Expired Hot Deals

[wow mobile] | WoW Mobile | Koodo iPhone 6s 190$ on a small tab after TRADE in

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 4th, 2017 5:20 pm
Deal Fanatic
Mar 30, 2011
7163 posts
697 upvotes
just a quick summary(assuming buy and cancel next day, i.e. just want the phone):

240(tab) + 190(upfront with 50 trade in) + 70(unlock per a link to ebay) = 500 + tax
Aug 29, 2006
912 posts
64 upvotes
chimp wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 12:32 pm
just a quick summary(assuming buy and cancel next day, i.e. just want the phone):

240(tab) + 190(upfront with 50 trade in) + 70(unlock per a link to ebay) = 500 + tax
Don't you need to include the price of the plan? Don't you need to pay (small TAB cheapest plan) $28 when you sign up? Why is everyone leaving out the price of the plan they need to initially sign up with?
I am a Public mobile customer. Love them!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 30, 2011
7163 posts
697 upvotes
bonita! wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 1:38 pm
Don't you need to include the price of the plan? Don't you need to pay (small TAB cheapest plan) $28 when you sign up? Why is everyone leaving out the price of the plan they need to initially sign up with?
that is what I meant, CANCEL THE NEXT DAY.
Of course if you want to stay with koodo for 90 days for the right to unlock and prevent claw back, you have to add 28x3, the unlock is 50 instead of 69
Aug 29, 2006
912 posts
64 upvotes
AagashhK wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 10:27 pm
For the previous The Mobile Shop iPhone 6S deal, I cancelled the day I signed up and got no questions asked and my 150k points weren't clawed back. Might be YMMV, but just my 2 cents.
Do you have to pay the TAB off first and then cancel? Or cancel first and then pay off the TAB? Do you do it all online or by phone? I'm scared that they will claw back the PC points though!!
I am a Public mobile customer. Love them!
Sep 15, 2016
56 posts
17 upvotes
Mississauga, Ontario
bonita! wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 2:31 pm
Do you have to pay the TAB off first and then cancel? Or cancel first and then pay off the TAB? Do you do it all online or by phone? I'm scared that they will claw back the PC points though!!
The issue is you cannot pay off your Tab unless you've been with Koodo for 90 days. Cancelling is essentially paying off your Tab, because let's say you cancel the next day after signing up. Koodo will send you a bill consisting of your Tab balance and partial charges of the plan you signed up with (since you were only on the plan for a day). If you're paying off the Tab it can be done online. If you want to cancel, you can avoid talking to a rep by porting your Koodo number to some other carrier or you can just call in and cancel.

In my case, I decided to cancel the next day because of my interpretation of Koodo's terms. Here's a picture I found on imgur with the clause highlighted and the question being asked is, "Are there conditions with any offers I receive from Koodo?" This PC points offer is coming from TMS and is not directly coming from Koodo as it's not mentioned anywhere on the Koodo website and the last sentence of the highlighted clause also mentions, "... you agree to return the gift to Koodo or pay the value of it." The PC points are not linked with Koodo and since people would be receiving the gift (points in this case) from TMS it would be impossible to return it to Koodo. So if Koodo's website explicitly mentions a gift card or accessory or any other bonus, it would have to be returned if you weren't with them for 90 days. Just my understanding of it and I felt it was pretty clear so I cancelled the next day and in my case, my points weren't clawed back. If they do clawback your points, I guess there's reasonable grounds to argue with them considering their terms seem to be pretty vague.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 30, 2011
7163 posts
697 upvotes
a prepaid gift card is not linked to koodo too. Though in the case of PC points it is difficult to put a value on it thus almost impossible to include in the invoice of koodo. Just think about the case, what if the gift is a case, how much they are going to 'claw back' ?
Sep 15, 2016
56 posts
17 upvotes
Mississauga, Ontario
chimp wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 2:59 pm
a prepaid gift card is not linked to koodo too. Though in the case of PC points it is difficult to put a value on it thus almost impossible to include in the invoice of koodo. Just think about the case, what if the gift is a case, how much they are going to 'claw back' ?
They would claw back the value of the case. I'm assuming they attribute base values to their bonus accessories. What I mean by linked to Koodo is if Koodo themselves offer a gift card on their website as opposed to WOW! giving you a gift card that's not part of Koodo's deals on the Koodo site.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 30, 2011
7163 posts
697 upvotes
AagashhK wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 3:07 pm
They would claw back the value of the case. I'm assuming they attribute base values to their bonus accessories. What I mean by linked to Koodo is if Koodo themselves offer a gift card on their website as opposed to WOW! giving you a gift card that's not part of Koodo's deals on the Koodo site.
so if they said your case worth 50, they charge you 50 ? I doubt.
usually when the store give you giftcard they put a note stating the value of it which Koodo would know and would claw back. things that is more intangible like the points or case/battery or whatever, it is almost impossible.
Sep 15, 2016
56 posts
17 upvotes
Mississauga, Ontario
chimp wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 3:21 pm
so if they said your case worth 50, they charge you 50 ? I doubt.
usually when the store give you giftcard they put a note stating the value of it which Koodo would know and would claw back. things that is more intangible like the points or case/battery or whatever, it is almost impossible.
Well what I've noticed is, on the Koodo website they always specify the value of the bonus gift. They say $50, $100, or $150 gift, sometimes they say gift card. If you look at the LG G5 on the Koodo site, it just says bonus gift but upon clicking on the G5 and seeing the Nitty Gritty section they specify the value of the bonus gift (LG CamPlus at $99.99). So they always have some sort of value to clawback if a customer receives the gift directly from Koodo and cancels prior to 90 days.
Aug 15, 2006
47 posts
3 upvotes
Just as a heads up, two Loblaws (TMS) in Ottawa I visited no longer had the 100,000 PC points deal. They had a 50k points one that apparently expired yesterday.
Oct 8, 2015
254 posts
231 upvotes
York, ON
possible to get this as an upgrade from a byod plan?
Oct 16, 2016
29 posts
35 upvotes
Anyone know if you can use a public mobile sim with this koodo iphone 6s? Customer rep told me it wouldn't work with public mobile unless I unlocked it. He said there's a slight chance it may work if i put the public mobile sim in first and it locks to the carrier by itself. Can someone confirm this? I always thought a public mobile sim would work on a koodo/telus locked phone.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2013
3507 posts
578 upvotes
Brampton ON
MartinoMan wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 5:39 am
Grabbed on of these on Saturday and confirming they do indeed work on public mobile. All Kodoo or Telus phones will work on PM without need for unlocking
Telus Koodo Public Mobile is under ONE network & phone.
As-salamu alaykum
Freedom Mobile $40 10gb with F&F discount 2yrs Contract ZTE Grand X4
Virgin Mobile $47 4gb 2yrs Contract LGG6
Do A Math Before Signing Contract Buying Phone Outright (this will vary on your plan price & usage)

Nov 28, 2013
624 posts
220 upvotes
Quebec
How long do you need a line deactivated wit kodoo to redo this?

Exemple

GF bought a phone with this bonus, cancels in 3 months. Port number to w/e and in the future wants a new phone. How long will she needs to wait before she can redo this

2 years?