Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
wow mobile

WOW mobile KOODO LG G5 come with $200 gift card

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 20th, 2017 6:31 am
Nov 9, 2002
601 posts
261 upvotes
Any chance of Walmart or TMS price matching?
Mar 12, 2009
330 posts
208 upvotes
Toronto
jtplayte wrote: Any chance of Walmart or TMS price matching?
I doubt it but you can try. Anyone tried this?
Deal Expert
Mar 1, 2008
19150 posts
9079 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
No need to wait 90 days to cancel. There's no more clawback with Koodo!

I'm just sad I cannot root the Canadian variant of the LG G5, otherwise I'd be all over this.
RFD is love. RFD is life.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3673 posts
4140 upvotes
geokilla wrote: No need to wait 90 days to cancel. There's no more clawback with Koodo!

I'm just sad I cannot root the Canadian variant of the LG G5, otherwise I'd be all over this.
Are you sure about the clawback rule? Anything to support this?
Stay strong, situation always looks harder and that it will never end when you are in the middle of it, but remember past experiences, everything has an ending.
Deal Expert
Mar 1, 2008
19150 posts
9079 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
fudge_u wrote: It's Wow Mobile that hands out the gift card. They can claw back the gift cards if you don't stick around for 90 days.
They don't. They apply the gift card to the up front phone costs and then you deal with Koodo the rest of the way.
RFD is love. RFD is life.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2005
2449 posts
1639 upvotes
Montreal
Bedboi wrote: In general theres always a few people that has issues with their lg g phones and their displeasure is quite strong. Over the top. Any time i see people disliking LG G phones on rfd, i see very few who are happy with theirs say something positive about their experience except me and @SickBeast , and now you

Started using lg g phones from nexus 4, 5, g3 (beastly 2nd best to date in my opinion), g4, g5 (beastly best to date). Never had any issues. Ive also used a bunch of others but mainly samsung s2, s4, s5, note4. They're all slow as sh1t compared to lg g line. Unless lg g really hits the shitter, i wouldnt trade it for anything else except another google phone.

And this is a solid deal. If only koodo didnt jack up their plans.
I loved the LG G4, when it wasn't dropping dead or bootlooping randomly. But I went through 5 of them. I've never had to return or exchange any other phone, ever.
Best Deals: Star Alliance Silver without even flying= FREE
Telus CAN/USA Unlimited, CID/VM/SMS 25gb $25/month
Electrolux 527 Washer $300
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2008
1754 posts
493 upvotes
Got the G4 through these guys. Had a simcard issue within a month of purchase that the reps couldn't solve even. So rma and got it fixed week late. Ram management is horrible and it's the first phone I've seen that lags so much at times over Bluetooth that it speeds up my music to synchronize. Pretty hilarious actually. But it was at a cheap price and the camera is pretty great so I can't complain too much. Was a good temporary phone for me.

Sis bought the G5 through wow mobile as well and after a few months it failed to recognize the sim card too. This time it needed to be wiped twice to be fixed which was a hassle but nonetheless it worked. It's a decent phone tho. The wide angle camera is pretty underrated. Personally I prefer it over the 2x optical zoom.

However, these issues are akin to what I experienced with the unreliable older nexus lineup including the nexus 4 and 5. Can't speak about all the newer ones but the 6p had a wide scale issue too.

Never had these issues with any of my Samsung note phones. Coincidence? maybe, I don't know but I think I'm going to stick with those from now onwards. Can't really trust LG.

Either that or the new pixel xl2 (despite it being from LG --the Google software helps convince me a bit) or just jump ship to iPhone. My 20cents.
Feb 25, 2015
531 posts
295 upvotes
Montreal, QC
The topic should be transferred to expired section.
G5 with koodo does not exist anymore at any wow boutique in Canada.
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2012
3526 posts
1871 upvotes
GTA
Is the GC only for G5 or any phone?
I love RFD! :)
Deal Fanatic
May 5, 2007
5834 posts
1677 upvotes
Amandawu0509 wrote: I do not think wow has stock in Ontario.
When I was buying my g5 a month ago there was only 1 in stock in southern ontario for wow. A few days later I got the phone from TMS for a better deal anyways.
Jun 19, 2011
243 posts
67 upvotes
CAMBRIDGE
Recall in another thread on LD about iPhone 6 that they substituted Koodo with Telus ones.

Do they do that on G5?
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2011
2596 posts
2946 upvotes
Calgary
Deal is dead.
Rule No.1 here: Buy first, Think afterwards.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)