WSIB Hiring Process - Eligibility Adjudicator

• Last Updated:
  • May 26th, 2017 4:53 pm
Tags:
None
May 17, 2016
18 posts
10 upvotes
For ppl who are wondering why they haven't been contacted yet just remember that as candidates we are ranked based on scores received during the recruitment process and those who rank higher and/or have been on the list longest will be contacted first. So it's possible to have someone score higher than myself and placed on the list in July and be called before me even though I've been in the pool in May. Dont take it to heart because we all passed a very high threshold to become qualified candidates!
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2013
1214 posts
331 upvotes
Flieger wrote:
Jul 14th, 2016 3:44 pm
Yeah I just checked your post history. You were put on the list much earlier in June than me even though we started at the same time. I guess I'll have to wait another 6-8 months before my turn comes. I'm not sure why they made me wait longer than you to know if I made the list or not. Do you have any internal contacts within WSIB that got you involved in the hiring process or did you apply out of the blue like I did?

EDIT: Yeah something is fishy here I don't like it.

Here's the timeline for me:

Application: Late April
Phone Interview: First Week of May
Testing: Second Week of May
Written Assignment: Submitted weekend of Second week of May
Interview: Third Week of May
Notification that I made the list: Late June

Somehow you started this process later than me, had the interview later than me, yet I had to wait much longer than you to be notified that I was accepted and you got the job before me. Either the decision was made according to how high your test score was and you were deemed to be a higher potential candidate than me - which is fine... or someone somewhere made an arbitrary decision to exclude me from this round of hiring based on some sort of unknown reasons. How is it that the EA dept was too busy to reach a decision on whether I made the list, yet they weren't too busy to give you the OK around the SAME week that I was asking them about my case? The only conclusion I can come to is that while I met their requirements for hiring I had a lower overall test score than you did.

Nothing fishy. His scores were better. Not every person has the same talent acquisition consultant. That could contribute to a slight delay but people pulled from the pool are based on their scores only. Regardless of when you were placed in the pool, he was picked first as he scored hire. I think you're reading into things too much.
Jun 20, 2016
19 posts
5 upvotes
Ok that clears it up for me and I feel relieved. It's good to know it was just a test score thing. I'm just glad to be on the list either way. Is it difficult to get on the qualified candidates list? I felt like it wasn't too bad when I was going through the process. I actually quite enjoyed it.

Whether it's 1 month or 8 months from now I look forward to my turn and I can't wait to see what the future holds. I hope everyone here gets called someday too.
Jul 13, 2016
4 posts
2 upvotes
Out of 10 people that test, 4-5 will get an interview and 2 will be qualified.... on average. So if you made the cut you are at the top of the pack. I have very good knowledge of the process.
Nov 23, 2011
15 posts
1 upvote
Flieger wrote:
Jul 15th, 2016 5:50 pm
Ok that clears it up for me and I feel relieved. It's good to know it was just a test score thing. I'm just glad to be on the list either way. Is it difficult to get on the qualified candidates list? I felt like it wasn't too bad when I was going through the process. I actually quite enjoyed it.

Whether it's 1 month or 8 months from now I look forward to my turn and I can't wait to see what the future holds. I hope everyone here gets called someday too.
I would say it's somewhat difficult although that is mostly because of the process itself. Many good candidates never make it to the initial screening interview even with the proper qualifications.

Having been through the practicum recently, I would say it wasn't something I enjoyed or a cakewalk. While I found it pretty straightforward, I saw many from my class either fail out or have tremendous difficulty passing.
Jun 20, 2016
19 posts
5 upvotes
sting004 wrote:
Jul 16th, 2016 8:54 am
I would say it's somewhat difficult although that is mostly because of the process itself. Many good candidates never make it to the initial screening interview even with the proper qualifications.

Having been through the practicum recently, I would say it wasn't something I enjoyed or a cakewalk. While I found it pretty straightforward, I saw many from my class either fail out or have tremendous difficulty passing.
Do you have any tips for success or something I can practice on my own so I can stand a better chance of passing the practicum? I realize that having not been hired yet it's a little premature to be worrying about this at this stage but I still want a head start so I can do well later.

