Careers

WSIB Hiring Process - Eligibility Adjudicator

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2024 4:56 pm
Tags:
None
Jan 8, 2018
19 posts
I was scheduled for an interview for today and i received an email saying it was cancelled!

Seriously disappointed!
Dec 26, 2011
15 posts
3 upvotes
YORK
thats so weird that they did that, I had my interview yesterday at front street... when did you apply? hopefully they will get back to you with an alternate date? good luck kenny001
Aug 13, 2017
20 posts
7 upvotes
Any other training dates coming up besides Feb 5?
P.S sorry to hear about those who had their interviews cancelled. :(
Sep 16, 2013
29 posts
4 upvotes
Kenny001 wrote: I was scheduled for an interview for today and i received an email saying it was cancelled!

Seriously disappointed!
Hi Kenny, sorry to hear that. I got the email earlier this week saying they were putting the process on hold. Did they tell you anything else? I am shocked to hear they scheduled your interview then cancelled it day of.
Apr 3, 2012
99 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
So great to find this forum! I had applied back in early December 2017 for this role. Got the assessment email within two weeks of applying. Got an interview invitation first week of January. Had my in person interview this week.

My question for those hired in this role is...they also called one of my references the day after my interview. is this a good sign? Should I have any hope of being place in a queue and/ or an offer? I really want this role. I think it's a good opportunity.
Jan 8, 2018
19 posts
Teddy2013 wrote: Hi Kenny, sorry to hear that. I got the email earlier this week saying they were putting the process on hold. Did they tell you anything else? I am shocked to hear they scheduled your interview then cancelled it day of.
Yup.. they cancelled on the day of my interview!
He said it's no fault of mine...they are cancelling all interviews UFN.
The managers are handling some unexpected issues and are unavailable.
That's all..
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2017
5182 posts
3058 upvotes
Question: For those applying to WSIB

- Where are you currently working now (or job field)?
- Do you want to work at WSIB solely because of the money?
- Where in your career are you (just starting/late/age bracket)?
- Are any of you interesting in working in any other private insurance fields?
Jan 31, 2018
6 posts
How do you land an interview???? I feel like I have a really solid resume but have not received a callback. anybody have tips/tricks to land a callback?? I've never been an adjudicator before, maybe that's why??
Nov 26, 2015
14 posts
5 upvotes
Psst! Hiring for the Case Management position (usually only internal) is posted externally right now...just sayin! (Closes March 22)
Jan 31, 2018
6 posts
errantlight wrote: Psst! Hiring for the Case Management position (usually only internal) is posted externally right now...just sayin! (Closes March 22)
is it worth applying? or do they normally hire case manager who have been adjudicators before?
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2013
2341 posts
1489 upvotes
errantlight wrote: Psst! Hiring for the Case Management position (usually only internal) is posted externally right now...just sayin! (Closes March 22)
Where do you see that? It’s not on their website or the Ontario Govt site.
Jan 31, 2018
6 posts
OldMarriedGuy wrote: Where do you see that? It’s not on their website or the Ontario Govt site.
its on both. its on the WSIB career posting part of their website & on the OPS (Ontario Public Service) job site as well
Feb 1, 2018
1 posts
Any updates on the EA recruitment hold?? Does anyone know of any future training classes that are going to take place?
Aug 13, 2017
20 posts
7 upvotes
I would also like to know that as well. Are the interviews just on hold or has training been placed on hold as well?
Nov 26, 2015
14 posts
5 upvotes
MaryWoo123 wrote: is it worth applying? or do they normally hire case manager who have been adjudicators before?
Definitely worth applying for, normally this position is fed almost exclusively from internal EA's. It's the next step up (and pretty much the highest paygrade attainable in the regional offices anyhow). I have no idea how they're planning on recruiting/training, as it would be quite a substantial learning curve "off the street", but if you can avoid the EA step, do it!!!
Sep 11, 2017
24 posts
8 upvotes
They have classes scheduled every month until july. If you apply off the street for case manager, it's unlikely you will pass your training and practicum due to the difficulty of the subject matter.
Jan 31, 2018
6 posts
Alan4563 wrote: They have classes scheduled every month until july. If you apply off the street for case manager, it's unlikely you will pass your training and practicum due to the difficulty of the subject matter.
ahhhh ok ok thanks for the heads up. i will still apply but will def keep an eye out for EA postings so i can apply to those and hopefully have a better shot. *fingers crossed*
Feb 3, 2018
8 posts
1 upvote
I've applied for a different position with WSIB then the EA - but I have question(s) related to hiring. I've done the testing, was called in for an interview immediately, asked for 3 references. One of the 3 was called and emailed. They didn't respond right away so they contacted another reference. They answered and call went well (according to reference). By the time the initial reference responded they replied with "we've already spoken to another reference and no longer need to speak with you at this time". Is that a bad thing??? I do know there are concerns I am over qualified for the position.

Also - it's been a week since they spoke with the second reference, a week and a half since interview. How long of a wait have most of you experienced between reference check and finding out if they will extend an offer or not? This is an open position so there won't be placing into a pool (I don't even know if they have pools of qualified applicants for this position). I'm assuming it's a yes or no answer.

What is generally the process with WSIB in drawing up an offer? Are there multiple people involved in this process that it ends up being lengthy?

Thanks everyone! Smiling Face With Open Mouth

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)