Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

WOW Mobile - Koodo iPhone SE 32GB - $120 upfront with $240 small tab, New Activation $100GC+$50 phone trade-in credit

Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2004
1951 posts
711 upvotes
embguy wrote: For self-referral, you need to sign up a new line with a different email address from your address used by your first line.
I've tried signing up a new line with a different email but the guy said all he can do is change the account to the new email since each account (and all the lines in it) can have only one email(?)

So maybe the email associated with the account doesn't matter?
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3659 posts
1647 upvotes
Toronto
bobor wrote: I've tried signing up a new line with a different email but the guy said all he can do is change the account to the new email since each account (and all the lines in it) can have only one email(?)

So maybe the email associated with the account doesn't matter?
You can only have 1 email per account. For self referral, the 2nd email is just for communication purpose.
Zoomer Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
9613019 wrote: You can only have 1 email per account. For self referral, the 2nd email is just for communication purpose.
1. Are you saying that the new email address for the new line is only for referral communication purpose? The new email address will not be entered in the Koodo system during activation
2. Are the referral credits for the existing line and the new line mixed in one account or separately by each phone line?
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $34 15GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, $0 FPL home phone,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2017
4615 posts
3080 upvotes
do I need a referral if I plan to ditch koodo immediately like the pixel deal?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 5, 2016
6116 posts
4613 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
cristianosham wrote: do I need a referral if I plan to ditch koodo immediately like the pixel deal?
Nope as you won't get it in time since you're cancelling immediately so no point doing it.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 5, 2016
6116 posts
4613 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
If you're referring using the second line, you can just use the phone number. Just click My friend referred me, Find my Friend and enter the phone number.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
If you are not prepare to stay for 90 days, no point to get referral as the credit will be clawed back if your account is closed within 90 days.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2017
4615 posts
3080 upvotes
embguy wrote: If you are not prepare to stay for 90 days, no point to get referral as the credit will be clawed back if your account is closed within 90 days.
will the wow GC be clawed back as well?
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
cristianosham wrote: will the wow GC be clawed back as well?
When did you activate you plan?
If you your contract has the 90 days clawback clause, you should stay for 90 days.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3659 posts
1647 upvotes
Toronto
embguy wrote: 1. Are you saying that the new email address for the new line is only for referral communication purpose? The new email address will not be entered in the Koodo system during activation
2. Are the referral credits for the existing line and the new line mixed in one account or separately by each phone line?
1. Yes

2. They will be credited to the same account, but they will be individually applied by the number.
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2017
4615 posts
3080 upvotes
embguy wrote: When did you activate you plan?
If you your contract has the 90 days clawback clause, you should stay for 90 days.
well I didn't get the phone yet and educating myself through these threads first.
so if I go with wow and the 200 GC with koodo IPhone SE I read that koodo will not claw back the 200GC from wow?
Jul 29, 2007
904 posts
674 upvotes
Pacific Northwest
bomber17 wrote: If you're referring using the second line, you can just use the phone number. Just click My friend referred me, Find my Friend and enter the phone number.
This is correct: It's one of the options, this is their "word of mouth" option out of 4. I used this only once and the rest were from links.
They have a third option is by Email and forth option by QR scan code (both of these should bring to the same link). They're awesome.
Thank you RFD community for helping me with spending money!
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
9613019 wrote: 1. Yes
Thanks for the info. Great. I don't need to mention about my second email address during activation.
2. They will be credited to the same account, but they will be individually applied by the number.
Since credits are applied individually by the number, each number will have its yearly max of $300 credit. Total $600/year for the account with 2 numbers. Am I correct?
Jul 29, 2007
904 posts
674 upvotes
Pacific Northwest
FYI for Referrals - TMS has your email address for setup of your account in their system.
It is separate from Koodo, the system from Koodo only has whatever you have setup for self serve.

Create another self serve account with another email you have. This is how I did it,
TMS has my gmail account. My first referral I did, I used my Yahoo email, I referred myself on second line with a Hotmail address.

So, This netted me $50 for first line, and $25 for second line. TMS has my gmail for both lines.
The person who referred me, used my Yahoo email and I created another self serve account for Hotmail.

Note: I did that AFTER activating both accounts, their referral system doesn't check.
There is no need to get the first step of email or link setup before you activate.
The main thing is, you need to punch in the phone number when you get home on that referral email.
Thank you RFD community for helping me with spending money!
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
cristianosham wrote: well I didn't get the phone yet and educating myself through these threads first.
so if I go with wow and the 200 GC with koodo IPhone SE I read that koodo will not claw back the 200GC from wow?
For the past few weeks, the new Koodo contract does not have the 90 days claw-back clause. Some RFDers were canceling their plan right away. We need to wait for a few more weeks to determine whether their GCs are clawed back or not. YMMV
Deal Fanatic
Apr 5, 2016
6116 posts
4613 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
embguy wrote: For the past few weeks, the new Koodo contract does not have the 90 days claw-back clause. Some RFDers were canceling their plan right away. We need to wait for a few more weeks to determine whether their GCs are clawed back or not. YMMV
For my experience, the GC wasn't clawed back.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3659 posts
1647 upvotes
Toronto
embguy wrote: Thanks for the info. Great. I don't need to mention about my second email address during activation.

Since credits are applied individually by the number, each number will have its yearly max of $300 credit. Total $600/year for the account with 2 numbers. Am I correct?
Correct.
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2017
4615 posts
3080 upvotes
embguy wrote: For the past few weeks, the new Koodo contract does not have the 90 days claw-back clause. Some RFDers were canceling their plan right away. We need to wait for a few more weeks to determine whether their GCs are clawed back or not. YMMV
I just got the phone today and wonder were that clause would be on the contract?
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
cristianosham wrote: I just got the phone today and wonder were that clause would be on the contract?
Unless Koodo changed the contract again, the claw-back clause is not in the current contract. Read the cancellation section.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2017
4615 posts
3080 upvotes
embguy wrote: Unless Koodo changed the contract again, the claw-back clause is not in the current contract. Read the cancellation section.
also I tried changing the number to AB number and a message pops up saying I cannot change to out of province number. :(

Cancellation
you can cancel your service at any time. If you cancel service before paying your Tab, or if Koodo terminates the Agreement in accordance with the Service Terms, any balance becomes immediately due and payable. All other charges owing to Koodo for use of the service will remain due upon termination of the Agreement.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)