Off Topic

WOW! It's been 11 years. 9-11 Anniversary Today. Where were you?

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 13th, 2012 10:32 am
Tags:
None
Member
May 1, 2010
242 posts
2 upvotes
mysticalinfluence wrote:
Sep 11th, 2012 11:46 pm
No you don't have the right to hate every American. Did every American come out and bomb you? What a bunch racist nonsense you just spewed out.
Do you hate terrorists? In a lot of country's America is seen as the terrorists..And it's actually true, if you really look at history America *****ed up a lot of country's
Jr. Member
User avatar
Jan 25, 2011
109 posts
15 upvotes
mysticalinfluence wrote:
Sep 11th, 2012 11:46 pm
No you don't have the right to hate every American. Did every American come out and bomb you? What a bunch racist nonsense you just spewed out.
Do you have reading comprehension problems? I said America, not American ie. not the people
Jr. Member
User avatar
Jan 25, 2011
109 posts
15 upvotes
pintobean wrote:
Sep 12th, 2012 2:34 am
Reading comprehension fail :facepalm:
I love how you take an excerpt from the guy's post and claim it was racist, when it is clear from reading his entire post that he wasn't meaning to be racist at all.

First of all, he didn't say he hated every American, he said he had every right to hate America. And by using the term "America", I feel he was referring to the abstract entity and not any one specific person or group. In spite of that, MPaia went on to say that he still shed tears at the image of the Falling Man, and then said he felt sad for all the innocent people who died that day. Finally, he finished by asking those who say they don't care, whether they have a conscience, before stating that it is not right for innocent people to die anywhere, whether in the USA, Iraq or Afghanistan.

In my opinion, that is not even close to being racist nonsense. In fact, it is quite the opposite to me.

Here, read his entire post again, and you'll realize you completely misunderstood what he meant...
Lol, thank you. Next time I should probably read all new replies before addressing someone.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2005
6581 posts
265 upvotes
St. Catharines
MPaia wrote:
Sep 12th, 2012 7:43 am
Do you have reading comprehension problems? I said America, not American ie. not the people
pintobean wrote:
Sep 12th, 2012 2:34 am
Reading comprehension fail :facepalm:
I love how you take an excerpt from the guy's post and claim it was racist, when it is clear from reading his entire post that he wasn't meaning to be racist at all.

First of all, he didn't say he hated every American, he said he had every right to hate America. And by using the term "America", I feel he was referring to the abstract entity and not any one specific person or group. In spite of that, MPaia went on to say that he still shed tears at the image of the Falling Man, and then said he felt sad for all the innocent people who died that day. Finally, he finished by asking those who say they don't care, whether they have a conscience, before stating that it is not right for innocent people to die anywhere, whether in the USA, Iraq or Afghanistan.

In my opinion, that is not even close to being racist nonsense. In fact, it is quite the opposite to me.

Here, read his entire post again, and you'll realize you completely misunderstood what he meant...
You two spin doctors can spin it anyway you wish you just outted yourself as a racist. Both you make no sense at all if you bomb America as you say then there Americans present. Nice, try on backing tracking your statment you are still racist, MPaia and breed hate. Your type is the reason these pointless killings and wars start and exist. Racist like you should not be welcome in Canada, MPaia. More like spin doctor fail. :facepalm:
Sr. Member
Apr 21, 2010
887 posts
25 upvotes
mysticalinfluence wrote:
Sep 12th, 2012 8:08 am
You two spin doctors can spin it anyway you wish your just outted yourself as a racist. Both you make no sense at all if you bomb American as you say then their Americans present. Nice try on backing tracking your statment your still racist MPaia and beed hate. Racist like you should not be welcomed into Canada MPaia. More like spin doctor fail. :facepalm:
Why are some people allowed to hate everyone and some people not allowed to hate almost anyone?
I forgot , we live in a dictatorship where only the powers that be have unlimited freedom and the rest are subhuman.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2005
6581 posts
265 upvotes
St. Catharines
vlado416 wrote:
Sep 12th, 2012 8:22 am
Why are some people allowed to hate everyone and some people not allowed to hate almost anyone?
I forgot , we live in a dictatorship where only the powers that be have unlimited freedom and the rest are subhuman.