I'm guessing the primary challenge has to do with being able to handle a large workload and clear the target 5 claims per day... Right off the bat I'm guessing that some people probably make a phone call to one of the claimants they have on their list of priorities and then that person doesn't answer their phone so they stop and wait or hammer his phone to get a response.

I would probably organize the claims by date received and the level of priority they need and then call the first name on the list and if he isn't answering his phone I'll move to the next claimant and when I finish with him I'll return to the first again.

I'd also carefully document every single claim I've worked on complete with my own notes about why it might be taking so long or whether it's with the mentor for approval so that way I'm covered if I worked on it to the best of my ability but external circumstances kept me from hitting my targets.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2013
1214 posts
331 upvotes
Flieger wrote:
Jul 16th, 2016 12:37 pm
Do you have any tips for success or something I can practice on my own so I can stand a better chance of passing the practicum? I realize that having not been hired yet it's a little premature to be worrying about this at this stage but I still want a head start so I can do well later.

I'm guessing the primary challenge has to do with being able to handle a large workload and clear the target 5 claims per day... Right off the bat I'm guessing that some people probably make a phone call to one of the claimants they have on their list of priorities and then that person doesn't answer their phone so they stop and wait or hammer his phone to get a response.

I would probably organize the claims by date received and the level of priority they need and then call the first name on the list and if he isn't answering his phone I'll move to the next claimant and when I finish with him I'll return to the first again.

I'd also carefully document every single claim I've worked on complete with my own notes about why it might be taking so long or whether it's with the mentor for approval so that way I'm covered if I worked on it to the best of my ability but external circumstances kept me from hitting my targets.
Workload is high. Depending on the mentor, they could be particular about things. One of the goals is to hit 'day 0' contact 100% of the time. If you don't make and initial contact when you get the claim...there go your stats for the week. It doesn't matter what the circumstances are, you either have met your targets or you haven't (unless there was some technical error that make it impossible for you to hit your numbers such as system outages...etc).
Jun 5, 2016
2 posts
Hi Folks! Even though I had every single one of their requirements and the fact that I work as medical interviewer for an insurance company, I haven't even received a call back after the initial submission of my application in April sometime. I'm planning to reapply. However I haven't seen a new job posting for EA recently on the WSIB eRecruit page. Wondering if anyone here would know how to go about reapplying?
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2013
1214 posts
331 upvotes
Stateeagle33 wrote:
Jul 20th, 2016 10:39 am
Hi Folks! Even though I had every single one of their requirements and the fact that I work as medical interviewer for an insurance company, I haven't even received a call back after the initial submission of my application in April sometime. I'm planning to reapply. However I haven't seen a new job posting for EA recently on the WSIB eRecruit page. Wondering if anyone here would know how to go about reapplying?
You have to wait for a new posting.
Nov 10, 2015
48 posts
7 upvotes
Unionville, ON
Is the eligibility adjudicator now what was previously referred to as the case manager? If not what are the differences?
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2013
1214 posts
331 upvotes
RFDprincess wrote:
Jul 23rd, 2016 4:52 pm
Is the eligibility adjudicator now what was previously referred to as the case manager? If not what are the differences?
No. An eligibility adjudicator makes the I risk entitlement decision on whether a claim is allowed and in certain circumstances monitors the claim for up to 30 days for full recovery. A case manager deals with claims on a longer period of up to 6 mo the in the short term case manager role or from 6 months to a year in the long term case manager role. Case managers also work in specialized roles that deal with specific types of injuries that need specialized service.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2013
1214 posts
331 upvotes
PatioLanterns wrote:
Aug 8th, 2016 1:01 pm
Has been pretty quiet lately. Maybe people are on holidays ?
The next training class is in September. There's not much more than that update...
Jul 13, 2016
4 posts
2 upvotes
All of the offers for the Sept class have been made. There are no further classes planned for 2016 at this time. Hiring/training will be taking a pause to prepare for the new computer system implementation.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel