Tags:
None
Feb 3, 2016
38 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto, ON
lawcareergoals wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 10:13 am
Does anyone know if the training sessions follow a pattern? As in, what would be the most likely next date after the November session? I imagine they wouldn't start in December (though of course I have no authority to say that lol).
More than likely the next training session would be in the new year... but generally training doesn’t follow a pattern.
Oct 18, 2017
12 posts
1 upvote
Just got an email that I've been placed in the pool today! They want a copy of my university degree as well. Time to go dust it off for the first time since I got it Face With Tears Of Joy
May 17, 2016
23 posts
12 upvotes
FYI for anyone who's been in the pool longer than 8 months or prior to the change in the recruitment process:

Because the recruitment process is different I wanted to know how'd we'd be ranked in the pool against one another and I received an update this morning that those in the pool before the change will be hired based on their interview score and work sample only.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2005
9078 posts
70 upvotes
GTA
from what i am hearing...the new hires who start in Jan. 2018...the training is being cut down from 6 weeks to 4 weeks, with most of the training be done via online....
Oct 18, 2017
12 posts
1 upvote
mcbain27 wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 8:38 pm
from what i am hearing...the new hires who start in Jan. 2018...the training is being cut down from 6 weeks to 4 weeks, with most of the training be done via online....
That's interesting! Do you know if online means online from home, or if it's just computer-based in a group training setting?
Nov 15, 2017
1 posts
Hello everyone!

I am happy that I found this forum. It's very helpful! :)

I applied for the EA position last October 20th, got the competency test online last week and now I got an email regarding an in-person interview. On the email that they sent to me, they said that it will be a behavioral interview. I am just wondering, for those who got the interviews before, what types of scenarios they were asking for?

Thanks for the huge help! And good luck to all of us!

Cheers!
Last edited by KalelNeurons on Nov 16th, 2017 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2005
9078 posts
70 upvotes
GTA
should be more computer based training...and not likely to be at home.
Apr 18, 2016
15 posts
3 upvotes
lawcareergoals wrote:
Nov 16th, 2017 9:54 am
That's interesting! Do you know if online means online from home, or if it's just computer-based in a group training setting?
It means you go to your desk at your respective hiring office and complete online discussions using your phone and computer. You will be assigned readings and then complete independent work and log back into your online profile to discuss with your fellow trainees and instructors.
Nov 18, 2017
1 posts
Any updates on the January training? Will it be internals/externals or a combination of both? How many trainees are in each training group approximately?

Also, any idea if I can change my location preference... I originally put Hamilton as my first choice and Toronto as my second, but it sounds like there is a much better chance to land a gig in Toronto? Perhaps I could ask my HR recruiter before my interview?

Good luck to all!
Nov 2, 2017
4 posts
Does the 180 day probation period (not able to take vacation days) include the training days?
Nov 2, 2017
4 posts
Frenchman101 wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 7:38 pm
No, it doesn't work like that. You get into the pool. Then you may or may not be offered a job, depending on their staffing needs and your scores. If you do get offered a job you get hired. You start training when you get hired and then practicum. You are, however, on probation for 180 WORK days from your date of hire. So technically they can let you go if you fail probation. Which is like any other job I suppose. There usually is a probationary period.
Sorry I just posted a new post but would like to know from you whether or not the 180 days of not being able to take vacation days include the training days? Or, that starts after the 18 weeks of training?
May 8, 2017
45 posts
7 upvotes
User316174 wrote:
Nov 19th, 2017 4:08 pm
Sorry I just posted a new post but would like to know from you whether or not the 180 days of not being able to take vacation days include the training days? Or, that starts after the 18 weeks of training?
The 180 days start from your very first day there, so they include training.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2005
9078 posts
70 upvotes
GTA
its also dependent if your an external or internal.

external's cannot take any vacation within the 180 day period.

internal's are entitled to take vacation once they past practicum, after the 8 week live on the desk (dependent on extensions)
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2013
1423 posts
429 upvotes
User316174 wrote:
Nov 19th, 2017 4:08 pm
Starts when you start training.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

VladyslavaN167770