WSIB Hiring Process - Eligibility Adjudicator

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 25th, 2017 1:53 pm
Tags:
None
Jun 20, 2016
53 posts
7 upvotes
I didn't get a panel interview when I had mine. What was the composition of the panel?

I have done panel interviews before and I don't really think they're a big deal. If you have confidence in your abilities and can think quick on your feet it's pretty easy. At the end of the day you're still answering the same questions you would one on one.
Apr 16, 2015
126 posts
24 upvotes
North York
PositiveThinking12 wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2017 12:59 pm
Thanks for sharing. This is helpful. I am wondering if/when I can expect an email notifying me (if I will at all). Congratulations on making the pool. Hopefully it is smooth sailing from here on out. How did you find the test itself?
Hopefully. Test was not hard but with limited time it was not easy either. You'll get a response from them regardless, so hoping it'll be a positive one :)
Jun 20, 2016
53 posts
7 upvotes
That's exactly how my interview went. I assumed it would be like 5 people from various levels of the organization interviewing you as if you were standing before a grand jury.
Aug 20, 2017
13 posts
2 upvotes
JohnE963 wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2017 2:00 pm
Hopefully. Test was not hard but with limited time it was not easy either. You'll get a response from them regardless, so hoping it'll be a positive one :)
Flieger wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2017 2:13 pm
That's exactly how my interview went. I assumed it would be like 5 people from various levels of the organization interviewing you as if you were standing before a grand jury.
Thanks! I would have thought it would be several different people from various parts of the WSIB.

I am pretty confident in my application overall (Resume + O.C Test). The test was pretty straightforward, like many have said its the timing that stands in your way. I guess I just have to get used to the waiting game that everyone on here seems to be playing.
Aug 20, 2017
13 posts
2 upvotes
JohnE963 wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2017 2:34 pm
Waiting between atages is 1 to 2 business days :) Waiting game starts when you make it into the pool ;)
Hmm...Well today would be the 3/4 business day for me...So I guess we shall see what happens from here on out.
May 17, 2016
22 posts
12 upvotes
PSA to everyone in the pool: a mass email was sent to current WSIB employees a couple of weeks ago about classes in the upcoming weeks, so all of our speculations have been right. It's just a matter of whether they will do multiple classes at once/a really large class or spread them over the course of the next few months. But it seems like a lot of people will come out of the pool shortly as a class was supposed to start in July but the class was delayed until September. To my knowledge this class was mostly, if not all, internal candidates. Based on the source, they are about to go on a hiring frenzy because current EAs are stretched thin due to the hiring freeze (whether it was intentional or not).

Good luck to us all!
Jun 20, 2016
53 posts
7 upvotes
I'm picturing that woman from hunger games.
"May the odds be ever in your favour."
Apr 16, 2015
126 posts
24 upvotes
North York
Okrayn wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2017 7:59 am
PSA to everyone in the pool: a mass email was sent to current WSIB employees a couple of weeks ago about classes in the upcoming weeks, so all of our speculations have been right. It's just a matter of whether they will do multiple classes at once/a really large class or spread them over the course of the next few months. But it seems like a lot of people will come out of the pool shortly as a class was supposed to start in July but the class was delayed until September. To my knowledge this class was mostly, if not all, internal candidates. Based on the source, they are about to go on a hiring frenzy because current EAs are stretched thin due to the hiring freeze (whether it was intentional or not).

Good luck to us all!
Great news, let's hope we all get a call :)
Feb 3, 2016
35 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Okrayn wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2017 7:59 am

Good luck to us all!
So there has been two classes of trainees start in July, and 2 more are planned for September. I'm not sure about this mass email, but I'm currently at wsib and I didn't get this email. Many internal candidates are starting in the early September training class, so maybe that's what you mean?
Jun 20, 2016
53 posts
7 upvotes
So are all the slots for September already spoken for? I'm guessing I should give up on September and wait for October.
Feb 3, 2016
35 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Flieger wrote:
Aug 24th, 2017 8:36 am
So are all the slots for September already spoken for? I'm guessing I should give up on September and wait for October.
I'm not sure about the latter September class(es). I know the upcoming early September class will be internals and the slots for training have been filled.

Currently there are 36 EAs who are in training from the July classes.
Jun 20, 2016
53 posts
7 upvotes
Sounds like I'm not getting the job this year.
Someone in the thread said they want 72 new EAs. My math says they'll hit that quota for the second September class. :(

If Sept 18th is the internal candidates, then I only have what I assume will be the 30th. Approximately how far in advance do they notify you that they'll call your other reference? Would be helpful to set a mental deadline for when I know I didn't get called.
Jun 20, 2016
53 posts
7 upvotes
Ah okay. They asked me who I wanted them to call from my reference list and if they had permission to go ahead and do it after I was accepted into the pool.

I just assumed they'd ask again.
Feb 3, 2016
35 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Flieger wrote:
Aug 24th, 2017 10:06 am
Ah okay. They asked me who I wanted them to call from my reference list and if they had permission to go ahead and do it after I was accepted into the pool.

I just assumed they'd ask again.
The waiting is tough- being in the pool is a good step forward but not necessarily a guarantee when you'll be picked for training. They will be hiring throughout the next couple of months so hopefully you'll get chosen, but keep in mind they are continuing to recruit for the position for both internal and external candidates.
Jun 20, 2016
53 posts
7 upvotes
So September isn't the end of the current wave of hiring? It's safe to assume they can call us in October or November?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)