Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Always] WOW ---- New and used cars from US up to 30% cheaper - Read post #1

Poll: Are Canadian cars overpriced

• Total votes: 335. You have voted on this poll.
I have no voice, Canadian Dealers/Manufacturers are taking advantage of the Canadian consumer

33%
In most cases, new cars purchased in the US are almost always thousands cheaper

44%
I owe no one a living, competition is good. Thank you NAFTA!

18%
With the exchange rate factored in, Canadian prices are roughly the same

2%
With the exchange rate and financing, Canadian prices are cheaper - Buy Canadian!

2%

Poll ended at Dec 28th, 2006 1:46 pm

Oct 9, 2007
14 posts
A lot of posts - yes - searching them all is time consuming as hell. Is there a way to search one post 0- there are 1000s of pgs
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2008
7781 posts
200 upvotes
ggobble wrote:
Aug 15th, 2008 2:36 pm
A lot of posts - yes - searching them all is time consuming as hell. Is there a way to search one post 0- there are 1000s of pgs
use the "Search this thread" option at the top-left....type in nissan and will give you all the post that mention it.
Dec 19, 2006
2 posts
sienna owner wrote:
Aug 15th, 2008 2:30 pm
depends on the dealer requirements....got a Sienna using only a relative's address...did not have to use anything else that was US...DRL, SIN, insurance, American Bank Draft, etc....unlike my inlaw that had to provide all that for Buick Enclave.
How much did you inlaw pay for the Enclave? I am interested in this SUV also, could you please share the dealer info?

Thanks,
Jul 23, 2003
829 posts
4 upvotes
Lindsay
sienna owner wrote:
Aug 15th, 2008 2:30 pm
depends on the dealer requirements....got a Sienna using only a relative's address...did not have to use anything else that was US...DRL, SIN, insurance, American Bank Draft, etc....unlike my inlaw that had to provide all that for Buick Enclave.

I understand that..I was referring to several Nissan dealers I spoke with last week in various regions..they were very consistent..
RFD importer of 2007 Nissan Maxima..savings of 14k
Jul 24, 2007
545 posts
1 upvote
Hi Johnsa,
How's your Maxima doing? Anyway, I was conversing with my salesperson today and she gave me the purchase price of the car as I priced it according to their internet price. Indeed, she gave me the internet pricing with no conditions at all. I purchased from them last year and no condition of having it being plated in Maryland (don't know if a Maryland temp tag can be considered plating in MD).
johnsa wrote:
Aug 15th, 2008 8:48 am
Nice deals but I am afraid that if you call the dealer you will discover that you cannot get that price unless you register it in the US..It includes rebates which Nissan dealers ACCROSS THE US can only give to someone inthe lower 48. I have tried to get a 2008 Quest at prices as low as 15,900 (vs 31k here) and no dealers can give the 10k+ in rebates...GOOD LUCK, though..
Dec 21, 2007
5 posts
Richmond Hill
Hey guys, I have a couple questions for you.

1) What's sales tax in California, Texas and Florida?
2) Do I have to pay PST on Canada/USA border if I buy an used car in US?
3) Does Canadian Government return some of the taxes paid them after exporting a car into Canada?

Thank you guys in advance for your help, I really appreciate it.
Jul 23, 2003
829 posts
4 upvotes
Lindsay
diigii wrote:
Aug 15th, 2008 10:34 pm
Hi Johnsa,
How's your Maxima doing? Anyway, I was conversing with my salesperson today and she gave me the purchase price of the car as I priced it according to their internet price. Indeed, she gave me the internet pricing with no conditions at all. I purchased from them last year and no condition of having it being plated in Maryland (don't know if a Maryland temp tag can be considered plating in MD).

Thats great that they are going to give you their internet price, which is very decent...just unfortunate that those prices are still several thousand above what some dealers are advertising...ie 10000 off Nissan Quest MSRP and 15000 off Titan LE 4x4....good luck...

Maxima is great..only 5700 miles after 12 mths....just wish I could replace our 06 Quest which comes off lease next yr..have seen the S model as low as 15,800....your Maryland dealer is a few thousand above that on their site..
RFD importer of 2007 Nissan Maxima..savings of 14k
Nov 28, 2007
173 posts
8 upvotes
Kelowna
I just received the following email from a Dealership in Oregon. Looks like Mazda is doing some interesting pricing.

Anyway if you want the contact information, PM me giving me a legitimate Canadian email address - not google or yahoo, and I will supply the information.

