Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Wow mobile

Koodo LG G4 small tab ($240) with $300 bonus prepaid credit card, $50 referral bonus, $50 trade in credit

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 18th, 2017 9:18 pm
Apr 22, 2016
107 posts
299 upvotes

Koodo LG G4 small tab ($240) with $300 bonus prepaid credit card, $50 referral bonus, $50 trade in credit

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Wow mobile
Update: Wow mobile website offers $300 gift card.
Check stock at your Wow Boutique. OOS in many places.
You might try to match Wow offer at Bestbuy but they will offer bestbuy gift card

Wow mobile is selling the koodo Lg G4 for 0$ on small tab ($240/ $10 for 24 months).

I know there was some greater deals with PC points but it's probably out of stock everywhere.

Wow mobile still have some stock depends on location.
They offer a bonus 300$ on prepaid credit card.
They offer 75$ for your old phone trade in. Applicable on accessories only. You can bring any phone with a visible IMEI.
Take advantage of the Koodo referral program of $50 offered until 8th August.

Please do not ask or offer referral on this post
Last edited by Alexis75 on Jul 17th, 2017 10:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
294 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2010
2602 posts
488 upvotes
DFR Headquarter
No bootloop yet going on 20 months.

As for the deal. It would a lot better if the $75 credit was not for wow overpriced accessories.
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
14353 posts
15717 upvotes
Oil Country
Bedboi wrote: No bootloop yet going on 20 months.

As for the deal. It would a lot better if the $75 credit was not for wow overpriced accessories.
You're lucky... the G4 is the one model with widespread reports of bootloop issues. The bootloop issue is supposed to be fixed in their newer phones, even though the G5 and V20 are listed in the class action lawsuit.
https://www.girardgibbs.com/lg-g4-bootl ... n-lawsuit/
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2015
2551 posts
1071 upvotes
Ontario
Got this phone with original pc points promo. I like the phone overall. Great side phone for back up. Heats up sometime but there's a cleaning app that easily fixes it.

Referral doubled!
Mar 14, 2017
236 posts
191 upvotes
Victoria, BC
fudge_u wrote: Just an FYI, this is one of the LG models that will develop the bootloop issue.
Not sure why you got down voted. This is a fact. I have a G4, had the bootloop after 14 months of use. LG replaced the main board (had to send the phone to them for repair). Nice that it was free, would much rather have not experienced this at all.
ValiantSpacemanSpiff
Interplanetary Explorer Extraordinaire
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21330 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
fudge_u wrote: Just an FYI, this is one of the LG models that will develop the bootloop issue.
Except they found and fixed the problem, so those with newer build dates are unlikely to have the issue. And on top of that, LG announced that they're officially extending warranty coverage for the G4 in Canada by 9 months (for bootloop only, I think), so buying one now you'll have 21 months warranty coverage for bootloop issues.
Bedboi wrote: As for the deal. It would a lot better if the $75 credit was not for wow overpriced accessories.
Sadly, for phones this cheap there's no upfront cost, so accessories are the only option.
Oct 12, 2011
473 posts
171 upvotes
Toronto
wearysky wrote: Except they found and fixed the problem, so those with newer build dates are unlikely to have the issue. And on top of that, LG announced that they're officially extending warranty coverage for the G4 in Canada by 9 months (for bootloop only, I think), so buying one now you'll have 21 months warranty coverage for bootloop issues.

Sadly, for phones this cheap there's no upfront cost, so accessories are the only option.
Are there any ways to find out which units are new and which are old? My friend's G4 just got the bootloop problem that he got about 8 months ago.
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
14353 posts
15717 upvotes
Oil Country
AforApple wrote: Are there any ways to find out which units are new and which are old? My friend's G4 just got the bootloop problem that he got about 8 months ago.
Ya, there's a way to tell by the serial number, but people are still experiencing the issue. I think there's more information about it on Android Central.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-g4 ... ead-4.html
https://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-g4 ... 505-a.html

You might have to search through other threads too.
Banned
Feb 9, 2011
1393 posts
930 upvotes
Edmonton
Can we cancel the line after signing up? Or do we have to stay for 3 months?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
8976 posts
2827 upvotes
AforApple wrote: Are there any ways to find out which units are new and which are old? My friend's G4 just got the bootloop problem that he got about 8 months ago.
Yes, check serial number. My wife's replacement was 6xx serial number and I havent seen any 6xx models reported for bootloop
Apr 22, 2016
107 posts
299 upvotes
Bought 4 pcs, all 702 serial numbers.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2010
2602 posts
488 upvotes
DFR Headquarter
After reading all these times about boot loop and i didnt know what it is, ive finally youtube it to see what people are talking about. Now i know. Luckily mine has not been affected by it.

During my first 12 months owning it i was not using it heavily. Now my main phone is the g5 and although the g4 is my backup for the last 8mnths, i use it quite heavily on gaming apps and youtube. It gets quite hot after i finish with it.

I dont know why mine has not acted up on bootloop issue yet. Maybe people likes to turn on/off their phone too often? I dont remember the last time ive ever turned on/off on any of my phones. Im gonna go try it with this g4 and see if that is what causes it since its still under warranty.
Apr 22, 2016
107 posts
299 upvotes
Yes, you'll need to stay 3 months. Possibly on the seasonal hold plan at $15 per month. It's depends on the koodo agent you'll talk too.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2016
1808 posts
530 upvotes
Alexis75 wrote: Yes, you'll need to stay 3 months. Possibly on the seasonal hold plan at $15 per month. It's depends on the koodo agent you'll talk too.
Can you use the prepaid VISA to pay for Koodo invoices?

Koodo's site seems to say so, but not clear about prepaid VISA
Dec 8, 2001
77 posts
25 upvotes
Montreal
Any root methods for this device? Any custom roms or xposed?
Apr 22, 2016
107 posts
299 upvotes
Not sure if you can. prepaid card is Vanilla Master Card.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21330 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
notfromqc wrote: Can you use the prepaid VISA to pay for Koodo invoices?

Yes, I did.
Dec 30, 2008
841 posts
545 upvotes
the 75$ for accessories breaks the deal for me.
Theres no way to use the credit balance to pay for a part of the phone?
It states on the wow mobile website thats its either 75$ trade in toward the phone or accessories.
I really dont need overpriced accessories.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3659 posts
1647 upvotes
Toronto
notfromqc wrote: Can you use the prepaid VISA to pay for Koodo invoices?

You will get prepaid Vanilla Mastercard from Wow mobile.

If you want to use a prepaid credit card for online payment, it is better to reigister it online with your postal code.

To make payment with Koodo, you need to know that they will put a temporary authorization on your card. If they put $0.01, then you can only use $99.99 to pay the bill immediately with a $100 card.
Zoomer Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)