WSIB Hiring Process - Eligibility Adjudicator

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 20th, 2024 7:09 pm
Tags:
None
Jul 4, 2013
4 posts
3 upvotes
I'm going through the process now. I did the telephone interview, luckily they emailed me in advance and it wasn't just an impromptu phone call. Once you pass that they invite you to do an essay and a 2 hour active listening and critical thinking test. the question for the essay that I got was about why an organization would go through a retransformation (like the one WSIB is doing now) and what tools resources you would use to manage the transition. Only 2 pages double space. the 2 hour test was broken into 3 parts. an active listening - you listen to a recording and then answer questions. the 2nd part was some multiple choice behaviour questions. the 3rd part was something called a Watson-glaser test. I found that one extremely tricky. read everything carefully. Now Im off to the interview which is suppose to be an hour and half.

anyone know what to expect for this interview??? any tips would be greatly appreciated.
Jun 9, 2013
5 posts
congrats! how soon after the test did they schedule your interview??? Fairly quickly or long time after?
Jul 4, 2013
4 posts
3 upvotes
I have the interview Tuesday. They said it was comprised of technical and behavioural questions. I always have trouble answering these questions. I can never think of examples to answer the question :( Any help would be appreciated.
Jul 6, 2013
2 posts
I applied last week for the EA position. My friend works in Human resources. She says they need 200 eligibility adjudicators... For 8 locations. 100 now and 100 to be put on a list. She says most people fail the testing. Next... I got called for the account analyst position. They asked me to bring a calculator,... Help... Does anyone know what that's about?
Jul 7, 2013
2 posts
MISSISSAUGA
Josie76 wrote: I'm going through the process now. I did the telephone interview, luckily they emailed me in advance and it wasn't just an impromptu phone call. Once you pass that they invite you to do an essay and a 2 hour active listening and critical thinking test. the question for the essay that I got was about why an organization would go through a retransformation (like the one WSIB is doing now) and what tools resources you would use to manage the transition. Only 2 pages double space. the 2 hour test was broken into 3 parts. an active listening - you listen to a recording and then answer questions. the 2nd part was some multiple choice behaviour questions. the 3rd part was something called a Watson-glaser test. I found that one extremely tricky. read everything carefully. Now Im off to the interview which is suppose to be an hour and half.

anyone know what to expect for this interview??? any tips would be greatly appreciated.
All these posts are so useful...some of them so discouraging :( on a list for over a year???? sheesh. I applied to the EA position July 1st. Rec'd an email for initial screening after the long weekend. Got the call today and have been invited for the work sample. Thank you for your tips. So we need to write an essay on a random topic? wow...that will not be easy.

The lady who called me today said there are some spots that need to be filled in August 2013 and they are right now looking for candidates to get in to that training batch. Why would they interview new people if they have a list from 2012?
Also, the first thing she said she wants to confirm before the interview is whether I have completed my undergrad. The work sample day I have to take a copy of my degree to them for submission... is this something new?

Josie76....any other tips you could pass along? my test is on Wednesday...in 2 days...
Mar 20, 2012
24 posts
2 upvotes
TORONTO
Missing78 wrote: ******************************************
All these posts are so useful...some of them so discouraging :( on a list for over a year???? sheesh. I applied to the EA position July 1st. Rec'd an email for initial screening after the long weekend. Got the call today and have been invited for the work sample. Thank you for your tips. So we need to write an essay on a random topic? wow...that will not be easy.

The lady who called me today said there are some spots that need to be filled in August 2013 and they are right now looking for candidates to get in to that training batch. Why would they interview new people if they have a list from 2012?
Also, the first thing she said she wants to confirm before the interview is whether I have completed my undergrad. The work sample day I have to take a copy of my degree to them for submission... is this something new?

Josie76....any other tips you could pass along? my test is on Wednesday...in 2 days...
Missing, I have sent you a private message.
Jun 4, 2013
2 posts
All these tips have been useful. I also have my testing tomorrow (Wednesday). I am not sure what type of preparing I could do based on everything that has been said. The invite for the testing did not mention anything about an essay but sounds like most ppl did them.

Anyone have any last minute tips/prep tools??

