Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2007
4345 posts
444 upvotes
GTA

WSIB do i need to pay it?

We have a small daycare we just started and a few employees. My question is, do i need to pay wsib for each employee as well?
We have insurance for the daycare which should be covering the employees in case something happens.
4 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 23, 2007
5654 posts
2168 upvotes
The short answer is yes you need to pay it. A lot of businesses owners don't realize that even for very "safe" jobs you are supposed to pay. WSIB isn't exactly on most people's minds when they start a business.

Lots of small businesses get away without paying it for a long time. Then the day comes when WSIB somehow finds out and they charge you retroactive charges + penalty. To me, it's worth the peace of mind knowing I won't suddenly have to pay back a ton of money.
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2007
4345 posts
444 upvotes
GTA
BananaHunter wrote: The short answer is yes you need to pay it. A lot of businesses owners don't realize that even for very "safe" jobs you are supposed to pay. WSIB isn't exactly on most people's minds when they start a business.

Lots of small businesses get away without paying it for a long time. Then the day comes when WSIB somehow finds out and they charge you retroactive charges + penalty. To me, it's worth the peace of mind knowing I won't suddenly have to pay back a ton of money.
Thanks for the reply, so even if i have a 3rd party insurance which covers the employees i still need wsib? even thought they are covered for the same thing
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2006
2979 posts
263 upvotes
Burlington
urir10 wrote: Thanks for the reply, so even if i have a 3rd party insurance which covers the employees i still need wsib? even thought they are covered for the same thing
Yes. Insurance is not WSIB.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 23, 2007
5654 posts
2168 upvotes
urir10 wrote: Thanks for the reply, so even if i have a 3rd party insurance which covers the employees i still need wsib? even thought they are covered for the same thing
I don't know what specifically your insurance covers but I have a feeling it doesn't cover the same things as WSIB. WSIB basically covers you so the employee can't sue you for work place injuries. While 3rd party insurance policies might do general business insurance that include certain clauses like employee theft or whatever.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)