Hot Deals

[Wow Mobile] *Hot* Google Pixel 2 XL for $150 on Tab Large with Koodo (after Trade In) $720 Total Cost

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 19th, 2018 9:56 pm
Feb 18, 2016
4 posts
2 upvotes
meelad92 wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 7:01 pm
Wouldn't the steps be the same? Unless I'm missing something.
No, they don't apply giftcards on purchasing invoices. And there tradeins don't have a tax value added to the total amount of the trade in credit.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1103 posts
117 upvotes
GTA
Hanimal wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 12:16 pm
How would you do this if you already have a BYOD plan with Koodoo? I wouldn't want to do anything to mess with that plan. Do you walk in to WOW cold and not mention your existing Koodoo account? Or add it as a second line to your existing Koodoo account?
Even if you don't mentioned the existing Koodo account, i think they can figure it out once they do a search with your personal info. That happened to me. If they find out about your existing account then get it on a second line to keep the BYOD plan. Good luck!
Dec 11, 2013
172 posts
53 upvotes
Victoria
Hanimal wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 12:16 pm
How would you do this if you already have a BYOD plan with Koodoo? I wouldn't want to do anything to mess with that plan. Do you walk in to WOW cold and not mention your existing Koodoo account? Or add it as a second line to your existing Koodoo account?
You could start a new line at a Koodo store or online, then do a phone upgrade (plan renewal) at the Wow store. Then seasonal hold or cancel.
Apr 4, 2017
309 posts
125 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
OlShep wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 12:19 pm
No, they don't apply giftcards on purchasing invoices. And there tradeins don't have a tax value added to the total amount of the trade in credit.
So you'll get the same deal for phone minus the trade in credit? So instead of $720, it will total $770 if you get it at BestBuy?
Jan 5, 2017
83 posts
26 upvotes
How are you guys that have it like the storage?
Is 64gb enough?
Dec 10, 2016
17 posts
10 upvotes
Just so people know Google has upped the standard warranty to 2 years from the usual 1 year. That is pretty awesome in my mind that you can have 2 years peace of mind with this device. I talked to Google directly to confirm it is valid even that I bought through Koodo.
Jul 22, 2014
53 posts
19 upvotes
Calgary, AB
matssundin15 wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 7:27 pm
Just so people know Google has upped the standard warranty to 2 years from the usual 1 year. That is pretty awesome in my mind that you can have 2 years peace of mind with this device. I talked to Google directly to confirm it is valid even that I bought through Koodo.
I knew they updated the warranty to two years, but I wasn't clear if it the device had to be purchased from the Google Store. The Google representative I received on their chat system wasn't sure either and assumed it had to be purchased from the Google Store to qualify. Seemed strange to me, so I hope the answer you got was the correct one.
Dec 10, 2016
17 posts
10 upvotes
blyndfyre wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 1:48 pm
I knew they updated the warranty to two years, but I wasn't clear if it the device had to be purchased from the Google Store. The Google representative I received on their chat system wasn't sure either and assumed it had to be purchased from the Google Store to qualify. Seemed strange to me, so I hope the answer you got was the correct one.
Ya for sure actually was on the phone with Koodo today and they too confirmed that I have two years warranty. Also when I contacted Google I gave my Imei and they confirmed I have the two years warranty. To me personally this is huge.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1414 posts
352 upvotes
Does anyone know how much Note 8 would end up being this way?
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2012
2051 posts
738 upvotes
Mississauga
LtLollipop wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 6:13 pm
How are you guys that have it like the storage?
Is 64gb enough?
Coming from a 16GB phone, it's amazing.
I love RFD! :)

Model 3 reservation holder
Jul 22, 2014
53 posts
19 upvotes
Calgary, AB
hi_me_again wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 3:27 pm
Is pixel 2 xl available in all Wow mobile store?
You'd want to call and check if they have stock.
Dec 10, 2003
203 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
Do i have to go into the store to make the purchase or can i do it online?
Jun 3, 2007
19 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Question for anybody who's done this - when you cancelled did you have to wait for your bill to be available online? I cancelled this morning and it still says I have no bill. I'm curious to see the end cost, and I'm curious why no bill has been published.
Feb 13, 2018
1 posts
Definitely something I'll need to keep in mind if I decide to get a Pixel 2 XL. I noticed that Freedom Mobile has an offer for a $0 iPhone 8 right now, but I've heard bad things about their network. Would this method of buying a phone work with other carriers/retailers such as Freedom?