• Last Updated:
  • Sep 27th, 2018 3:42 pm
Tags:
None
Apr 18, 2018
7 posts
nomorepatience wrote:
May 23rd, 2018 6:38 pm
First of all, I would like to thank you all for the relevant information you provided in this thread.It's been very helpful. For myself, I have been successfully added in the external qualified pool for the bilingual Case Manager position in Toronto since early April this year, however, I 'm still waiting patiently for an update from HR. The wait is really confusing as I don't really know how long it's going to take, so I would really appreciate if anyone can provide us with any current updates you got/heard with regards to the training/hiring dates. also, I would be glad to answer any question you have with regards to the hiring process that I went through recently...Thank you very much in advance!
They are not actively hiring at the moment. Seems like they filled the need for CMs and all those in the pool will remain in the pool until further need arises.
The position is deactivated on the career website as well. There is no upcoming training dates set up. Last training was in April.
If someone has more info please feel free to share.

My opinion, in a month or so we will see EA job posted back up on the career website. When it comes to CMs.... no idea.
It is what it is. We qualify but there is no position for us. My email said I will remain in the pool for 2 years.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2017
1066 posts
247 upvotes
ZiiZii wrote:
May 16th, 2018 10:30 pm
TBH MyNameIsTaken, I'm just bored in my current role, and looking to spicy things up lol.

But I absolutely don't want to be micromanaged re time. OH NO lol.
lol that's fair. At the risk of sounding corny, the grass isn't always greener on the other side though
May 22, 2018
4 posts
Thank you Valery91 for you reply...My email also said that I will remain in the pool for 18 months , my last conversation with my TA was in mid of April, she said that they don't have an urgent need in the near future to hire CMs.
Sep 11, 2017
18 posts
8 upvotes
lawcareergoals wrote:
May 23rd, 2018 11:01 am
can anyone who works there shed some light? oldmarriedguy or someone else? interested to know what's going on.
Nothing to report. All training was cancelled. They don’t have a PA system where they make announcements, it’s just all through mutterings that anyone hears.

They’re not full on CMs yet - word around town is they didn’t get the budget approved yet for more CMs or it’s not clear whether the external training is successful. I think they’re still trying to decide the next steps. If you see another EA posting, then you’ll know the direction they’re headed in
Oct 18, 2017
49 posts
5 upvotes
Does anyone know, if they stop looking for CMs, do the people in the CM pool who were in the EA pool go back to the EA pool? Or are they in both anyway?
Apr 18, 2018
7 posts
lawcareergoals wrote:
May 28th, 2018 4:40 pm
Does anyone know, if they stop looking for CMs, do the people in the CM pool who were in the EA pool go back to the EA pool? Or are they in both anyway?
They stopped looking for CMs. People in EA pool remain in EA pool and they always did even when WSIB stopped hiring EAs, pool was still there and people remained in it. When I had my CM interview I was told so by an HR. If the person was in EA pool before they got into CM pool it means they are in both. People in CM pool remain in CM pool. Roles are not interchangeable and pools are not. People are or in both or in one of them or in none, depending on how their interviews went, since different HR demonstrates are responsible for hiring process for these two different roles.

Although it all has been stopped right now.
Feb 22, 2018
4 posts
Any idea how the hiring freeze will affect EA or CM position, has there been any discussion internally that people are aware of?
May 22, 2018
4 posts
I sent an email to my TA two days ago with the same question , I'll let you know once I have a response from them...
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2013
1784 posts
600 upvotes
WSIBnewbie wrote:
Jul 11th, 2018 3:15 pm
Anyone receive any updates? internally or externally?
The WSIB is currently on a hiring freeze. They have to sort out which positions specifically his is affecting so I wouldn’t expect any news in the next little while.
Aug 8, 2018
1 posts
Hi, I have recently been contacted for my background check. Do you know if the next step is being added to the "pool" or there is a chance of being rejected at this stage as well?
Feb 22, 2018
4 posts
for me prior to be added to the pool, they contacted one of my references and asked for me education verification (a copy of my degree) and upon confirmation they sent me a confirmation email that I have been added to the pool. Not sure if this answers you question, did they specify what kind of background check they were conducting and can I ask what position is this for EA or CM?
Oct 15, 2017
164 posts
66 upvotes
Canada
ZiiZii wrote:
May 16th, 2018 10:30 pm
TBH MyNameIsTaken, I'm just bored in my current role, and looking to spicy things up lol.

But I absolutely don't want to be micromanaged re time. OH NO lol.
Have to ask, what is your current job/position?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

Winterishere