Fashion & Beauty

Which wrist for wrist watch?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 12th, 2019 12:18 am
Tags:

Poll: Which wrist for wrist watch?

• Total votes: 55. You have voted on this poll.
Watch on left wrist, I'm right handed

69%
Watch on left wrist, I'm left handed

7%
Watch on right wrist, I'm left handed

13%
Watch on right wrist, I'm right handed

7%
Watch on left wrist, I'm ambidextrous

2%
Watch on right wrist, I'm ambidextrous

0%
I switch it up!

2%
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
4778 posts
4664 upvotes
Vancouver

Which wrist for wrist watch?

I've always worn my watch on my right wrist. I rarely see others do this, but It's always felt more comfortable there. But then I am left handed, which is probably the reason. How about you?
Last edited by Kiraly on Apr 27th, 2019 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
18% = GTA residents as a proportion of Canada's total population
97% = chance that an RFDer lives in the GTA when he posts something location specific, without giving a location

Were you hit with surprise customs/import fees on an Amazon.ca purchase?
10 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2015
4519 posts
3599 upvotes
Kiraly wrote:
Apr 27th, 2019 9:01 pm
I've always worn my watch on my right wrist. I rarely see others do this, but It's always felt more comfortable there. But then I am left handed, which is probably the reason. How about you?
Most people are right-handed and wear watches on the left hand.

You should add 2 more categories for ambidextrous people
Deal Fanatic
Apr 23, 2007
9112 posts
427 upvotes
Mississauga
Right handed, wear on right. Have always done it since I could remember. I know that my watch gets banged up more but it feel weird to wear it on the left.
RFD 36-0-0
Ebay 31-0-0
|Dance.Flirt.Music.Chill|
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
30467 posts
5010 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
XxXSnake23XxX wrote:
Apr 29th, 2019 12:58 am
Right handed, wear on right. Have always done it since I could remember. I know that my watch gets banged up more but it feel weird to wear it on the left.
It is the other way around. If you're right handed, you wear it on the left. If you're left handed, you wear it on the right
Deal Fanatic
Apr 23, 2007
9112 posts
427 upvotes
Mississauga
Gee wrote:
Apr 29th, 2019 1:00 am
It is the other way around. If you're right handed, you wear it on the left. If you're left handed, you wear it on the right
Who made such rule
RFD 36-0-0
Ebay 31-0-0
|Dance.Flirt.Music.Chill|
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
11043 posts
1723 upvotes
XxXSnake23XxX wrote:
Apr 29th, 2019 12:58 am
I'm the opposite. I'm left handed and wear it on my left (when I wore a watch... it's been years since). But yeah, one of the reasons I don't wear a watch is because of how beaten up the watch gets.

The only reason I can explain it is as a lefty, I've adapted to a right hand world more so than most lefties. I am not ambidextrous, but through out life, I was forced to do most things right handed: bat right, golf right, bowl right (yeah, that one's weird), use scissors with my right hand, etc. So wearing a watch on my left like everyone else was fine.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2009
1050 posts
344 upvotes
Left-handed here, for as long as I remember I've always worn my watch on my left.
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
5254 posts
1070 upvotes
Richmond Hill
The rule is that men wear on the left while women wears on the right
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2014
2298 posts
680 upvotes
Toronto, ON
As long as I remember, always wear on the left regardless of right-handed or not. I rarely see it on the right.