Expired Hot Deals

[Wow Mobile] *Hot* Google Pixel 2 XL for $150 on Tab Large with Koodo (after Trade In) $720 Total Cost

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 15th, 2018 1:30 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1454 posts
374 upvotes
How are you guys liking the Pixel XL. I wanted to get it but just couldn't comprehend it when the Bezel less design is now a norm on Samsung phones.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
4434 posts
365 upvotes
Toronto
RASHID007 wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 11:27 pm
I had the smaller Pixel 2. No comparison the XL is the one to get. I would have never given up my iPhone X for the smaller Pixel I switched back to iPhone. Then this XL came along and my iPhone is on Kijiji. It's that much better than the smaller one.
I actually have an iPhone X that I plan to ditch but the blue tint and grain issues of the XL scare me.
Buy Bell, and you go to HELL! :-0
Dec 12, 2016
4 posts
mississauga
itrocks4u wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 11:29 pm
How are you guys liking the Pixel XL. I wanted to get it but just couldn't comprehend it when the Bezel less design is now a norm on Samsung phones.
I just got mine today at wow mobile, I'm currently using an s8+ and wanted to switch over because of the UI and camera but I don't know if it's worth the display downgrade. The blue tint, the big bezels, and the overall flat colour profile is making it tough for me to make it my daily driver. I guess it's a give and take at the end of the day.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1454 posts
374 upvotes
byootiful wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 11:46 pm
I just got mine today at wow mobile, I'm currently using an s8+ and wanted to switch over because of the UI and camera but I don't know if it's worth the display downgrade. The blue tint, the big bezels, and the overall flat colour profile is making it tough for me to make it my daily driver. I guess it's a give and take at the end of the day.
keep me posted. S8+ is stunning tbh.
Apr 27, 2014
678 posts
204 upvotes
Toronto, ON
byootiful wrote:
Love mine, no blue tint for me and the bezels don't really bother me much. I prefer usability and quick updates over the elegance of the S8+, it is a great phone don't get me wrong but I need vanilla android.
Fido Sims for sale! $5 PM me for details!
Jun 24, 2013
49 posts
88 upvotes
AB
Dumb question -- if I were to buy this phone from Wow Mobile using this deal, could I get the phone to work on Fido/Rogers?
Jan 31, 2015
20 posts
35 upvotes
Vancouver
fiend780 wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 1:58 am
Dumb question -- if I were to buy this phone from Wow Mobile using this deal, could I get the phone to work on Fido/Rogers?
Yes, that would be no problem at all. The phone should already come unlocked (as per CRTC policy after Dec. 2017), so it should work instantly. In the case it doesn't, call into Koodo to get it unlocked BEFORE you request to cancel.

On another note, does anyone have any idea as to whether WOW Mobile might do a better deal when the S9 rolls around? Been on the fence on this phone, and don't know if I should wait it out to see if I can get a better deal on the 2XL (currently using a G6...)
Apr 27, 2014
678 posts
204 upvotes
Toronto, ON
fiend780 wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 1:58 am
All google/pixel phones are unlocked out of the box.
Apr 27, 2014
678 posts
204 upvotes
Toronto, ON
huaadam wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 4:13 am
Yes, that would be no problem at all. The phone should already come unlocked (as per CRTC policy after Dec. 2017), so it should work instantly. In the case it doesn't, call into Koodo to get it unlocked BEFORE you request to cancel.

On another note, does anyone have any idea as to whether WOW Mobile might do a better deal when the S9 rolls around? Been on the fence on this phone, and don't know if I should wait it out to see if I can get a better deal on the 2XL (currently using a G6...)
Get the XL 2 if the bezels don't bother you much, it really is a fantastic phone and if you get their newer updated versions there are no issues with the display. My buddy was on the fence about it before the promo ended in January and was really upset, he found out about the deal again last week and got it right away and loves it.
Jul 22, 2014
175 posts
148 upvotes
Calgary, AB
byootiful wrote:
I honestly noticed the display blue tint right away, but that is because I knew to look for it from all the chatter about it online. It's really not even that bad, my Galaxy Note 5 had it to some degree and I never even knew until I checked it for comparison purposes. After only 3 days of use I don't even notice it on my Pixel 2 XL and it's mainly because of a couple things; one, I'm rarely looking at the screen from an angle; two, I can only notice it when it's displaying white.

