None
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2008
1780 posts
283 upvotes
Burlington
MyNameWasTaken wrote:
Mar 10th, 2018 2:07 pm
That's what I heard, maybe they got the name of the role wrong, but they definitely confirmed that their role has been changed.
Yea I heard they got a pay raise due to them doing some adjudication work, I didn’t hear anything about a name change though so it seems you are correct to an extent.

Some other areas now want a raise themselves from what I heard but it’s not the union that approves it so likely those groups will go through the process first and then maybe complain later if things don’t go well. I have seen the Csr job posting on their website a few times in the last few months.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2013
1802 posts
607 upvotes
Gatsby1980 wrote:
Mar 12th, 2018 6:52 pm
Has anyone actually talked to someone who works at the wsib in the case manager role? Do they like it? Is it super stressful? I looked on Glassdoor, but there isn’t a lot of reviews from case managers.
I am also curious to know, has anybody else gotten a job offer yet?
Workload is heavy, constant and never ending. You get yelled at a lot. If this is stressful to you, then yes it could be stressful.
Mar 10, 2018
6 posts
1 upvote
Lol..what do you mean you get yelled at a lot?...for doing something wrong?
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2013
1802 posts
607 upvotes
Job2018 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 8:52 am
Lol..what do you mean you get yelled at a lot?...for doing something wrong?
Angry employers or injured workers that don’t agree with your decisions.
Mar 1, 2018
4 posts
Which job is more stressful; eligibility adjudicator or case managers or are they both about the same?
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2013
1802 posts
607 upvotes
Gatsby1980 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 10:12 am
Which job is more stressful; eligibility adjudicator or case managers or are they both about the same?
About the same however EAs are busier these days due to staff shortages so that would add to the stress I suppose.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2017
1117 posts
259 upvotes
OldMarriedGuy wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 8:56 am
Angry employers or injured workers that don’t agree with your decisions.
Yes, this I can see. As long as you do a good thorough job with your work, then I think you should be fine. The worst is having these cases be disputed all the way up the latter, only to be overruled (EA's)
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2013
1802 posts
607 upvotes
MyNameWasTaken wrote:
Mar 14th, 2018 12:16 am
Yes, this I can see. As long as you do a good thorough job with your work, then I think you should be fine. The worst is having these cases be disputed all the way up the latter, only to be overruled (EA's)
Right but regardless, sometimes one of the parties will be upset with you. This doesn’t always happen but it’s not uncommon.

People who have been in roles like this before should be used tot it by now and would generally be fine.
Nov 2, 2017
10 posts
OldMarriedGuy wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 10:49 am
About the same however EAs are busier these days due to staff shortages so that would add to the stress I suppose.
So what about the whole self-care and service excellence deal?
It seems like all anyone cares about is the numbers and the stats, would the quality of service not decrease?
Oct 18, 2017
23 posts
2 upvotes
Any update from those who finished CM interviews? Did any one of those who applied to the home Toronto office heard back?
It's a third week now post my interview and not a single word... am I alone in this or everyone is waiting?
Again, I'll repeat only those who applied to Toronto office. Thank you folks for taking time to answer.
Mar 5, 2018
8 posts
1 upvote
VladyslavaN167770 wrote:
Mar 15th, 2018 9:34 am
Any update from those who finished CM interviews? Did any one of those who applied to the home Toronto office heard back?
It's a third week now post my interview and not a single word... am I alone in this or everyone is waiting?
Again, I'll repeat only those who applied to Toronto office. Thank you folks for taking time to answer.
If you don't mind sharing. When did you apply and when did they call you in for an interview? I applied nearly two weeks ago, but haven't heard back from them.
Oct 18, 2017
23 posts
2 upvotes
ElenaL888 wrote:
Mar 15th, 2018 10:17 am
If you don't mind sharing. When did you apply and when did they call you in for an interview? I applied nearly two weeks ago, but haven't heard back from them.
I am from the EA pool. I got an email on March 26 whereas they invited me, and a bunch of other people from the pool to give it a try and proceed with an interview for CM. I had it Friday that same week. As such I am sorry I am not much of help.... I wasn't applying for CM externally, I was offered to skip that step and got an interview right away. Not sure of the time line for those who start with the resume submission. Now I am waiting though... feels like indefinitely.
Mar 5, 2018
8 posts
1 upvote
VladyslavaN167770 wrote:
Mar 15th, 2018 10:24 am
I am from the EA pool. I got an email on March 26 whereas they invited me, and a bunch of other people from the pool to give it a try and proceed with an interview for CM. I had it Friday that same week. As such I am sorry I am not much of help.... I wasn't applying for CM externally, I was offered to skip that step and got an interview right away. Not sure of the time line for those who start with the resume submission. Now I am waiting though... feels like indefinitely.
No worries. I really appreciate both you and @MikeTur responding. I will just have to wait. Do you remember any details of what the written test or written essay was asking?
Oct 18, 2017
23 posts
2 upvotes
ElenaL888 wrote:
Mar 15th, 2018 10:52 am
No worries. I really appreciate both you and @MikeTur responding. I will just have to wait. Do you remember any details of what the written test or written essay was asking?
Check your DMs. I will not post details in the main chat but if anyone has any questions, please DM me. I will gladly help with what I know.
Apr 16, 2015
4 posts
3 upvotes
North York
VladyslavaN167770 wrote:
Mar 15th, 2018 9:34 am
ElenaL888 wrote:
Mar 15th, 2018 10:17 am
I've been waiting for two weeks...MikeTurr got an offer and he applied for Toronto Office. I know some of the other people that are waiting as well and i also know some that reveived rejection letters in less than a week after the interview.
Last edited by JohnE963 on Mar 15th, 2018 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.