All Americans hate, all Muslins now? keep digging your hole, it's showing your true colours.
Sr. Member
Apr 21, 2010
887 posts
25 upvotes
mysticalinfluence wrote:
Sep 12th, 2012 8:30 am
All Americans hate, all Muslins now? keep digging your hole, it's showing your true colours.
never said anything about "Americans" or "Muslims" but hey I guess you want me to
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 23, 2010
2505 posts
571 upvotes
Lets keep this convo on track. Where were you when it all went down?...if it derails again, it will be closed.

I was in university but didn't have any internet or cable in my dorm room. Was playing video games all morning, only found out when I got to campus.
For all community related matters, please PM TomRFD
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2011
2892 posts
308 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
'Murica! Go 'Murica!

Woke up, went downstairs for breakfast and found my mom watching TV (which was rare in the morning). Saw the news and could barely comprehend the situation, so just walked off. I was in elementary school.

Turned out Dad was stuck in Colorado on the way back from his business trip and couldn't get back to Toronto because of the news, and thus he didn't come back until nearly a week later.
Deal Guru
User avatar
May 9, 2006
10809 posts
1416 upvotes
I was in Phoenix, AZ. I was teaching at the time(while looking for work in my field) and my roommates were from Texas and Arizona. I taught night school, so typically, I would stay up late and wake up late. When the planes hit, it was 5-6:00am in Phoenix. My roommates tried to wake me up telling me what happened. Half asleep, I responded with, "Excellent... Everything is going according to plan!" Then my Texas roommate punched me in the head!

9/11 did hurt me in terms of my professional career. I has 2 job offers while in Phoenix. Both were high paying. After September 11, they both took back the job offers. Citing they won't sponsor working visas after 9/11. Eventually, I moved back to Toronto and got a job which was much less than what I could have been making. My loss is pretty insignificant compared to many others, but I just wanted to share my experience.

Since CA/AZ had a lot of military bases, there were fighter jets flying all around us. This got people panicing. An Indian store owner was shot and killed just because he wore a turbin. The housing complex where I lived had a small Indian community (most of them worked at as tech support, 2 blocks away). They were deathly afraid to even leave their house. I helped out by doing some of their grocery shopping and the super drove them back and forth to the company.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 18, 2006
1785 posts
31 upvotes
Mars2012 wrote:
Sep 11th, 2012 4:12 pm
I was getting the children ready for school. My husband was on his way to work...he called and told me to turn on the television. There aren't too many events that will cause the entire world to come to a standstill.
That sent shivers down my spine.


As for me, grade 6 class and we were all sitting on the carpet that morning and our teacher tried to explain by drawing the WTC and Pentagon on the chalkboard. None of us knew what he was talking about but we started talking about the Titanic for some reason.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jun 14, 2003
23140 posts
187 upvotes
mysticalinfluence wrote:
Sep 12th, 2012 8:08 am
You two spin doctors can spin it anyway you wish you just outted yourself as a racist. Both you make no sense at all if you bomb America as you say then there Americans present. Nice, try on backing tracking your statment you are still racist, MPaia and breed hate. Your type is the reason these pointless killings and wars start and exist. Racist like you should not be welcome in Canada, MPaia. More like spin doctor fail. :facepalm:
You really have reading problem.

1. MPaia did not say bombing WTC was right, he/she said it was WRONG.
2. His/her home country was bombed by USA.
3. He/she said innocent people should not be killed. Do you disagree?
4. If Canada is bombed by USA, will you hate USA? Please tell me that you don't. Otherwise, based on your logic, you would be racist.
Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like. -- Will Smith
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Stay hungry, stay foolish.
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 20, 2008
1708 posts
742 upvotes
loserga wrote:
Sep 12th, 2012 9:52 am
'Murica! Go 'Murica!

Woke up, went downstairs for breakfast and found my mom watching TV (which was rare in the morning). Saw the news and could barely comprehend the situation, so just walked off. I was in elementary school.

Turned out Dad was stuck in Colorado on the way back from his business trip and couldn't get back to Toronto because of the news, and thus he didn't come back until nearly a week later.
WOW. to see your mom in despair/sad, that must have made your heart jump. :(

Top