WSIB Hiring Process - Eligibility Adjudicator

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2024 4:56 pm
Tags:
None
May 17, 2016
5 posts
8 upvotes
I submitted on 1st week of May, 2016 and was invited for telephone interview on 2nd week of May,2016. Now waiting to write the test on 3rd week of May, 2016.
Apr 14, 2016
7 posts
1 upvote
FELV7582 wrote: I submitted on 1st week of May, 2016 and was invited for telephone interview on 2nd week of May,2016. Now waiting to write the test on 3rd week of May, 2016.
Thank you. This was very helpful.
May 17, 2016
24 posts
12 upvotes
FELV7582 wrote: I submitted on 1st week of May, 2016 and was invited for telephone interview on 2nd week of May,2016. Now waiting to write the test on 3rd week of May, 2016.
Good luck! Where was your first choice if you don't mind me asking?
May 19, 2016
1 posts
Hi, does anyone know on average how long after the written submission that I should expect a response for an interview. I just submitted my essay yesterday, and I'm really anxious to know if I will be moving on.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2013
2341 posts
1489 upvotes
SimplyJulie wrote: Hi, does anyone know on average how long after the written submission that I should expect a response for an interview. I just submitted my essay yesterday, and I'm really anxious to know if I will be moving on.
You should hear back within a month.
May 17, 2016
5 posts
8 upvotes
Okrayn wrote: Good luck! Where was your first choice if you don't mind me asking?
I only had one choice and that is Toronto.
May 9, 2016
10 posts
1 upvote
Hey all, I am on the waitlist. Do you think it would be a good idea to follow up with one of the HR people who were in touch with me in the past? My reference was contacted about a month ago.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2013
2341 posts
1489 upvotes
Chocoffee wrote: Hey all, I am on the waitlist. Do you think it would be a good idea to follow up with one of the HR people who were in touch with me in the past? My reference was contacted about a month ago.
You can follow up with them but it won't change anything...
May 9, 2016
10 posts
1 upvote
Thanks OldMarriedGuy for all your replies. I find your posts helpful in navigating this recruitment process!
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2013
2341 posts
1489 upvotes
Chocoffee wrote: Thanks OldMarriedGuy for all your replies. I find your posts helpful in navigating this recruitment process!
My best advice is that if you're in the pool, just hang tight. You'll get a call eventually!
May 27, 2016
4 posts
Hi Old married guy, thank you so much for youe tips!! How do you know there's training happening this summer? I was told that training only happens when there's 10-15 spots that open up (for Toronto location) and so far they haven't reached that.

Also, do you know if HR would contact you first to request which reference you'd like contacted before training begins? I read above that they contact a second reference, and I'm not sure one of mine would be available. Or is the one typically sufficient?
May 17, 2016
5 posts
8 upvotes
Hi Everybody, I am invited for interview in person. does anybody knows as to how long would be the interview ? also the written assignment after the interview ,can anybody suggest, how to prepare for it?
May 27, 2016
4 posts
I'm not sure if my post sent, I am new to this Board..OldMarriedGuy, I was wondering how do you know there's training in Toronto over the next 3 months? I was added to the pool in April and told by HR that they will start training whenever there's 10-15 spots that open up for the EA position but right now they don't yet have that. So they're unsure when training will be.

Also, do you know if HR will request a 2nd reference check before training commences? They already checked one of my references which went well, and I was added to the list. Will they contact you again to let you know they will be contacting a 2nd reference AND ask who you would like to choose to be contacted? I ask because I'm not sure one of my ref's will be available. If you're familiar with the process pls let me know... would be much appreciated!!! Also I tried to private msg you but unsure how to do that... it's better to post publicly if you check here though so it may benefit others going through the process. Thanks again!!!
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2013
2341 posts
1489 upvotes
FELV7582 wrote: Hi Everybody, I am invited for interview in person. does anybody knows as to how long would be the interview ? also the written assignment after the interview ,can anybody suggest, how to prepare for it?
The interview is about an hour. The written portion about half an hour. The interview is standard scenario based or past experience questions.

The written assignment is a test of what you would in a certain situation with varying priorities. I can't say for sure what is on it exactly in that it may change from time to time. They give you all of the information you need on the test and it isn't really anything you would need to have prior knowledge about before the test.

It was also be unfair to the other applicants to give specific examples of what is on a test.

Good luck.
Feb 23, 2016
13 posts
2 upvotes
FELV7582 wrote: Hi Everybody, I am invited for interview in person. does anybody knows as to how long would be the interview ? also the written assignment after the interview ,can anybody suggest, how to prepare for it?

Its all behavioural style questions, similar to what oldmarriedguy just said and you cant really prepare for the written portion but its not rocket science either. You will simply prioritize everything and provide your rationale.
May 17, 2016
5 posts
8 upvotes
Thanks for your post. I agree with you about the unfairness. i am not looking for question but it does help to know the pattern and time of the interview as it helps to prepare better. thanks so much for the direction and guidance. much appreciated.
May 7, 2016
11 posts
1 upvote
Torontogirl84 wrote: I'm not sure if my post sent, I am new to this Board..OldMarriedGuy, I was wondering how do you know there's training in Toronto over the next 3 months? I was added to the pool in April and told by HR that they will start training whenever there's 10-15 spots that open up for the EA position but right now they don't yet have that. So they're unsure when training will be.

Also, do you know if HR will request a 2nd reference check before training commences? They already checked one of my references which went well, and I was added to the list. Will they contact you again to let you know they will be contacting a 2nd reference AND ask who you would like to choose to be contacted? I ask because I'm not sure one of my ref's will be available. If you're familiar with the process pls let me know... would be much appreciated!!! Also I tried to private msg you but unsure how to do that... it's better to post publicly if you check here though so it may benefit others going through the process. Thanks again!!!
I have been in the pool since April as well. I really hope they call soon. :(
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2013
2341 posts
1489 upvotes
cookie836 wrote: I have been in the pool since April as well. I really hope they call soon. :(
Keep waiting...that's not really that long considering how long some people have waited. There are classes coming up in the summer/fall.
Apr 28, 2016
4 posts
cookie836 wrote: I have been in the pool since April as well. I really hope they call soon. :(
I have been in the pool for almost 6 months now and no word yet.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2013
2341 posts
1489 upvotes
Torontogirl84 wrote: I'm not sure if my post sent, I am new to this Board..OldMarriedGuy, I was wondering how do you know there's training in Toronto over the next 3 months? I was added to the pool in April and told by HR that they will start training whenever there's 10-15 spots that open up for the EA position but right now they don't yet have that. So they're unsure when training will be.

Your profile doesn't accept private messaging, you disabled it so that's why I assume you can't send me any.

They would contact you prior to being hired to see if you're still interested and then ask which reference you would like to be contacted.

I am not and EA, nor do I work in HR but I am aware of the various training programs coming up, don't worry about that. If you don't beleive me, go through some of this thread. There was a huge class that got in March (double the regular size) so I'm assuming decisions are being made on whether that was a good idea or not.

As always guys, feel free to PM me with any questions. Be advised I cannot provide you with any specific advice or 'answers' that would provide you with any type of advantage over another candidate however.

Good luck everyone.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)