Expired Hot Deals

[Wow Mobile] *Hot* Google Pixel 2 XL for $150 on Tab Large with Koodo (after Trade In) $720 Total Cost

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 15th, 2018 1:30 pm
Dec 10, 2016
52 posts
22 upvotes
I got this deal at Wow Friday no issues at all. You can get more than $50 if you have a working newish phone to trade(call ahead and ask). Manufacturer date December 1 2017. I find the screen to be absolutely beautiful.
Jul 22, 2014
265 posts
271 upvotes
Calgary, AB
I'm on my third Pixel 2 XL from WOW Mobile in two days. First two had dead/stuck pixels and awful blue tint. This third unit is a gorgeous screen, no bad pixels and the blue tint is only slightly noticable.

Third and present Pixel 2 XL:
Manufacture date: November 29, 2017
Shipped from factory: November 30, 2017

I didn't happen to check the dates of the first two phones.

I will say, the guys at WOW were a real pleasure to deal with and no probelms exchanging two phones.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2007
1442 posts
1079 upvotes
darkadvenger wrote:
Feb 10th, 2018 9:36 pm
not sure about but this would be tax evasion more so than fraud.
It's neither, but both of these get thrown around more loosely around here than even from lying WOW employees at their kiosks.
May 30, 2015
537 posts
153 upvotes
Toronto, ON
pagefaultca wrote:
Feb 10th, 2018 9:27 pm
Unless you got one from a reviewer who got an early build you are safe. They corrected the problem a long time ago. There also was a lot of confusion until they display colour adjustment settings were put in so people could change the screen tuning.
nope, really not. I saw a lot of Pixel 2 XL and the one I have is in another league. And some of the worst of them were bought a month ago
Aug 16, 2010
503 posts
140 upvotes
This comment is YMMV: If you cancelled a koodo account in the past three months you will be declined for a tab large. Something I noticed with myself and 4 other people I spoke to during the last S8 deal. If you think you're going to get multiple phones throughout the year and cancel, it's best to keep one line open and put it on seasonal hold.
Jun 9, 2009
546 posts
58 upvotes
Hamilton
I found someone on Kijiji. Says its BNIB and sealed. If I am the first to put my SIM inside, is it still possible for him to call in and say it's stolen? If so, is there any way to prevent this?
Jan 27, 2007
474 posts
263 upvotes
How do you guys find these deals, do you check the koodo, wow, best buy websites every day? I'm waiting for a good Note 8 deal.
Aug 4, 2008
27 posts
3 upvotes
Just got this deal but when I went to change my phone number online, for an Alberta phone number, it tells me to call customer service. Anyone else getting this?
Jun 3, 2007
298 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
Would applying for this qualify as a hard pull on your credit history?
Dec 19, 2009
262 posts
206 upvotes
Calgary
denhammer wrote:
Feb 11th, 2018 6:21 pm
Would applying for this qualify as a hard pull on your credit history?
Yes, any credit check for account openings will be a hard check in your credit score.