks for the memories, RFD.
Good-bye.
Deal Expert
Oct 15, 2002
18183 posts
131 upvotes
GTA
I was working for ResNet at Queen's University at the time.

I remember everyone suddenly stopped and was watching the TV. That morning internet stopped working on all the computers on campus, it wasn't till a bit later that I realized why.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 28, 2003
7451 posts
236 upvotes
I woke up that day and so did billions around the world who realized just how dangerous fanatical right-wing Islamics can be.
Thoughts and Prayers to the many thousands of civilians who perished from terrorists acts.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2006
3795 posts
1570 upvotes
Toronto
MPaia wrote:
Sep 11th, 2012 3:39 pm
I come from a country that was bombed by the USA/NATO just two years before 9/11 had happened. I have every right to hate America
mysticalinfluence wrote:
Reading comprehension fail :facepalm:
I love how you take an excerpt from the guy's post and claim it was racist, when it is clear from reading his entire post that he wasn't meaning to be racist at all.

First of all, he didn't say he hated every American, he said he had every right to hate America. And by using the term "America", I feel he was referring to the abstract entity and not any one specific person or group. In spite of that, MPaia went on to say that he still shed tears at the image of the Falling Man, and then said he felt sad for all the innocent people who died that day. Finally, he finished by asking those who say they don't care, whether they have a conscience, before stating that it is not right for innocent people to die anywhere, whether in the USA, Iraq or Afghanistan.

In my opinion, that is not even close to being racist nonsense. In fact, it is quite the opposite to me.

Here, read his entire post again, and you'll realize you completely misunderstood what he meant...
MPaia wrote:
Sep 11th, 2012 3:39 pm
I was in English class; our teacher stopped the lecture to announce that a plane had hit the WTC tower. I remember the day clearly, there was not a cloud in the sky and it felt so calm and peaceful while pure chaos was going on in NYC. For our break we went to a friends house, put on CNN just in time to watch the towers come down. I will never forget the picture of the one man jumping out of the building from the upper floors. Just now I saw the picture posted online, and teared up again.

I come from a country that was bombed by the USA/NATO just two years before 9/11 had happened. I have every right to hate America since they killed lots of civilians and bombed even hospitals (and the Chinese embassy) in my motherland, but I can't help and feel sad about every one lost innocent soul that day. To those who say who cares, do you not have a conscience? It is not right for innocent people to die anywhere, be in the USA, Iraq, Afghanistan, or anywhere else in the world.
May 1, 2010
242 posts
2 upvotes
I was in grade 9 and late for school,.. Tv was on and I seen a plane crash in the tower, didn't really think it was a big deal..went to class and told the teacher that a air plane hit the wtc and she didn't believe me lol. School went on as usual though my friends that went to school downtown were dismissed