Careers

WSIB Hiring Process - Eligibility Adjudicator

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 16th, 2017 10:14 pm
Tags:
None
Sep 15, 2017
5 posts
hey everyone, I applied for the healthcare processing clerk in August. got a phone interview on Thursday and went in for the assessment test yesterday. really easy. however, I forgot that the position was fulltime temporary, not permanent. does anyone know if they'll do a possible chance of renewal?
Sep 11, 2017
11 posts
4 upvotes
Did anyone that had to give their references have a hard time with the form? It asks for specific company phone numbers and email addresses but some of my references have retired or work from home.
May 8, 2017
44 posts
6 upvotes
Alan4563 wrote:
Sep 16th, 2017 10:05 pm
Did anyone that had to give their references have a hard time with the form? It asks for specific company phone numbers and email addresses but some of my references have retired or work from home.
They called two of mine. One I had reported to a couple of years prior and therefore they told me that the secnd one needed to be a more recent supervisor.
Sep 11, 2017
11 posts
4 upvotes
Joeybatsto wrote:
Sep 16th, 2017 10:15 pm
I gave 3 references. 2 I gave their personal numbers and one their personal email because they were on mat leave. I am sure it's understandable. They only called one of my references before making an offer as well.
Did you have to explain that to them or write that on the sheet?
Nov 29, 2016
13 posts
7 upvotes
they only spoke to my most recent supervisor. I typed out my referral for, using fillable pdf, this way I could tell them "is on mat leave, this is her personal email/phone for contact"
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2008
1690 posts
267 upvotes
Brampton
toronto222 wrote:
Sep 16th, 2017 9:28 am
hey everyone, I applied for the healthcare processing clerk in August. got a phone interview on Thursday and went in for the assessment test yesterday. really easy. however, I forgot that the position was fulltime temporary, not permanent. does anyone know if they'll do a possible chance of renewal?
There is a chance of renewal or even becoming permanent on a temporary role, you can also apply to other internal/external processes once you get in and your trial period has passed with a higher chance of getting them as you would be considered first before external candidates if you are qualified for the role. Compare it to what you have now though and see if it is worth it for you though.
Jul 6, 2017
15 posts
3 upvotes
Has anyone who have recently been placed in the pool been offered a training position yet for Oct or Nov training?
Sep 15, 2017
5 posts
Has anyone else applied for the HC processing clerk? just curious since majority of the applicants in this thread are for EA
Aug 27, 2017
3 posts
1 upvote
I completed my online test about 4 weeks ago (for EA) and have heard nothing. Should i assume it's a no. I expected some sort of response...
Aug 13, 2017
10 posts
1 upvote
I had my panel interview about 4 weeks. I was told they'd get in touch with me in 3 weeks with a response. So at this point, would it be a good guess to say I am not being considered? Anyone else that went through an interview who might have a clue? Like if you had an interview, did they still contact you way later to give you an offer?
Aug 13, 2017
10 posts
1 upvote
Nancy360 wrote:
Sep 19th, 2017 11:23 am
I completed my online test about 4 weeks ago (for EA) and have heard nothing. Should i assume it's a no. I expected some sort of response...
Hello Nancy, I can tell you my experience. I did my first online test (79 minutes) in July, then was invited to the second written test in early August, a day or two after completing that test, Human Rescources called me to book my interview.

It's really hard to tell with WSIB, based on previous threads some people get contacted immediately while others not so quickly. I guess its all just a waiting game. Nothing you can do because they can only contact you while you have no way of really contacting them or getting information about your application.

All the best!
Nov 29, 2016
13 posts
7 upvotes
Hi Peeps in the pool,

One of you might be called soon to replace me in the November class. I have decided to decline their offer for a lesser paying role with the Treasury Board Secretariat. It is less stressful, has more transferable skills, offers more autonomy and honestly more growth opportunities as wsib seems to funnel growth in a more narrow direction (with a final destination). Although I will make about 8 grand less a year throughout all the raises, I think I will be happier. It's also permanent without a probationary period.

If you anyone has any questions regarding my recruitment experience, private message me.

Regards,

Joey