Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Always] WOW ---- New and used cars from US up to 30% cheaper - Read post #1

Poll: Are Canadian cars overpriced

• Total votes: 335. You have voted on this poll.
I have no voice, Canadian Dealers/Manufacturers are taking advantage of the Canadian consumer

33%
In most cases, new cars purchased in the US are almost always thousands cheaper

44%
I owe no one a living, competition is good. Thank you NAFTA!

18%
With the exchange rate factored in, Canadian prices are roughly the same

2%
With the exchange rate and financing, Canadian prices are cheaper - Buy Canadian!

2%

Poll ended at Dec 28th, 2006 1:46 pm

Feb 12, 2006
655 posts
63 upvotes
bruceferns wrote:
Aug 21st, 2008 2:33 pm
Thanks Lonewolf, I have emailed them lets see what happens, I am crossing my fingers.

Does anyone know if a Toyota used car warranty is transferred over?

Bruce
Yes the warranty does transfer over without any issues.
Nov 9, 2007
267 posts
1 upvote
Edmonton
bruceferns wrote:
Aug 21st, 2008 2:33 pm
Thanks Lonewolf, I have emailed them lets see what happens, I am crossing my fingers.

Does anyone know if a Toyota used car warranty is transferred over?

Bruce
Original warranty does transfer over.

CPO warranty does not transfer over.

Extended warranty bought at Toyota dealer does transfer over.
Apr 20, 2006
89 posts
16 upvotes
Lonewolf1 wrote:
Aug 21st, 2008 10:37 am
try these guys for a Toyota

http://www.toyotakeene.com/canadian.htm
Thanks for the site lonewolf.

This dealership does sell to Canadians, I am still trying to work something out so that I do not pay close to MSRP. I mean they realize that no one else is selling and hence I guess they are probably sticklers to their price.

Still talking lets see how it goes. If anyone else has purchased a Toyota from the states in recent months, please post the dealership or IM their information to me. I am willing to go further south if the pricepoint is attractive.

Regards,

Bruce
Oct 14, 2007
109 posts
Pierrefonds, Quebec
Don't forget to mention CarsWithoutBorders, when dealing with the folks at Keene, they will give you a $50 Gas Coupon as part of any sale! It might not be much but it all adds up in the end.
bruceferns wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2008 7:47 am
Thanks for the site lonewolf.

This dealership does sell to Canadians, I am still trying to work something out so that I do not pay close to MSRP. I mean they realize that no one else is selling and hence I guess they are probably sticklers to their price.

Still talking lets see how it goes. If anyone else has purchased a Toyota from the states in recent months, please post the dealership or IM their information to me. I am willing to go further south if the pricepoint is attractive.

Regards,

Bruce
Standing Up for Consumers / Fair Automobile Pricing For Canadians
Please visit our site, sign our petition advocating Fair Pricing For Canadians, keep up with the latest import news, join our forum and team of members located all across Canada and 123 countries. All for free.
CarsWithoutBorders.com
http://www.carswithoutborders.com/CWBlogowithwords.jpg
Oct 24, 2001
700 posts
21 upvotes
Edmonton
Hi all, been following this thread for awhile and I've got a situation where I'm getting a new car shipped from California to Montana (Sweetgrass) so I can pick it up. I've got the Original Cert of Ownership, Bill of Sale and Odometer Declaration. The the California dealer, however, won't issue me a temporary permit and I called Montana's DMV and they won't issue one either because I'm not a US/Montana resident.

Is it ok to transport the car to the border with just those documents? I'll of course setup insurance.

I've heard all you need is the MCO... do they even check for your permit at the border? (either side)
Jun 24, 2003
51 posts
4 upvotes
I was in similar situation, I got my car delivery at Detroit Border and then got it towed from a Windsor towing company. Cost me $280 to tow from detroit to windsor about 3 hrs. of work.
Nov 28, 2007
173 posts
8 upvotes
Kelowna
Does anyone know why this page is now "blank"? Looks like it happened a couple of days ago.
Oct 15, 2007
120 posts
2 upvotes
rjmbc wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2008 6:49 pm
Does anyone know why this page is now "blank"? Looks like it happened a couple of days ago.
I think it was getting a DOS..

quote:

"There have been continued attacks on this web page from spammers so I have temporarily protected the home page and other pages from being edited by unregistered users. If you spot something that needs correcting, I can be reached via the monster auto importing thread at www.redflagdeals.com "

Probably the Car Dealers of North America financed... :)
Jan 8, 2008
704 posts
34 upvotes
Calgary
zulu888 wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2008 5:54 pm
Hi all, been following this thread for awhile and I've got a situation where I'm getting a new car shipped from California to Montana (Sweetgrass) so I can pick it up. I've got the Original Cert of Ownership, Bill of Sale and Odometer Declaration. The the California dealer, however, won't issue me a temporary permit and I called Montana's DMV and they won't issue one either because I'm not a US/Montana resident.

