Tags:
None
Jul 8, 2014
54 posts
8 upvotes
East York, ON
bika82 wrote:
Oct 24th, 2017 8:33 am
Can someone please help me understand the timeline here. I applied on Oct 9, 2017 and no one has gotten back to me yet. When I check the status of my application, it says that I meet the pre-screening requirements. How long does it usually take for them to get back to me? Or should I just give up since its been more than 2 weeks.

Thanks!
Hey, I applied in September and saw the same message on my application as well. Well, today I received an email to write the online assessment!
Oct 10, 2017
5 posts
krejci87 wrote:
Oct 24th, 2017 7:28 pm
Hey, I applied in September and saw the same message on my application as well. Well, today I received an email to write the online assessment!
Congrats! Hope I get an email as well :)
Oct 25, 2017
2 posts
Hi, I was wondering if someone would be so kind and go through the step-by-step application process. For example, I have applied for the job on the WSIB website. I just received an email in which I was to write there competency & essay test. Now, I was wondering what are the next steps after that if I am successful? Thank you.
Sep 11, 2017
11 posts
4 upvotes
Has anyone heard anything about the November 20 training session?
Sep 28, 2017
5 posts
6 upvotes
Yes, I got a call for Training for Nov 20th training session this morning
Aug 31, 2017
197 posts
48 upvotes
lawcareergoals wrote:
Oct 24th, 2017 3:52 pm
Thanks. I guess I'll have to dig through my contacts. What happens if you've held the same job for years, and you can't use your current supervisor since you're still at the same job?
They don't do a deep dive into references like private sector. You can just get someone who knows you from a previous job to fake it and boost you up. I know that's not the best advice, but they are really just checking off hiring boxes with references.
May 8, 2017
45 posts
7 upvotes
MyNameWasTaken wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 6:08 pm
They don't do a deep dive into references like private sector. You can just get someone who knows you from a previous job to fake it and boost you up. I know that's not the best advice, but they are really just checking off hiring boxes with references.
I don't know how true that is. For me they called one of my prior supervisors after the interview. When they had a training spot for me and wanted to call the second reference they said the second one had to be a more recent supervisor (within the last 25 months) as the first one had been my supervisor a couple years prior.

Also when they called the second supervisor they asked him a bunch of questions. It wasn't a short and quick conversation.
Aug 31, 2017
197 posts
48 upvotes
Frenchman101 wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 6:44 pm
I don't know how true that is. For me they called one of my prior supervisors after the interview. When they had a training spot for me and wanted to call the second reference they said the second one had to be a more recent supervisor (within the last 25 months) as the first one had been my supervisor a couple years prior.

Also when they called the second supervisor they asked him a bunch of questions. It wasn't a short and quick conversation.
I mean they'll accept whatever number you give them. They won't look to speak with your HR like a back check would
Jul 6, 2017
15 posts
3 upvotes
harmony27 wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 12:43 pm
Yes, I got a call for Training for Nov 20th training session this morning
What location have they called you for?
Jul 6, 2017
15 posts
3 upvotes
Hi harmony27....Congratulations! What location did they call you for? Did they call your 2nd reference as well before offering the training spot?
Nov 2, 2017
4 posts
How does this work? If you get into the pool and complete the training and practicum, then you would be assessed at that point as to whether or not you have a job?
So, you may not have a job regardless or how well you do in the training and practicum? Or, basically if you 'pass' the training and practicum then you start/continue the position immediately?
May 8, 2017
45 posts
7 upvotes
User316174 wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 11:41 am
How does this work? If you get into the pool and complete the training and practicum, then you would be assessed at that point as to whether or not you have a job?
So, you may not have a job regardless or how well you do in the training and practicum? Or, basically if you 'pass' the training and practicum then you start/continue the position immediately?
No, it doesn't work like that. You get into the pool. Then you may or may not be offered a job, depending on their staffing needs and your scores. If you do get offered a job you get hired. You start training when you get hired and then practicum. You are, however, on probation for 180 WORK days from your date of hire. So technically they can let you go if you fail probation. Which is like any other job I suppose. There usually is a probationary period.
Nov 2, 2017
4 posts
Frenchman101 wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 7:38 pm
No, it doesn't work like that. You get into the pool. Then you may or may not be offered a job, depending on their staffing needs and your scores. If you do get offered a job you get hired. You start training when you get hired and then practicum. You are, however, on probation for 180 WORK days from your date of hire. So technically they can let you go if you fail probation. Which is like any other job I suppose. There usually is a probationary period.
Thanks for the explanation, it makes sense to me now :)
I thought that the practicum is another 'test' before getting hired.