WSIB Hiring Process - Eligibility Adjudicator

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2017 12:26 pm
Tags:
None
May 8, 2017
45 posts
7 upvotes
No. You can "fail" practicum though, from what I hear, which basically means you fail your probation. There is ton of information on this blog if you have the time to go back and read
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2013
1429 posts
438 upvotes
Frenchman101 wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 7:48 pm
No. You can "fail" practicum though, from what I hear, which basically means you fail your probation. There is ton of information on this blog if you have the time to go back and read
While that used to be the case, they’re so desperate for EAs that as long as you don’t quit, they will do whatever they can to ensure you pass practicum (meaning extension, provide additional mentoring or help...etc).
Jul 13, 2017
6 posts
Leask
Is it possible to approximate how many people of those applying that are successful in getting to the hiring stage? Is it, say, 30%...less or more? Just curious. It would be interesting to know just how many people apply for these openings.
May 8, 2017
45 posts
7 upvotes
JacqueL662074 wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 9:29 pm
Is it possible to approximate how many people of those applying that are successful in getting to the hiring stage? Is it, say, 30%...less or more? Just curious. It would be interesting to know just how many people apply for these openings.
I don't think anyone knows that. Or if they do they probably can't disclose.
Oct 25, 2017
2 posts
Can anyone provide questions that are asked during the interview. I have mine this week and want to make sure I'm as prepared as possible. Thank you.
Aug 31, 2017
197 posts
48 upvotes
nelli89 wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 11:30 am
Can anyone provide questions that are asked during the interview. I have mine this week and want to make sure I'm as prepared as possible. Thank you.
Prioriting tasks
Meeting deadlines
Delivering bad news
Handling stress
Customer service (empathy, compassion, and dedication)
Oct 18, 2017
2 posts
MyNameWasTaken wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 5:18 pm
Prioriting tasks
Meeting deadlines
Delivering bad news
Handling stress
Customer service (empathy, compassion, and dedication)
Really? I had none of those. My interview was in October this year. It was a behavioral interview. Meaning there was no general questions it was all scenario based, like describe a situation when you disagreed with your manager. What were the reasons and outcome of the disagreement. As soon as you start answering in general terms they direct you to specifics, they want to hear your actual job experience. Another questions was - described the situation where you had to deal with an unhappy client. Tell us what you said, what the situation was and how you handled it. And so on.
Oct 18, 2017
13 posts
1 upvote
Does anyone know if the training sessions follow a pattern? As in, what would be the most likely next date after the November session? I imagine they wouldn't start in December (though of course I have no authority to say that lol).
Aug 31, 2017
197 posts
48 upvotes
VladyslavaN167770 wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 9:19 am
Really? I had none of those. My interview was in October this year. It was a behavioral interview. Meaning there was no general questions it was all scenario based, like describe a situation when you disagreed with your manager. What were the reasons and outcome of the disagreement. As soon as you start answering in general terms they direct you to specifics, they want to hear your actual job experience. Another questions was - described the situation where you had to deal with an unhappy client. Tell us what you said, what the situation was and how you handled it. And so on.
I'm talking about the context/root of the questions will be based upon those things listed.
Deal Addict
May 12, 2004
2121 posts
82 upvotes
Mississauga
lawcareergoals wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 10:13 am
Does anyone know if the training sessions follow a pattern? As in, what would be the most likely next date after the November session? I imagine they wouldn't start in December (though of course I have no authority to say that lol).
My friend is in a class scheduled for January. Internal though. The Nov 20th was also internal but i believe they opened up spaces for external as well. I know this cause my friend was originally on the Nov 20th class but got pushed out to Jan
Jul 13, 2017
6 posts
Leask
bika82 wrote:
Oct 24th, 2017 8:33 am
Can someone please help me understand the timeline here. I applied on Oct 9, 2017 and no one has gotten back to me yet. When I check the status of my application, it says that I meet the pre-screening requirements. How long does it usually take for them to get back to me? Or should I just give up since its been more than 2 weeks.

Thanks!
Don't be disheartened. The whole process took me 6 months from initial application to hire.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 0 guests)

Heliosforever, Winterishere