Expired Hot Deals

[Wow Mobile] *Hot* Google Pixel 2 XL for $150 on Tab Large with Koodo (after Trade In) $720 Total Cost

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 15th, 2018 1:30 pm
Oct 1, 2007
113 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto
brensavoyton wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 10:12 am
Why would people do this? What benefit is there?
They could have claim through their credit card for lost reimbursement, and sometimes they have to have a police report. The police will send the imei number to the carrier to block the phone.
Jun 3, 2007
21 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
A few questions:

1. Have a few people done this? It sounds great, but I'm worried that when I cancel the line I'm going to get road-blocked. Is there any way they can do that?
2. This needs to be done in-store at first correct?
Apr 4, 2017
397 posts
147 upvotes
Eli2015 wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 6:26 am
if you dont already have a tab then you are fine.
As an existing customer, do I add a new line to my account or open a new account?
Jun 9, 2009
525 posts
55 upvotes
Hamilton
brensavoyton wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 10:12 am
Why would people do this? What benefit is there?
It happened to my friend.

-Paid money
-Was reported stolen
-Contacted guy
-Guy said he had no clue what happened but would only give a few hundred for the phone since it was "stolen"
-Buddy loses more than half but wanted to recover some money
-Guy can remove the 'stolen' and use the phone

You have to be a HUGE scumbag to do this, but it happens
Feb 18, 2016
4 posts
2 upvotes
It would be fraud if he changed his address, there accounting policies have an error. Which he can't be held liable for, its not illegal to have a out of province number.
Feb 18, 2016
4 posts
2 upvotes
dmanwin wrote:
Feb 9th, 2018 2:06 pm
Step 2 is fraud
It would be fraud if he changed his address, there accounting policies have an error. Which he can't be held liable for, its not illegal to have a out of province number.
Jul 12, 2012
55 posts
6 upvotes
LONDON
Anyone know how to do the deal with Best Buy? Looks like they can give a giftcard for trade-in.
Aug 4, 2008
27 posts
3 upvotes
Any Quebec resident was able to change their phone number to an Alberta phone number?
Jul 22, 2014
211 posts
193 upvotes
Calgary, AB
So I completed this deal and here was my cost in Alberta:

+ $200 - Up front
- $50 - Trade-in (broken flip phone)
+ $15 - SIM card
+ $504 - Final bill (device tab)
= $669 - Before tax
* 1.05 - Alberta tax
= $702.45 - Total

Edit: Received credit from Koodo for some reason. Seems to be due to the way WOW Mobile handled the exchanges on the first two devices I exchanged due to dead pixels. Either way my revised total now, in Alberta, including GST is $689.98.
Last edited by blyndfyre on Feb 12th, 2018 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 4, 2017
397 posts
147 upvotes
iceroll wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 4:18 pm
Anyone know how to do the deal with Best Buy? Looks like they can give a giftcard for trade-in.
Wouldn't the steps be the same? Unless I'm missing something.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2004
2868 posts
478 upvotes
What happened to SD cards on Android phones???
Apr 27, 2015
33 posts
2 upvotes
Markham
loweND wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 10:41 am
A few questions:

1. Have a few people done this? It sounds great, but I'm worried that when I cancel the line I'm going to get road-blocked. Is there any way they can do that?
2. This needs to be done in-store at first correct?
Needs to be done in store because wowmobile does not ship.
They can't do anything after you get the plan and cancel.. they will just send you a bill for the tab.

Don't know why people afraid it is literally legit "method" you go buy a phone on tab and then cancel and pay the tab bill. If they don't allow you to get it on large tab it just means the sales rep didn't wanna give you the deal or you have a bad credit.

Literally just did it tonight.
Ps. If for some reason you can't cancel the plan.. you have 15 days to return..
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
4443 posts
373 upvotes
Toronto
Damn, this is a good deal. Now only if there was a similar deal for the smaller Pixel 2. :(
Buy Bell, and you go to HELL! :-0
[OP]
Sep 5, 2008
464 posts
93 upvotes
Ontario
Nook wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 11:12 pm
Damn, this is a good deal. Now only if there was a similar deal for the smaller Pixel 2. :(
I had the smaller Pixel 2. No comparison the XL is the one to get. I would have never given up my iPhone X for the smaller Pixel I switched back to iPhone. Then this XL came along and my iPhone is on Kijiji. It's that much better than the smaller one.