Automotive

Locked: Wrongfully failed on g1 exit test..What can I do?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 8th, 2012 6:24 pm
Tags:
None
Dec 31, 1969
GangStarr wrote: You do realize that by taking a ministry appoved driving course you get to take your test 4 months earlier as well as have an insurance discount?

I paid like $200 for my driving school, passed both G1 exit and my G2 Exit both the first time(and I did the G2 exit 1 year after, no waiting for my license to expire). The school pays for itself in driving insurance.

I know the benifits of taking a ministry approved driving course. Like I have said countless times I have taken a ministry approved drivers ed course. But it really did me no good because I had to do the exam a few times to pass. Being able to take the exit exam 4 month earlier + a insurance discount is a pretty good perk, I agree on that. Maybe I feel this way about drivers ed because I might not have been taught the right way by the instructor.

You paid $200 for your drivers ed course I paid $450 for mine.

GangStarr wrote: Thanks for giving me the heads up on the vehicles you could be driving. I will be sure to keep an eye out for you on the road and give you plenty of space.

btw, I heard all your friends will be impressed if you drive 50 km/h. Give it a try next time you see a cop around. Then you can post on RFD about how unfair the cop was and how he refused to show you the radar.[/.
Very funny fonzy. I don't need your space. And what car you gonna find me driving my Corolla or my Uplander. I drive fine on the road, I always go the speed limit, always signal, and stop at every red light as well as stop signs.
All my friends drive so whats the big deal if I could drive 50 or more. Its not a big deal. As for getting stopped by a cop, I've been stopped before and it wasn't a big deal he just saw my work van (Uplander) and wanted to know if I could do some work for him at his house.
Jul 27, 2007
4 posts
Need somewhere to vent lol

I just did my test today and failed as well. It was in the middle of a freaking thunderstorm, and he failed me because i was doing 45 in a 50 !!!

Then when i looked at the sheet he put x's in all the backing up, parking, etc. even though he didnt make me do any of it (after the 45 in 50 he took me right back, 2 minute test)

All i did was drove out onto one road and then back around into the test parking lot, he then gave me a lecture on the speed, and on 'incorrectly backing up and parking' .. which he never had me do !!

If any of you are ever doing your test in Barrie and have some prick with short blond hair test you, you may as well just go home, cuz he was clueless and failed me cuz i was driving SAFELY in the POURING rain !

Now I have to wait a whole f***ing month to do my G1 exit again, this is retarted !!!!!!!!!

O and calling them wont do ****, once the examiner has made his assesment, its set in stone (cuz the only two ppl who were witness to your test were you and him .. they are gonna believe him over you everytime).
Banned
Aug 28, 2008
528 posts
19 upvotes
sux for joo

GL next time
10 day wait.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9923 posts
1665 upvotes
IoannI wrote:

ohh yea just to add I've been driving sdince I was 13
That means you must really suck at driving.

Goodness, I just realized this is a 2 yr old post.
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2009
1297 posts
4 upvotes
Waterloo
That's odd, the rules of the road state that you drive the speed limit OR whatever the safest maximum speed is that the weather conditions allow, whichever is slower. So if you were driving slightly slower than the speed limit because it wasn't safe to drive the speed limit, I don't see how you were wrong?

Also, if the limit is 50, that is the max you can go, it doesn't say you have to go exactly 50. You can go slower as long as you're not so slow that you're impeding traffic, which I don't think 5 km/h is.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2001
3416 posts
1251 upvotes
Toronto
Turn up the wiper speed and continue to drive at 50. Driving below speed limit, indicates confidence issue to the examiner... unless the condition was really really bad.

Quiggie wrote: That's odd, the rules of the road state that you drive the speed limit OR whatever the safest maximum speed is that the weather conditions allow, whichever is slower. So if you were driving slightly slower than the speed limit because it wasn't safe to drive the speed limit, I don't see how you were wrong?

