Expired Freebies

[Wowair] Free flight to Iceland from YUL or YYZ if your first or last name is Valentin or Valentine

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 9th, 2019 6:47 am
[OP]
Mar 22, 2005
665 posts
746 upvotes
Québec,Qc

Free flight to Iceland from YUL or YYZ if your first or last name is Valentin or Valentine

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Wowair
WOW air, Iceland’s only low cost airline, is spreading the love this Valentine’s Day by allowing any Canadian named ‘Valentine’ or ‘Valentin’ the chance to gift their loved one a free ticket to Iceland.

Iceland is the perfect winter getaway destination with an abundance of activities for loved-up couples to enjoy. The dark night skies of February are a perfect time to spot the Northern Lights, swim in the hot springs, and discover the romantic charm of the country’s natural landscapes.

The offer is valid on bookings made between 24 January and 14 February 2019, for travel between 10 – 19 February 2019 from Toronto or Montreal.To redeem the offer, passengers named ‘Valentine’ or ‘Valentin’ must send a picture of their passport and booking reference to valentines@wow.is

Travellers who don’t have a name quite so special can still enjoy special fares this season, with WOW air offering flights from as low as CAD $99 to Iceland and CAD $149 to Dublin, London, Berlin, Frankfurt and Brussels, for travel between February and May 2019.

Disclaimer

Valentine offer valid only for passengers with the first or last name ‘Valentine’ or ‘Valentin’, when booking return flights via wowair.ca within the dates listed in the offer. Middle names are not eligible and spelling variations will not be accepted. The booking must include an outbound and return flight for at least two passengers. One-way trips are not eligible. Only one passenger ticket will be refunded; additional services purchased will not be included in the refund. The destination of the outbound flight must be to Iceland (KEF), and the departure airport must be either Lester B. Pearson International Airport (YYZ) or Montréal-Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport (YUL). The ticket for the plus one will be refunded to the same credit card that the booking was paid with. Please note that it will take five to seven business days for the refund to reflect on the card.

https://fr.wowair.ca/offre/valentin/ I was only able to find the link in french
11 replies
[OP]
Mar 22, 2005
665 posts
746 upvotes
Québec,Qc
Paroxetine wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2019 3:07 pm
That's more like a BOGO offer
Humm.. yeah you are right. Guess you can't just send your Partner away and get free time alone..

Should be in in "Not so warm Deal" … My bad
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2006
2147 posts
411 upvotes
so less than 0.02% chances 1 american has valantine as a lastname (probably less in canada) - valantin doesn't even show up on top 1000
out of this small % they need to be aware of the promo, have the $ to go and free time on the next 2 month w short notice for a trip
2 go to a beautiful but VERY expensive country
imagine the promo was for smith, see comparison below
and somehow chan rates slightly under... but i met many mr. chan and 0 mr. valentine, weird eh?

Surname Approximate Number % Frequency Rank
SMITH 2,501,922 1.006 1
VALENTINE 39,792 0.016 751
CHAN 39,792 0.016 764

Top 1000 most common lastnames in US
For sale threads:
GCs / Coins
Cloth / Phones/
Deal Fanatic
Jun 18, 2012
8008 posts
3173 upvotes
Toronto
Message them on Facebook to let them know
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1381 posts
760 upvotes
Fire the marketing department team that came up with this promo
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2008
2119 posts
1046 upvotes
Richmond Hill
How much does it cost to change your last name?

Change both to Valentine and gift each other.

Also, there was or maybe still is a host on BT who is named Jennifer Valentine. Quick, someone tweek her about this deal!
:D
Banned
Sep 25, 2018
29 posts
9 upvotes
Moon
For RFDers: hurry to update your name and expect to receive your new passport before 14 February 2019.
I hit the CTRL key, but I'm still not in control!
Oct 17, 2012
575 posts
430 upvotes
Vancouver
Name change fees associated with all your documents and paperwork (not to mention the time associated with redoing all your credit cards, and anything else)... you're better off buying the flights
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
1980 posts
1589 upvotes
SAINT JOHN
moulamou wrote:
Jan 25th, 2019 8:35 am
How much does it cost to change your last name?

Change both to Valentine and gift each other.

Also, there was or maybe still is a host on BT who is named Jennifer Valentine. Quick, someone tweek her about this deal!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jennifer_Valentyne

Maybe she could go to service canada and see if she can get the 'y' changed to an 'i'.

Unfortunately the airline won't take any ther variations of the name.
...Location: GTA North

If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.

GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread

[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100). Please let me know if you have one for sale. Willing to part trade stuff or labour.