• Last Updated:
  • Sep 25th, 2017 1:53 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2005
9075 posts
68 upvotes
so apparently because they recently changed the internal (possibly external as well) interview process, the most recent internal interviews that took place for the last 2 weeks, everyone passed.
Deal Addict
May 12, 2004
2083 posts
80 upvotes
Mississauga
mcbain27 wrote:
Sep 6th, 2017 2:39 pm
so apparently because they recently changed the internal (possibly external as well) interview process, the most recent internal interviews that took place for the last 2 weeks, everyone passed.
Thats a lot of people being put in internal pools. If external is the same scenario than we may have a lot of successful candidates in the pool which i would assume to mean they are really looking to hire people on for training in the coming months.

Not sure if its safe to say if you made it through the interview and didnt come out as a complete idiot during the interview. chances may be high you will be entered into the pool.
May 8, 2017
35 posts
4 upvotes
errantlight wrote:
Sep 6th, 2017 11:24 am
I just checked the collective agreement and it looks like standard leave of absence (paid and unpaid) type scenarios are allowed, but unpaid have to be pre-approved of course. I can't speak to how this plays out in practice though. You definitely aren't "allowed" to take time off in the first 9 months, but there are exceptions of course depending on the situation.
I checked the collective agreement, too. I just wanted to know what the actual policy is, as in how easily unpaid leave gets pre-approved. I wanted to know that for future years, not for the training period. From what someone else said here, you can't get much of that as an EA. It is not a deal breaker for me although it is nice that at my current job (federal government) it is very easy to take unpaid time off and comes in handy in the summer, especially if you have kids. A LOT of people (mostly women) take all summer off at my job.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2013
1361 posts
400 upvotes
Frenchman101 wrote:
Sep 6th, 2017 8:57 pm
I checked the collective agreement, too. I just wanted to know what the actual policy is, as in how easily unpaid leave gets pre-approved. I wanted to know that for future years, not for the training period. From what someone else said here, you can't get much of that as an EA. It is not a deal breaker for me although it is nice that at my current job (federal government) it is very easy to take unpaid time off and comes in handy in the summer, especially if you have kids. A LOT of people (mostly women) take all summer off at my job.
That must be pretty unique to your office/department. I worked in 4 different roles in different departments with the Feds over 4-5 years prior to the WSIB and can't recall anyone getting granted regular LWOP unless it was for a special circumstance.
Nov 29, 2016
13 posts
7 upvotes
Places like the cra and service canada would. Agencies! Where all the layoffs happen!
Aug 31, 2017
31 posts
6 upvotes
Frenchman101 wrote:
Sep 5th, 2017 10:24 pm
Do you know if it's easy for EA's to take unpaid time off?
Not from what I recall. Best you get is 3 weeks vacation + 12 wellness days - but it does seem like a lot are out of the office at times. If you currently have that, it's a pretty sweet perk, I personally would not give it up for an EA.
May 4, 2011
2 posts
Have any of the internal candidates received an offer for the October training date? When is the start of training?
Apr 16, 2015
126 posts
24 upvotes
North York
SunAlLeeAh wrote:
Sep 8th, 2017 12:00 pm
Has anyone received an offer (external) to start training in sept or oct? Just trying to figure out how the process will work. Thanks! Ps I've already read the thread above, more concerned about recent applicants.
If you read earlier posts, then you will see that September class is full. It was only internal candidates, no external candidates have been called up. For October class, as far as i know, no one have been called up yet.
Sep 11, 2017
6 posts
Hey everyone,

New to this thread. I applied mid-August, received an email 2 weeks later to do the OC test online (89 minutes), and got a call a week later for an interview next week. In scanning through past posts, it appears candidates received more information about the interview than I did. Can anyone tell me what the test is like and what to expect? I was simply told where to go and when; I'm not even sure if I should bring references with me.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2005
9075 posts
68 upvotes
apparently all the internals who recently passed will be scheduled in the nov 2017 class.

there will also be a class on Oct. 2, 2017
Aug 13, 2017
2 posts
Alan4563 May I ask which location you've chosen to apply for? A friend of mine is waiting for an interview to be scheduled, so I was just curious.
Sep 12, 2017
2 posts
Alan4563
I did not get any information about the Interview. You get an email to take the test with instructions of it and then if you -- i suppose pass you get a call within the week. I rec'd a call 2 days later to schedule an interview. I just read what others had experienced in the interview. ALso if you go to glassdoor, you will see some interview questions others had to answer. Mine lasted 30 mins but we had an hour booked.
Sep 11, 2017
6 posts
I applied to Toronto. However I didn't receive an email advising me that I have moved along in the process, instead I received a call to schedule the interview
Sep 12, 2017
2 posts
No you won't get an email after the test. You get a call to schedule the interview.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

Winterishere