• Nov 20th, 2017 12:26 pm
Tags:
None
Jul 6, 2017
15 posts
3 upvotes
charity111 wrote:
Sep 19th, 2017 9:06 pm
I had my panel interview about 4 weeks. I was told they'd get in touch with me in 3 weeks with a response. So at this point, would it be a good guess to say I am not being considered? Anyone else that went through an interview who might have a clue? Like if you had an interview, did they still contact you way later to give you an offer?
hi,
I was also contacted after 4 weeks...I made into the pool.
May 8, 2017
45 posts
7 upvotes
Joeybatsto wrote:
Sep 20th, 2017 4:34 pm
Hi Peeps in the pool,

One of you might be called soon to replace me in the November class. I have decided to decline their offer for a lesser paying role with the Treasury Board Secretariat. It is less stressful, has more transferable skills, offers more autonomy and honestly more growth opportunities as wsib seems to funnel growth in a more narrow direction (with a final destination). Although I will make about 8 grand less a year throughout all the raises, I think I will be happier. It's also permanent without a probationary period.

If you anyone has any questions regarding my recruitment experience, private message me.

Regards,

Joey
Good luck!
Aug 13, 2017
10 posts
1 upvote
superseupar wrote:
Sep 20th, 2017 5:51 pm
hi,
I was also contacted after 4 weeks...I made into the pool.
Thanks Super, all I can do is just go on with my life and hope that one day they'll call me. And congratulations for making the pool!
Jan 31, 2016
10 posts
4 upvotes
North York, ON
Joeybatsto wrote:
Sep 20th, 2017 4:34 pm
Hi Peeps in the pool,

One of you might be called soon to replace me in the November class. I have decided to decline their offer for a lesser paying role with the Treasury Board Secretariat. It is less stressful, has more transferable skills, offers more autonomy and honestly more growth opportunities as wsib seems to funnel growth in a more narrow direction (with a final destination). Although I will make about 8 grand less a year throughout all the raises, I think I will be happier. It's also permanent without a probationary period.

If you anyone has any questions regarding my recruitment experience, private message me.

Regards,

Joey
Sounds like you made a good decision based on your interests and circumstances. The EA role isn't glamorous, is rigid and structured, and doesn't prepare you for many roles outside of insurance claim adjudication or disability management, but provides job security and a solid salary, benefits and a pension. I agree that it sort of pigeon holes you to an end destination with the WSIB...not an exciting career path but a safe one that's well paying (albeit admittedly slightly boring). Again, it's not for everyone...
Aug 31, 2017
197 posts
48 upvotes
Inepsy wrote:
Sep 21st, 2017 9:13 pm
Sounds like you made a good decision based on your interests and circumstances. The EA role isn't glamorous, is rigid and structured, and doesn't prepare you for many roles outside of insurance claim adjudication or disability management, but provides job security and a solid salary, benefits and a pension. I agree that it sort of pigeon holes you to an end destination with the WSIB...not an exciting career path but a safe one that's well paying (albeit admittedly slightly boring). Again, it's not for everyone...
I agree with most of this
Nov 29, 2016
14 posts
7 upvotes
Inepsy wrote:
Sep 21st, 2017 9:13 pm
I was a little concerned with the probationary period risk as well. It wasn't a deciding factor though.

I feel bad for the people that had it harder than me to get in the pool. The people that had a work sample... I just wrote a test and a mini essay (2 paragraphs) and I must have killed the STAR interview technique.
Sep 20, 2017
1 posts
Joeybatsto wrote:
Sep 22nd, 2017 1:23 am
I was a little concerned with the probationary period risk as well. It wasn't a deciding factor though.

I feel bad for the people that had it harder than me to get in the pool. The people that had a work sample... I just wrote a test and a mini essay (2 paragraphs) and I must have killed the STAR interview technique.
Congrats on the job at TBS! Were you already offered the November training class? I was entered into the pool Aug 25th. My reference was contacted about 3 days after the in person interview and I found out I made the pool about a week after the interview. The process moved very quickly from my experience. But I'm wondering if people have already been offered a Nov start date?

I work for the federal govt so I had a stable job; so I'm not worried or stressed out. But definitely still curious about when they will pull from the pool? Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Nov 29, 2016
14 posts
7 upvotes
mels123 wrote:
Sep 22nd, 2017 9:45 am
Congrats on the job at TBS! Were you already offered the November training class? I was entered into the pool Aug 25th. My reference was contacted about 3 days after the in person interview and I found out I made the pool about a week after the interview. The process moved very quickly from my experience. But I'm wondering if people have already been offered a Nov start date?

I work for the federal govt so I had a stable job; so I'm not worried or stressed out. But definitely still curious about when they will pull from the pool? Smiling Face With Open Mouth
They called my reference on the same day as the interview ;-). I was offered the position last Friday after about 15 days in the pool. Total process for me took 30 days or so. I feel terrible for the people waiting a year or so. November 6th is the start date.
May 8, 2017
45 posts
7 upvotes
Joeybatsto wrote:
Sep 22nd, 2017 11:20 am
They called my reference on the same day as the interview ;-). I was offered the position last Friday after about 15 days in the pool. Total process for me took 30 days or so. I feel terrible for the people waiting a year or so. November 6th is the start date.
The people waiting are usually in the smaller cities where the number of EA's is not so high. I was told all through the process that there were no vacancies at the time and the pool is anticipatory so I knew it would be a (long) wait.
May 17, 2016
23 posts
12 upvotes
Not sure if I missed it in the thread but did any externals get called for October 2nd?
Sep 11, 2017
11 posts
4 upvotes
charity111 wrote:
Sep 19th, 2017 9:06 pm
I had my panel interview about 4 weeks. I was told they'd get in touch with me in 3 weeks with a response. So at this point, would it be a good guess to say I am not being considered? Anyone else that went through an interview who might have a clue? Like if you had an interview, did they still contact you way later to give you an offer?
Did you reach out to the recruiter for an update?
Aug 13, 2017
10 posts
1 upvote
Alan4563 wrote:
Sep 25th, 2017 9:14 am
Did you reach out to the recruiter for an update?
[/quot

Yes I emailed the lady from HR who called and emailed me to book my interview to ask about the status of my application, but she never responded. Do you know if there is anyone I should contact? It's really hard to get hold of anyone in HR at WSIB, and the HR lady who emailed me was basically the only contact I have.
Deal Addict
May 12, 2004
2121 posts
82 upvotes
Mississauga
has anybody else recently made it into the pool? seems like now they are just filling up the pool with no external training sessions apart from the November 6th. I know there is a November 24th training session internal, but that's about it.