• Apr 26th, 2017 1:18 pm
[OP]
Jun 15, 2011
38369 posts
5515 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Trader Score: 85 (100% Positive)

WTB: Sony A Mount DSLR - Not more than $350

Looking to buy a used and reasonable condition Sony A mount DSLR body. If you have the kit lens or selling as a bundle that's an added perk.

Looking for along the lines of the Sony A300 or SLT-A33. I have the A5000 but I don't want to break the bank to get an adapter, so I can use the DT SAL1118 A mount lens.

I live in Richmond Hill and I am not looking to travel far. PM me price, pics, condition, any other details.

Thanks!
The One and Only and Proud to be an Indian.
If I helped in any way, click that cool little "Thanks" button.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
3162 posts
792 upvotes
Canada
Trader Score: 14 (100% Positive)
djemzine wrote:
Apr 19th, 2017 6:53 pm
Looking to buy a used and reasonable condition Sony A mount DSLR body. If you have the kit lens or selling as a bundle that's an added perk.

Looking for along the lines of the Sony A300 or SLT-A33. I have the A5000 but I don't want to break the bank to get an adapter, so I can use the DT SAL1118 A mount lens.

I live in Richmond Hill and I am not looking to travel far. PM me price, pics, condition, any other details.

Thanks!
You can't buy an a-mount to e-mount adapter for $350? I know canon to sony metabones cost a lot but I thought sony to sony were less.
Be a nice person and enjoy life

My feedback: Heatware Redflagdeals
[OP]
Jun 15, 2011
38369 posts
5515 upvotes
Richmond Hill
fatestkid wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 11:27 am
You can't buy an a-mount to e-mount adapter for $350? I know canon to sony metabones cost a lot but I thought sony to sony were less.
They range from $185 to $450. I tried out the Sony LA-EA1, and Sony has a firmware update to allow auto focus. However the LA-EA1 firmware update was not compatible with my A5000. The LA-EA3 is a replacement for the LA-EA1.

The only one I can go for is the LA-EA4 which offers auto focus and exposure, but that is $450 + taxes. So I told myself, if I can find a used A mount DSLR for the $350 mark, I can use my lens without any problem. That I prefer the view finder, where the A5000 doesn't have a view finder. I probably made the mistake if trading in my camera and a bunch of other lenses + external flash ugh lol.
Mar 21, 2010
3162 posts
792 upvotes
Canada
Trader Score: 14 (100% Positive)
djemzine wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 5:29 pm
They range from $185 to $450. I tried out the Sony LA-EA1, and Sony has a firmware update to allow auto focus. However the LA-EA1 firmware update was not compatible with my A5000. The LA-EA3 is a replacement for the LA-EA1.

The only one I can go for is the LA-EA4 which offers auto focus and exposure, but that is $450 + taxes. So I told myself, if I can find a used A mount DSLR for the $350 mark, I can use my lens without any problem. That I prefer the view finder, where the A5000 doesn't have a view finder. I probably made the mistake if trading in my camera and a bunch of other lenses + external flash ugh lol.
That's a tough situation to be in. I'm a Canon shooter but I do have Sony a second camera and I was torn between a5100 for its touch screen and a6000 for viewfinder. Ended up picking the a6000.

I don't know if I personally would want to go back in sensor technology though. The a6000 sensor produces excellent raw files and easily beats Canon rebel range. The alpha DSLRs you mentioned seem to be fairly old as well but you can probably pick one up for cheap.
Be a nice person and enjoy life

My feedback: Heatware Redflagdeals
[OP]
Jun 15, 2011
38369 posts
5515 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Bump.
Jun 15, 2011
38369 posts
5515 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Bump
Jun 15, 2011
38369 posts
5515 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Bump