The bezel doesn't bother me one bit, and I love having the front firing stereo speakers.

I find the "Natural" color profile to be fairly flat. I'm still deciding between "Boosted" or "Saturated". Saturated is in no way flat in my opinion, and if anything it's too vivid. For me, so far, I think Boosted is a happy medium. You have these color profiles available in display settings when you update to Android 8.1.

I do agree it's give and take though, would be nice to have a phone that hits every mark. Ultimately, having vanilla Android with timely updates and no additional bloatware pushed me towards the Pixel 2 XL. Keep us informed what you decide!
Dec 12, 2016
4 posts
mississauga
blyndfyre wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 10:47 am
I honestly noticed the display blue tint right away, but that is because I knew to look for it from all the chatter about it online. It's really not even that bad, my Galaxy Note 5 had it to some degree and I never even knew until I checked it for comparison purposes. After only 3 days of use I don't even notice it on my Pixel 2 XL and it's mainly because of a couple things; one, I'm rarely looking at the screen from an angle; two, I can only notice it when it's displaying white.

The bezel doesn't bother me one bit, and I love having the front firing stereo speakers.

I find the "Natural" color profile to be fairly flat. I'm still deciding between "Boosted" or "Saturated". Saturated is in no way flat in my opinion, and if anything it's too vivid. For me, so far, I think Boosted is a happy medium. You have these color profiles available in display settings when you update to Android 8.1.

I do agree it's give and take though, would be nice to have a phone that hits every mark. Ultimately, having vanilla Android with timely updates and no additional bloatware pushed me towards the Pixel 2 XL. Keep us informed what you decide!
Personally, I didn't know about the blue tint before buying this phone (probably my fault because I didn't do much research) but holding the Pixel 2 XL was the first time i noticed it on any of my phones over the years.

I agree, front firing speakers are nice...

I almost feel like maybe I ended up with a particularly severe case of the blue tint. Based on your responses saying that its no longer noticeable for yourselves - I cant imagine mine becoming "not noticeable" anymore. I just upgraded to 8.1 this morning, gonna try and play with the display settings and see if its any better.

Thanks for the feedback y'all!
Apr 27, 2014
678 posts
204 upvotes
Toronto, ON
byootiful wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 11:25 am
Personally, I didn't know about the blue tint before buying this phone (probably my fault because I didn't do much research) but holding the Pixel 2 XL was the first time i noticed it on any of my phones over the years.

I agree, front firing speakers are nice...

I almost feel like maybe I ended up with a particularly severe case of the blue tint. Based on your responses saying that its no longer noticeable for yourselves - I cant imagine mine becoming "not noticeable" anymore. I just upgraded to 8.1 this morning, gonna try and play with the display settings and see if its any better.

Thanks for the feedback y'all!
When was yours manufactured? I think there was a link in the old thread that showed it (LG IMEI Checker). Mine was manufactured in December and doesn't seem to have any blue tint at all. Maybe yours is an older batch before they fixed it?
Dec 12, 2016
4 posts
mississauga
alkaint wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 11:40 am
When was yours manufactured? I think there was a link in the old thread that showed it (LG IMEI Checker). Mine was manufactured in December and doesn't seem to have any blue tint at all. Maybe yours is an older batch before they fixed it?
Just checked it out, October 28th 2017 - you might be right. Tried playing with the display settings as well with no real difference being made.

Going to go to back to the store later today, hopefully they will let me exchange it for a different one.
Apr 27, 2014
678 posts
204 upvotes
Toronto, ON
byootiful wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 11:54 am
Just checked it out, October 28th 2017 - you might be right. Tried playing with the display settings as well with no real difference being made.

Going to go to back to the store later today, hopefully they will let me exchange it for a different one.
Yup that is most likely it, best to get it exchanged. Once you get the right one you won't want any other phone.
Sep 23, 2014
28 posts
4 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
How would you do this if you already have a BYOD plan with Koodoo? I wouldn't want to do anything to mess with that plan. Do you walk in to WOW cold and not mention your existing Koodoo account? Or add it as a second line to your existing Koodoo account?