Off Topic

Wow...a US school is much more dangerous than Sweden?? Is all of US a no go area?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 7th, 2018 12:05 am
[OP]
Banned
Dec 22, 2017
322 posts
130 upvotes

Wow...a US school is much more dangerous than Sweden?? Is all of US a no go area?

Looked at the states endless school shootings and looked at Sweden and how is Sweden with all those no go areas but the chance of dying is much higher in the states and much more dangerous?

US has higher per capita crime in all categories especially kids dying in schools too?

How is this possible?

http://www.nationmaster.com/country-inf ... ates/Crime

https://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/a/WP ... n-4-charts

https://www.thelocal.se/20171130/americ ... -in-sweden
I'm often asked why we have made the conscious decision not to live in the United States. Most people laugh at the first answer I generally give, which involves a certain person currently residing in a large white house in Washington, D.C. The laughter always stops when I give my second reason: I already worry enough about my children that I don't want to live in fear that they will be gunned down in a mass shooting, at school or anywhere else.

The mass shooting on everyone's mind right now is probably the one in Las Vegas on October 1st that killed 58 people and injured nearly 500. Justifiably so. But as a parent – as well as the wife of a teacher – I am always particularly distressed when I hear of school shootings in my native country. The fourth-deadliest mass shooting in modern American history took place in 2012 at an elementary school in Connecticut, where 20 six- and seven-year-old children and six school employees were massacred. Not to mention the countless other instances – averaging almost one a week – at schools of all levels that systematically kill, injure and traumatize children, young people, and educators.

My heart already skips a beat when I get a call from my children's school. Are they injured? Sick? Did my three-year-old escape again to play in the snow with no coat or boots? The last thing I want to add to that list is the worry that there is an "active shooter" situation at or near my children's school. Or worse. Just recently, a Facebook friend in America posted about just such a situation at her child's school. On a visit to the U.S., another friend's child told me how her school was locked down that day because a kid was flashing what turned out to be a fake gun. Neither one of these incidents occurred in a "bad area."

That said, "bad areas" are relative. Technically, my entire home state of Texas is a "bad area" for mass shootings. As a recent article pointed out, Texas lags only slightly behind Nevada in the number of victims of mass shootings to-date in 2017. The most recent major mass-shooting occurred in Texas, when 26 people were gunned down in a church. One of the earliest mass shootings I was fully aware of took place in Texas in 1991, when 23 people were slain and 27 injured in a restaurant. That same year, a boy in my high school took a gun to school and hid it in his locker before shooting himself in front of his class.
14 replies
Banned
Aug 22, 2017
248 posts
65 upvotes
Anti-social culture
Self-centeredness
Selfishness
Lack of discipline
Lack of respect
Hollywood promotes violence as a solution
People are nasty bullies to one another
A culture of hate - which I see too much of here

+ Rap music (anti-social and misogynistic themes)

all the result of cultural engineering over the last 20 years
Everyone "hates" traditional / conservative culture but now we live in the results of progressivism and moral relativism.
- if we had at least 25% of the old culture of respect this would not happen

That is how it is possible
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
22866 posts
2696 upvotes
Montreal
elcheapoh wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2018 5:44 pm
+ Rap music (anti-social and misogynistic themes)
Ahhh... the classics. Grew up on the stuff:

Compton: the original no-go area
Last edited by MrDisco on Mar 3rd, 2018 5:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: language
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2015
1195 posts
939 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
I blame the western society, the nasty rap music, the new styles, the vulgar music, stupid apps. Canada is getting worse too. The younger generations are getting out of control especially the women. Blame the media nothing more.
😎Thanks RFD😎
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2007
13123 posts
1665 upvotes
blackbirdman wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2018 6:03 pm
I blame the western society, the nasty rap music, the new styles, the vulgar music, stupid apps. Canada is getting worse too. The younger generations are getting out of control especially the women. Blame the media nothing more.
Sorry..the media has nothing to do with it..but your parents..or lack of.
Banned
Aug 22, 2017
248 posts
65 upvotes
Media = TV + Music + Movies + Literature
The media shapes the culture and promotes what is good or bad, acceptable or unacceptable.
The media is a propaganda machine.

It is difficult to blame parents because they are no longer allowed to discipline their children.
And many parents are bad role models because they too are victims of the media.
.... and too stupid to know any better
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2015
1195 posts
939 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
eldiablo wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2018 6:08 pm
Sorry..the media has nothing to do with it..but your parents..or lack of.
Sorry this is wrong. I grew up with a single parent who totally neglected me most of the time for 15 years of my life, but I still followed the rules and went to school and didn't do anything bad, never been suspended, never been in a fight etc.. I grew up without cable half the time so media didn't affect me much. And my friends at school were good company and some nerdy. So it is 100% true media and your peers will have big affect on you. Parents can also, but it depends.
😎Thanks RFD😎
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2015
1195 posts
939 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
elcheapoh wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2018 6:33 pm
Media = TV + Music + Movies + Literature
The media shapes the culture and promotes what is good or bad, acceptable or unacceptable.
The media is a propaganda machine.

It is difficult to blame parents because they are no longer allowed to discipline their children.
And many parents are bad role models because they too are victims of the media.
.... and too stupid to know any better
This, my ex gf used to be a saint when we were dating and she had strict parents, once she hit 18 oh man, she started drinking, smoking weed and partying all weekends, and shes a major media follower, has like every social app. This generation now thinks its cool to do and act like what is portrayed in western media, nothing else to it tbh.
😎Thanks RFD😎
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2015
1195 posts
939 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Racist or not, this is definitely true also, whether you like to hear it or not.
Last edited by Redmask on Mar 3rd, 2018 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removing nested quote.
😎Thanks RFD😎
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2013
5485 posts
2058 upvotes
redflagdeals.com
Camden, New Jersey is a no-go area. There was a big commotion when Subaru announced they were moving their American headquarters to Camden (made possible by state incentives), only a few miles away from the current headquarters in Cherry Hill. Employees were publicly protesting the move, saying that Camden is too dangerous for them.

"The most dangerous town in America": http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -year.html

"Can tax breaks for big corporations turn around one of America’s most dangerous cities?" : https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sto ... be3d3ae041
A wise RFD'er once said, "Buy now, think later."
I like wearing tinfoil hats.

¯\_(-.-)_/¯

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ "Behold!"
[OP]
Banned
Dec 22, 2017
322 posts
130 upvotes
Wow....what's with the US...no wonder whole country even schools are a no go area it seems

https://www.dailydot.com/irl/south-cumb ... ing-mural/

Regardless of who is being lynched in mural, they teach kids to lynch kids from rival school?
After months of inaction, a Tennessee elementary school has finally removed its gymnasium murals depicting the Confederate flag and, more disturbingly, a lynching.

According to CNN, South Cumberland Elementary School in Tennessee, 100 miles east of Nashville, removed a gym mural of a man in red holding a Confederate flag with a white man in blue hanging from a rope attached to a tree. While the mural was “intended to depict an athletic team rivalry,” the imagery is a clear reminder of how Black people were enslaved and killed in this country.
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
22866 posts
2696 upvotes
Montreal
I love blood and guts as much as the next guy, but this is a bit harsh for grade school:

Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2009
13794 posts
1304 upvotes
It's cuz of rap music. You can see in this photo the blue and red, classic symbol of Bloods and Cripps. This picture is the glorification of gang violence.
mr_raider wrote:
Mar 6th, 2018 8:11 pm
I love blood and guts as much as the next guy, but this is a bit harsh for grade school:

In a perfect system, corporations would fear the government and the government would fear the people. - David Wong

Check out caRpetbomBer's picks in this thread.