Is it ok to transport the car to the border with just those documents? I'll of course setup insurance.

I've heard all you need is the MCO... do they even check for your permit at the border? (either side)
If you have insurance and a copy of the invoice you should be able to get an in transit permit for the vehicle in Alberta. It will only be good from Coutts/Sweetgrass until Edmonton, but it will do the trick. I believe the price is $25.
Apr 20, 2006
89 posts
16 upvotes
PMREdmonton wrote:
Aug 21st, 2008 6:15 pm
Original warranty does transfer over.

CPO warranty does not transfer over.

Extended warranty bought at Toyota dealer does transfer over.
CPO=?
Dec 10, 2007
80 posts
Mississauga
I called BMW and Audi
and both companies said that any Canadian wishing to purchase Brand New BMW/AUDI care are welcome to do so south of the Border. Last November the BMW bastards said it wasn't cool... now they say it is ok..

When i pressed the guy from BMW about why we need to replace the instrument cluster on a 3-Series, he had no answer for me. The American cluster has both KM and MIles on it, in big fonts... so why is there a need to change them?

Also, when i called a canadian BMW dealer about the instrument cluster he was less than helpful :) he acted like a POS.... was bragging that even though BMW Canada has no rules in place, no BMW USA dealer will sell a brand new car to a Canadian... hmmm collusion? Someone needs to get their asses sued...

I'm so tired of these bastards........ i hope the greed chokes in their throats. :)
Nov 18, 2007
122 posts
3 upvotes
Windsor
shienh wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2008 6:09 pm
I was in similar situation, I got my car delivery at Detroit Border and then got it towed from a Windsor towing company. Cost me $280 to tow from detroit to windsor about 3 hrs. of work.
Why? I had my Audi delivered from IL to MI, and picked it up at a Detroit truckstop, drove it over. only paid to have it shipped from IL.
Nov 18, 2007
122 posts
3 upvotes
Windsor
Cars4Canadians wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2008 8:54 pm
I called BMW and Audi
and both companies said that any Canadian wishing to purchase Brand New BMW/AUDI care are welcome to do so south of the Border. Last November the BMW bastards said it wasn't cool... now they say it is ok..

When i pressed the guy from BMW about why we need to replace the instrument cluster on a 3-Series, he had no answer for me. The American cluster has both KM and MIles on it, in big fonts... so why is there a need to change them?

Also, when i called a canadian BMW dealer about the instrument cluster he was less than helpful :) he acted like a POS.... was bragging that even though BMW Canada has no rules in place, no BMW USA dealer will sell a brand new car to a Canadian... hmmm collusion? Someone needs to get their asses sued...

I'm so tired of these bastards........ i hope the greed chokes in their throats. :)
Agree on the need for a suit. Biggest problem with BMW is getting recall letter - for that you will need to spenf mucho $$ at a Canadian dealer. Feds need to keep relaxing rules to prevent this highway robbery.
Jun 24, 2007
138 posts
Zach @ Eastside Suba…
Lost Horizon wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2008 6:57 pm
I think it was getting a DOS..

quote:

"There have been continued attacks on this web page from spammers so I have temporarily protected the home page and other pages from being edited by unregistered users. If you spot something that needs correcting, I can be reached via the monster auto importing thread at www.redflagdeals.com "

Probably the Car Dealers of North America financed... :)
Have not been DOS'ed, but the spammers keep coming to the site and editing pages. I think it is just computer robots, I am not sure how to block them 100% but I did put a captcha system on there so if anybody tries to add an external link, they will have to enter the characters from an image and prove they are a real person.
Unfortunately I work ~55 hours a week but if anybody notices any spam or weird stuff going on, you can PM me here(I can't keep up with the thread) and I'll immediately get it taken care of. :)