Also, if the limit is 50, that is the max you can go, it doesn't say you have to go exactly 50. You can go slower as long as you're not so slow that you're impeding traffic, which I don't think 5 km/h is.
Feb 27, 2004
807 posts
2 upvotes
Ottawa
When I took my G2 exit test, mine was one of the last ones for the day and it was obvious the guy was in a hurry. He gets in and tells me to start, without checking the turn signals/horn. I was slow to accelerate, so he kept telling me to go faster, and near the beginning told me "you're never going to pass driving like this (too cautiously)". Near the end, as we were getting to an intersection, I was going the speed limit and he told me to "try and make that light". :-0

I passed, though, and he didn't take off any marks for going too slow.
Mar 7, 2012
1 posts
STONEY CREEK
spf1971 wrote: If the light turned red while you were in the intersection then you made an illegal turn. I know people do it all the time, I do it myself but it's still illegal. Unless you can completely clear the intersection on the green light, you're not supposed to go into it.

this is just plain wrong.. aslong as you ENTER the intersection on a green light you are within legal right to finish your turn when it is safe to continue. the problem is when people enter the intersection to make a left turn on a yellow or red light because they just don't want to wait for another traffic light rotation.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2006
4253 posts
1078 upvotes
your first post is bringing back a 3 year old post...awesome. Anyways, dash cam would've been helpful for the OP.
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2011
1127 posts
53 upvotes
nx6288 wrote: your first post is bringing back a 3 year old post...awesome. Anyways, dash cam would've been helpful for the OP.

breareos quoted a post from 5 years ago. :D

5 years ago barely anyone had a smartphone, 5 years ago dash cams weren't popular. 5 years ago the dollar wasn't anywhere close to parity.
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19536 posts
2260 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
W...T...Fudge? seems you are definitely certifiable but not to drive.
IoannI wrote: Thats exactly how I feel and that what I said the first time I failed I actually used a few different scenatios. The first one involved my switch blade placing it on the dash board and giving him 3 options (1)he passe me no questions asked (2)i take the paper and pass myslef (3)the violent way. Another scenario was the one you described and the last involved taking off with him in the car and take him on the high way open his door, take his seat belt off and let him hang out of the car
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2007
4412 posts
303 upvotes
Toronto
Why brag about the fact that you've been driving since you were 13 if you can't even pass the g1 exit test after two attempts? Clearly it's irrelevant.
#KeepFightingMichael
Deal Fanatic
Aug 9, 2009
6245 posts
1779 upvotes
It is true that some examiners are easier to pass than others. However, that is also not an excuse for failing. If you can drive properly you should be able to pass from any examiner. It's the ones in the middle group (between bad and good drivers) that prays for an easy examiner because a hard one will fail them.

If you fail once fine. You should learn from your mistakes and pass the second time. Anymore than 2 tries you should really be reflecting on your driving abilities.

Also to the poster about doing the exam with one hand. To my knowledge that is fine. I did my G test with one hand the whole test. I told my examiner straight up from the beginning that I feel more comfortable driving with one hand because that's how i've been doing it. He told me that its fine, and i could only lose marks for that but would not fail. Of course, I passed.

I think some examiners are WAY too easy on the drivers these days and yet you people that fail just blame them being too hard. I've had a couple friends that when they got their licence their driving was pretty bad and they passed on their first try. Of course, over the years they've gotten better.

So if you can't pass the first time. You need to work on your driving. If you fail twice, take the ttc.

On another note. My mom failed her G2 like 3 or 4 times. but somehow managed to pass her G on the first try... Speaking of how easy some of these examiners are... So guess what? We NEVER let my mom drive. Because it is for her own safety and the safety of others. She acknowledges that she is a bad driver; we need more people to admit that they can't drive.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2007
4599 posts
121 upvotes
breareos wrote: this is just plain wrong.. aslong as you ENTER the intersection on a green light you are within legal right to finish your turn when it is safe to continue. the problem is when people enter the intersection to make a left turn on a yellow or red light because they just don't want to wait for another traffic light rotation.

I suggest you reread the driver's handbook; unless you can clear the intersection before the light turns red, it is illegal to enter it. I have had this debate on here before and I posted the rules and regulations from just about every province which all say the exact same thing.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 9, 2009
6245 posts
1779 upvotes
spf1971 wrote: I suggest you reread the driver's handbook; unless you can clear the intersection before the light turns red, it is illegal to enter it. I have had this debate on here before and I posted the rules and regulations from just about every province which all say the exact same thing.

I think he is trying to say it is legal to enter when its green. He is not saying its legal to enter when yellow or red. So yes, it is obviously legal to enter the intersection when it is green. Sometimes you get stuck there for a while and even after the light turns red because of others running red lights.
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
19240 posts
17869 upvotes
GTA, ON
This thread is like 5yrs old???? Who the heck bumped this? LOL... Mods, shut her down.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Expert
May 14, 2007
15496 posts
2735 upvotes
Scarborough / Markha…
OP is guest? with no post count or anything? wth lol

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)