Much appreciated!
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2006
3676 posts
403 upvotes
contessa, you really should have applied again. Even though HR tells you, I don't know if your application remains on file for 2 years. I think the cutoff is 6 months.
Jul 10, 2013
2 posts
Josie76 wrote: I'm going through the process now. I did the telephone interview, luckily they emailed me in advance and it wasn't just an impromptu phone call. Once you pass that they invite you to do an essay and a 2 hour active listening and critical thinking test. the question for the essay that I got was about why an organization would go through a retransformation (like the one WSIB is doing now) and what tools resources you would use to manage the transition. Only 2 pages double space. the 2 hour test was broken into 3 parts. an active listening - you listen to a recording and then answer questions. the 2nd part was some multiple choice behaviour questions. the 3rd part was something called a Watson-glaser test. I found that one extremely tricky. read everything carefully. Now Im off to the interview which is suppose to be an hour and half.

HI Josie, we were probably in the same test session (July 5?).. did you get invited to a person-to person interview already? I just got an email today to write an essay. I found the last test for critical thinking very tricky also. And just barely enough time to read through everything and pick an answer. No time to think too much.
Jul 4, 2013
4 posts
3 upvotes
Hi Ayluh1970, I wrote july 3. sounds like there is a few testing sessions. I had the interview. Nothing like I expected. I was asked to put my notes away. I've never been asked to do that before. we shall see. they told me it was for a talent pool and I would find out in the next three weeks. keeping my fingers crossed, but from everything I have read im not sure what to think.
Jul 10, 2013
2 posts
Hi Josie76, wow you got an interview really quickly after the testing. The lady at the test session said it would probably be 2 weeks before we know if we passed. How long was your interview and what kind of questions do they ask? Somebody here said the interview was 3 hours! I can't imagine that. I don't usually bring notes with me into an interview so that part is ok for me. I've been unemployed for over a year now so coming up with scenarios and how I handled them will be a bit difficult. Good luck to you, hope you get on the 'list'!
Jul 4, 2013
4 posts
3 upvotes
Hi Aluh1970, I can't remember the exact questions, but I remember they asked for a lot of details, they want you to walk them through the scenario as if they were there. come prepared for that part. mine was I think 2 hours, if I remember right, it flies by. oh, and there is another little test. nothing you can study for. I hope I get on the list too. I really interested in the job. im keeping my fingers crossed but trying not to get too hopeful. sounds like there is a lot of competition. good luck.
Mar 20, 2012
24 posts
2 upvotes
TORONTO
Electricute wrote: contessa, you really should have applied again. Even though HR tells you, I don't know if your application remains on file for 2 years. I think the cutoff is 6 months.
Electricute, I just sent you a private message regarding this post. Any feedback from you would, again, be appreciated.
Jul 14, 2013
2 posts
Hi,

This is great info, great support provided by everyone. Can anyone please provide me with details of the phone interview? questions, etc? Feel free to pm me
:)
Thanks!
Jul 20, 2013
2 posts
1 upvote
Mississauga
springsummer1111 wrote: Hi,

This is great info, great support provided by everyone. Can anyone please provide me with details of the phone interview? questions, etc? Feel free to pm me
:)
Thanks!
The phone interview is just them telling you about the position, about how you can't take any vacation time, you need to be committed, etc. They they ask why you think you're good for the job and what you're bringing to it from your past experience? I just opened up the WSIB job posting and used words from there.
hope that helps!

people who wrote the work assignment - any pointers? i suck at essays so what kind of research or points did you use?

thanks! :)
Jul 7, 2013
2 posts
MISSISSAUGA
IqraZ774 wrote: The phone interview is just them telling you about the position, about how you can't take any vacation time, you need to be committed, etc. They they ask why you think you're good for the job and what you're bringing to it from your past experience? I just opened up the WSIB job posting and used words from there.
hope that helps!

people who wrote the work assignment - any pointers? i suck at essays so what kind of research or points did you use?

thanks! :)
@ IqraZ774 - Did you already write your test? How soon after did you hear back from them? I asked them the same question if they wanted a research based essay and they said we will leave that to you to decide :)