• Sep 22nd, 2017 1:23 am
Tags:
None
Jul 9, 2017
7 posts
JohnE963 wrote:
Jul 13th, 2017 8:03 am
Hi everyone.

I applied in May 2017. I got an email to do a test one week ago. It was 79 minutes and i could do it at home. I understand that for most people it was phone interview, test/listening, essay,panel interview, pool....

I guess this time they are doing it differently. In any case....
I got invited to do the test on Friday, July 7, 2017.
Did my test on Tuesday, July 11.
Got an email (Wednesday, July 12) that i passed and they want to schedule a phone interview (10-15 minutes) with me...
Hi John,

Might I ask you which was your preferred location/office?
Apr 16, 2015
125 posts
24 upvotes
North York
Burning1101 wrote:
Jul 13th, 2017 11:21 am
Hi John,

Might I ask you which was your preferred location/office?
Toronto.

It also depends on the hr employees right. Not everyone has the same person that contacts him/her.

Maybe mine was just faster :) Did you answer all of the questions? How do you think you did on each part? I heard from others that it is important to answer all questions, even if you answer it wrong.

I'd say i got 60% minimum on the first part...Didn't have time to answer one question. I would say i got 80% on the second, i answered all with 3 minutes time left....And the third prolly 95% minimum (it was super easy and i had one minute left).

Those are just my estimates though....
Jul 9, 2017
7 posts
JohnE963 wrote:
Jul 13th, 2017 8:33 pm
Toronto.

It also depends on the hr employees right. Not everyone has the same person that contacts him/her.

Maybe mine was just faster :) Did you answer all of the questions? How do you think you did on each part? I heard from others that it is important to answer all questions, even if you answer it wrong.

I'd say i got 60% minimum on the first part...Didn't have time to answer one question. I would say i got 80% on the second, i answered all with 3 minutes time left....And the third prolly 95% minimum (it was super easy and i had one minute left).

Those are just my estimates though....

I hope you're right. But at this point I'm rapidly losing hope Neutral Face

Tbh the first part really threw me off and I did poorly. Maybe not even 50%. Lol.
I certainly did a lot better in the other 2 sections.

Oh well. If not this time around, I can always try again in the next year or 2 maybe Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Apr 16, 2015
125 posts
24 upvotes
North York
Hey, you never know. Ihave read this forum and glassdoor before doing the test, so i kind of knew what to expect and prepared beforehand. But still...the amouny of time that they give you...it is not enough...
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2013
1357 posts
398 upvotes
JohnE963 wrote:
Jul 14th, 2017 10:25 am
Hey, you never know. Ihave read this forum and glassdoor before doing the test, so i kind of knew what to expect and prepared beforehand. But still...the amouny of time that they give you...it is not enough...
That's the whole purpose of the test :)
Apr 16, 2015
125 posts
24 upvotes
North York
Oldmarriedguy: Yeah..it makes sense.

Phone interview went great. Got invited for another test next wednesday.
Jul 9, 2017
7 posts
JohnE963 wrote:
Jul 14th, 2017 12:03 pm
Oldmarriedguy: Yeah..it makes sense.

Phone interview went great. Got invited for another test next wednesday.
Oh nice!!
Well all the best for the (2nd) test!
Jul 13, 2017
4 posts
Leask
JohnE963 wrote:
Jul 13th, 2017 8:03 am
Hi everyone.

I applied in May 2017. I got an email to do a test one week ago. It was 79 minutes and i could do it at home. I understand that for most people it was phone interview, test/listening, essay,panel interview, pool....

I guess this time they are doing it differently. In any case....
I got invited to do the test on Friday, July 7, 2017.
Did my test on Tuesday, July 11.
Got an email (Wednesday, July 12) that i passed and they want to schedule a phone interview (10-15 minutes) with me...
Congrats on moving to the next stage. What sorts of questions did they ask you on the 79 minute test? Thanks!
Apr 18, 2016
10 posts
2 upvotes
Obi Wan wrote:
Jul 13th, 2017 2:47 pm
That's what I thought, but I didn't even get the initial email inviting me to complete the online form that others here received a couple weeks ago (already checked junk/spam and its not there). The only other thing that I can think of is that they send the initial email out in waves as recruiters slowly make their way through all of the applicants.
I think perhaps the skills and experience you are attempting to display are not congruent with what they are looking for. They want to know about telephone work, clerical duties, customer service and de-escalation, following policies and procedures, etc...
Jul 13, 2017
4 posts
Leask
superseupar wrote:
Jul 7th, 2017 6:54 pm
i just got an email from Wsib for the assessment of EA role. The email is asking me to click on a link and start a 79 minutes assessment. Can anyone please inform me if WSIB has changed the hiring process for this role and what can I expect in this assessment?
How did it go? I'm wondering what type of questions I might encounter when I take the test. Thank you!
Apr 16, 2015
125 posts
24 upvotes
North York
JacqueL662074 wrote:
Jul 14th, 2017 8:37 pm
Congrats on moving to the next stage. What sorts of questions did they ask you on the 79 minute test? Thanks!
First part was logical questions. Nothing complicated but with limited time it was hard. Second part, knowledge of English...there was an article and you needed to find the main idea...Third, matching information...Again with limited time, it could be quite challenging.
Jul 13, 2017
4 posts
Leask
JohnE963 wrote:
Jul 15th, 2017 10:22 pm
First part was logical questions. Nothing complicated but with limited time it was hard. Second part, knowledge of English...there was an article and you needed to find the main idea...Third, matching information...Again with limited time, it could be quite challenging.
Thank you for being so generous with your knowledge. It is much appreciated. :-)
Apr 16, 2015
125 posts
24 upvotes
North York
Wrote a test today at 9:00 am. It was a listening test (super easy) + Watson Glasow test (thanks to previous posts, i knew about this type of test, was able to practice it online and i do not think it was tough....Not as easy as listening test though). They said test results will be available very soon, couple of days, no more. Will keep you posted!
Jun 20, 2016
53 posts
7 upvotes
What's the news down the grapevine? When do the calls for September training start?
Jul 19, 2017
7 posts
Hi there

I just completed a critical thinking test yday (July 19th) and got the call for an interview next week. They also said there is a work sample I'm assuming it's a written test. Can anyone please provide more detail?