Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Wowmobile (koodo)

Samsung S8 Medium tab ($360+tax - $150)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 15th, 2018 7:30 pm
Dec 4, 2013
899 posts
464 upvotes
WestGTA
superxxxstud wrote: What is a Koodo?
Father of PublicMobile and a son of Telus . El Salvador being the only sibling he had.
RIP el Salvador
Nov 10, 2013
259 posts
228 upvotes
torontotim wrote: Near as I can tell as a Koodo customer on a Medium tab right now, I can get the S8 for $360 on my tab and get $100 in bill credits taking my price to $260 + tax.

Capture2.PNG
Pretty sure it’s 360 +tax - 100 so difference of 13 bucks
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2004
6348 posts
1610 upvotes
I would wait for boxing day. They might have the S9 for 0 with 150gc again
Aug 11, 2017
562 posts
351 upvotes
With all the Koodo deals this year, what has been the best deal all year for phones? The bf iPhone deal?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7774 posts
1646 upvotes
Toronto
Landon99 wrote: With all the Koodo deals this year, what has been the best deal all year for phones? The bf iPhone deal?
The problem with the "best" Koodo deals is than it's hit and miss as to which offers you get. Not everyone qualifies for the really good deals, which is really annoying if you're not "selected".
Aug 11, 2017
562 posts
351 upvotes
Inno wrote: The problem with the "best" Koodo deals is than it's hit and miss as to which offers you get. Not everyone qualifies for the really good deals, which is really annoying if you're not "selected".
So true. I guess excluding ymmv, which one was the best?
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2012
1296 posts
1047 upvotes
Toronto
Landon99 wrote: With all the Koodo deals this year, what has been the best deal all year for phones? The bf iPhone deal?
Iphone8 on medium tab(360$) -$100 gc @ walmart. Effectively around $300 for a phone that retails at $900 and can easily be sold for $650 in a heartbeat.
Mar 24, 2004
533 posts
64 upvotes
Brampton
Josecc wrote: Iphone8 on medium tab(360$) -$100 gc @ walmart. Effectively around $300 for a phone that retails at $900 and can easily be sold for $650 in a heartbeat.
That "was" the best iphone deal? Or, it's still available now?
Dec 26, 2004
710 posts
138 upvotes
Toronto
Wow...okay. I was asking Sempiternal about the deal that he/she was mentioning, kind of like a conversation... but thanks for your help. I'll start researching on how to improve my research skills. :-) Yes, I am aware of porting.
isgaard wrote: Please stop asking this stupid question and do some research.

You can cancel immediately by porting out or calling the customer service, you can even do it right after you walk out the store with the phone. Immediate cancellation means you lose out on the bill credit and the referral credit (not to be confused with prepaid credit card upfront offer, which you get to keep and pay off the tab).

I've always used the porting out method because I do not want to give any reason for the cancellation department to note on my account on why I'm cancelling. If you don't know what porting out means, please do some research. K? Thanks.
Jan 18, 2016
742 posts
831 upvotes
Waterloo
iPhone 8 at bestbuy on BF with medium tab ($360) and 150 GC both upgrade and New activation, I guess is the best deal of the year till now considering you want to keep a good phone otherwise Iphone 6 with Walmart $375 GC at small tab ($240) during BTS was best value deal. And Huawei P20 at $70 Tab (price error) was the best limited time deal.

And yes they are past deals..gone!! Watch out for BD.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2012
1296 posts
1047 upvotes
Toronto
Watson wrote: That "was" the best iphone deal? Or, it's still available now?
Was, pretty sure it was sold out within a day or 2.
Nov 7, 2008
169 posts
54 upvotes
Calgary
Wow also gives credit towards over-prices accessories...
Aug 27, 2014
639 posts
397 upvotes
isgaard wrote: Please stop asking this stupid question and do some research.

You can cancel immediately by porting out or calling the customer service, you can even do it right after you walk out the store with the phone. Immediate cancellation means you lose out on the bill credit and the referral credit (not to be confused with prepaid credit card upfront offer, which you get to keep and pay off the tab).

I've always used the porting out method because I do not want to give any reason for the cancellation department to note on my account on why I'm cancelling. If you don't know what porting out means, please do some research. K? Thanks.
I know what porting out means, but are you saying that if I simply port out the number to a voip service, my account will be auto-cancelled and Koodo will simply mail the bill?

I've never had a non-prepaid cellphone account before.
Aug 24, 2014
225 posts
243 upvotes
LuxErus wrote: I know what porting out means, but are you saying that if I simply port out the number to a voip service, my account will be auto-cancelled and Koodo will simply mail the bill?

I've never had a non-prepaid cellphone account before.
I never tried porting out to a voip service myself, but I always ported to dummy Bell prepaid phone number and Koodo account was always auto-cancelled with remaining tab balance + 1-2day usage.
Jan 21, 2007
571 posts
306 upvotes
Toronto
I got this today. Paid $0 and got the $150. Cancelled and paid the balance of $406.80. Thanks OP - mom needed a phone for Christmas!
Feb 19, 2017
12 posts
3 upvotes
lovethesales wrote: I got this today. Paid $0 and got the $150. Cancelled and paid the balance of $406.80. Thanks OP - mom needed a phone for Christmas!
What reason do you give for cancellation?
Jan 5, 2007
216 posts
63 upvotes
I know Wow gives $50 if you trade in an old phone. Does the phone have to be working? I am asking because I have an old Samsung with a cracked screen I want to trade in.
Banned
Nov 19, 2018
50 posts
44 upvotes
shayne85 wrote: The $150 bill credit was only for current customers looking to upgrade and stay with Koodo.

New customers could not and did not get the $150 bill credit on top of the $150 GC.

You’re comparing apples and oranges.
WoW Mobile did the same promotion for BF. $0 S9 with medium tab ($360 total cost).

New customers as well (my friend did it that day, he was a new customer).

This S8 deal is not hot at all...
No external links in signatures.
Dec 26, 2004
710 posts
138 upvotes
Toronto
Arthas33 wrote: WoW Mobile did the same promotion for BF. $0 S9 with medium tab ($360 total cost).

New customers as well (my friend did it that day, he was a new customer).

This S8 deal is not hot at all...
Well, I guess its a hot deal for an S8 right now... unless I have a time machine for the BF S9 deal... or a crystal ball for a boxing day S9 deal...

I too am hopeful for an S9 deal on BD.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2014
1332 posts
984 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
This looks like a great deal. How are ROM updates currently handled on phones? If I cancel the service will I still be able to update the rom? Or will I be held hostage by the carrier for updates?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)