"Hello .........,
Just a quick note to ask if you are still interested in a new Mazda CX9? We have a great selection and there are now aggressive incentives from Mazda that were not available earlier in the summer. For example: We have a well-equipped CX9 Sport All Wheel Drive that originally stickered for $32,350 now on sale for $25,245. If you prefer a higher optioned CX9 we also have a Grand Touring Model (top of the line) with 277 watt 10 speaker Bose surround sound, 6 disk in dash changer, leather, and moonroof; original sticker was $37,010...it is now available at $31,150. If you're still in the market for a new car, I would appreciate the opportunity to earn your business. Please contact me if you have questions..."
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2003
2844 posts
25 upvotes
rjmbc wrote:
Aug 16th, 2008 8:17 pm
I just received the following email from a Dealership in Oregon. Looks like Mazda is doing some interesting pricing.

Anyway if you want the contact information, PM me giving me a legitimate Canadian email address - not google or yahoo, and I will supply the information.

"Hello .........,
Just a quick note to ask if you are still interested in a new Mazda CX9? We have a great selection and there are now aggressive incentives from Mazda that were not available earlier in the summer. For example: We have a well-equipped CX9 Sport All Wheel Drive that originally stickered for $32,350 now on sale for $25,245. If you prefer a higher optioned CX9 we also have a Grand Touring Model (top of the line) with 277 watt 10 speaker Bose surround sound, 6 disk in dash changer, leather, and moonroof; original sticker was $37,010...it is now available at $31,150. If you're still in the market for a new car, I would appreciate the opportunity to earn your business. Please contact me if you have questions..."
I imported a fully loaded 08 CX7 GT AWD for 23k USD back in march. My total price was 28k Taxes/fees in. It had 5k miles. Couldnt find anyone to sell me new. thats decent for the cx9, but still better deals in the US especially on slightly used, but with the dollar at .94 maybe a little closer. im glad i bought when the Canadian dollar was at 1.01 USD.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2006
2767 posts
425 upvotes
Btw - the absurd "no more than 6-days from the bill of sale date" rule is still in effect in Ontario even with this new 10-day "Special Permit" classification for out-of-province vehicles. MTO really needs to get its head out its a%% on this one as they make no mention of this on the webpage. YMMV though at some of the private issuing offices. (I guess the MTO is encouraging Ontarians to "revise" their bills of sale instead of allowing them to do things legally).
Aug 17, 2008
2 posts
I have been following this thread for quite some time now and it actually convinced me to look south for our next car. I've been shopping for a few months now and I found some pretty good deals in Florida, but not elsewhere? US prices are lower than CAD ones but deals in Florida are just insane. I was wondering if someone would know why this is? Living in the Montreal area I would obviously prefer to do business with a dealer close to the border but if I can save even more $$$ by going further south, I will. Check out those links :

http://display.tcpalm.com/ROP/Subcat.aspx?cat=6941

http://marketplace.tbo.com/ROP/Subcat.a ... ubcat=9599

http://newspaperads.miami.com/ROP/Subca ... e=ROP_TEXT

http://shopping.news-journalonline.com/ ... ubcat=3379

Does anyone have the same kind of links for states close to the border ( like Vermont, NY or New Hampshire )?

Thanks.
Oct 28, 2007
297 posts
24 upvotes
Just in case someone is interested in a GM, they will be offering employee pricing to everyone starting August 20.

For example the H3 can be had starting at 22k.

Got it from Slickdeals.net
Aug 12, 2007
528 posts
3 upvotes
Stetson717 wrote:
Aug 18th, 2008 6:30 pm
Just in case someone is interested in a GM, they will be offering employee pricing to everyone starting August 20.

For example the H3 can be had starting at 22k.

Got it from Slickdeals.net
only in the USA?
pity
A Saab would be nice CAD 29999-minus employee discount of ?few thousands+72 months 0% financing= cheaper price than an accord or camry?
Jan 20, 2005
1 posts
it is a daylight robbery by toyota Canada

check out
http://www.fitzmall.com/Fitzway/carfind ... p?MODE=NEW
assign values and check out pricing for a 2008 Sienna LE EVP #2

unfortunately, being from canada the sales people from fitzmall dont like to sell new sienna 2008 LE 8 evp 2 $23,142 to canadians

the price of a 2008 Sienna Le with matching specs is $36,550 in toronto

quite a steep price to pay for a few daytime running lights , and some odometer stickers...!!!!

please pm or post names of direct dealers in bufallo /NY/ niagara falls area who would sell to Canadians