• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2024 4:56 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2013
2341 posts
1489 upvotes
errantlight wrote: Hi everyone, I recently received the email telling me I've been placed in the pool, and they're conducting one of my reference checks next week "to keep on file". A lot of folks here have received a job offer soon after having references checked, but the wording they used and that they're only contacting one reference has me thinking I may be in for a wait (and, of course, the email reminded me that there was "no guarantee of a position"). For those who have had just one reference checked, what has been your experience with the wait? Did you eventually get pulled from the pool (I'm waiting on a regional office), or should I get reaallly good at treading water? :)
Depending on what regional office you applied to...you may need a good life jacket :)
Nov 26, 2015
14 posts
5 upvotes
OldMarriedGuy wrote: Depending on what regional office you applied to...you may need a good life jacket :)
Haha - oh dear, perhaps I'll throw some water wings on and try to simply enjoy the feeling of getting through the gruelling screening process (and of slaying my behavioural interview "dragon"...gah they were my nemesis until I had a friend coach me through prepping!)
Jan 31, 2016
14 posts
8 upvotes
North York, ON
candidate40 wrote: They contacted one of my references too before they confirmed I was in the pool. It has been 3.5 months and no word so far. Been floating around for a while ;)
After being put in the pool, I was pulled out after 2 months. I was also selected for their Toronto office though. The workforce is much larger there. No idea if I scored high or not. The recruiters had indicated the regional office EA teams are generally small and you could potentially be waiting a year or longer to get pulled especially if your score was not among the higher range. Toronto office there is a lot of movement in part due to internal opportunities...and a lot of unsuccessful EAs apparently?
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2004
1001 posts
17 upvotes
if you were interested in applying for an Ottawa position, do you have to travel to Toronto for training? Do they pay for trips back on the weekend to Ottawa?
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2013
2341 posts
1489 upvotes
impronto wrote: if you were interested in applying for an Ottawa position, do you have to travel to Toronto for training? Do they pay for trips back on the weekend to Ottawa?
You may have to travel to Toronto for training (most likely).

They will pay for you to fly in and out every week (or maybe VIA train, not sure from Ottawa) and for your hotel and meals while you're in Toronto.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2004
1001 posts
17 upvotes
OldMarriedGuy wrote: You may have to travel to Toronto for training (most likely).

They will pay for you to fly in and out every week (or maybe VIA train, not sure from Ottawa) and for your hotel and meals while you're in Toronto.
Doesn't seem too family friendly. If they have an Ottawa office, wouldn't it make sense you can do the training there?
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2013
2341 posts
1489 upvotes
impronto wrote: Doesn't seem too family friendly. If they have an Ottawa office, wouldn't it make sense you can do the training there?
Not if they're only hiring one or two EAs for that office.
Mar 1, 2016
1 posts
I applied for the EA position on Feb 29 and received an email March 1 for a telephone interview this Friday. Has anyone else been called for an interview recently? From what I've read the phone interview is just an overview of the position and basic info. Is there anything specific they ask for? I would really like this position and I'm very nervous! Anything would help. Thanks! :)
Feb 3, 2016
42 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto, ON
lalaa917 wrote: I applied for the EA position on Feb 29 and received an email March 1 for a telephone interview this Friday. Has anyone else been called for an interview recently? From what I've read the phone interview is just an overview of the position and basic info. Is there anything specific they ask for? I would really like this position and I'm very nervous! Anything would help. Thanks! :)
Have you read through the thread? This question has been asked and answered recently. Good luck
Feb 23, 2016
13 posts
2 upvotes
Will anyone provide some tips on how to pass the in person interview??
Nov 26, 2015
14 posts
5 upvotes
pinterjohal wrote: Will anyone provide some tips on how to pass the in person interview??
There's a lot of useful info throughout the thread, so I would recommend reading it through. I made sure to prepare several actual scenarios from my work experience which I felt demonstrated the different skill sets the job requires. I also found it helpful to practice out loud with a friend. Good luck!
Mar 21, 2016
1 posts
I have my critical thinking and active listening skills test coming up next week in Toronto. There has been a lot of great feedback on this thread, I'm excited :) I hope they're doing a lot of hiring in Toronto.
Feb 23, 2016
13 posts
2 upvotes
I had my interview about 1 week ago from today and have not heard back yet. Does anyone know how long it usually takes to hear back?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2005
9483 posts
286 upvotes
GTA
a friend of mine who works internally at WSIB applied and just got notified they've failed. They had their interview on the 8th of March.
Jan 25, 2016
4 posts
1 upvote
Scarborough, ON
I sent my essay to wsib almost 2 months ago and they did not get back to me yet. I have sent two emails to the recruiter and no response. They should at least have the courtesy to tell me I'm rejected.
Apr 3, 2016
1 posts
Can anyone shed some light on how long it usually takes them to contact you for an interview after you have submitted your essay? I also submitted mine a while back and haven't heard from them. Thanks
Apr 5, 2016
3 posts
They had EA classes start feb and march? Any idea if there will be any more this yr? On average how long do people stay in pool?
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2013
2341 posts
1489 upvotes
Phantom86 wrote: They had EA classes start feb and march? Any idea if there will be any more this yr? On average how long do people stay in pool?
Yes, yes and there's no average. Everyone is different. If you scored really high you wouldn't be in the pool for very long.
Apr 5, 2016
3 posts
OldMarriedGuy wrote: Yes, yes and there's no average. Everyone is different. If you scored really high you wouldn't be in the pool for very long.

They called one reference and said it could take up to a year and half to get in. They say theres no expiry date when in the pool. Any chance they might not call at all?