Entertainment

WTF is Counterstrike "Source" and all that bs????

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 17th, 2004 6:16 pm
Tags:
None
Banned
Jul 13, 2003
5232 posts
7 upvotes

WTF is Counterstrike "Source" and all that bs????

What is it?? I have no clue what it is. So is it a new release of CS? Add-on? Better graphics?? Do I have to buy it? Free download???

Info!

Tonx.
"It's a case of mind over matter. I don't mind, and you don't matter" - Bret Hart
14 replies
Deal Guru
Oct 14, 2003
14325 posts
1241 upvotes
CS based on the HL2 engine.
Science
is the new
rock 'n'
roll.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 18, 2003
6288 posts
10 upvotes
Waterloo
Source is the new engine being used for Half Life 2.

CS:Source is the old CS, being re-released running on the new engine. So it'll most likely be mostly gameplay,physics,etc improvements. But I haven't tried it yet.

And it's not free to download. You have to buy Half Life 2 to be able to download it.
Banned
Jul 13, 2003
5232 posts
7 upvotes
blah that sucks...
"It's a case of mind over matter. I don't mind, and you don't matter" - Bret Hart
Oct 19, 2002
625 posts
46 upvotes
Vancouver
if you haven't checked out the screenshots yet, go check them out. the graphics are amazing compared to the old CS. who would think they even made barrels roll around when you shoot at them. or cans go flying off the wall when shot at.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2001
9475 posts
1610 upvotes
CS:Source is pretty cool. What's got me kinda 'jazzed' up is HL1:Source :) I think that speaks for itself... :)
...zzz...zzz...zzz...

www.heatware.com
Aug 11, 2003
236 posts
4 upvotes
Summerland, BC
CS:Source is pretty good but I've found that there are serious drops in frame rate due to firefights or too many people on the screen. I'll drop from 60 to 30 in a big battle and that is hard to play. It sucks when a nub with a good computer is kicking everyones ass because he's the only one not lagging. I'm sure they'll refine things a bit in the near future.
Jul 16, 2004
385 posts
you now have an idea about my problem as I play with a 8mb on board card lol
"God is my favourite fictional character" :cheesygri
Aug 11, 2003
236 posts
4 upvotes
Summerland, BC
ForthEarlingas wrote:you now have an idea about my problem as I play with a 8mb on board card lol
LOL, yes that is very true. I have a ti4200 128 meg and I lowered all the settings to the lowest possible and I still lag. Only thing left is to go to 640x480 screen size.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
4865 posts
188 upvotes
GTA
sleepyguy wrote:CS:Source is pretty cool. What's got me kinda 'jazzed' up is HL1:Source :) I think that speaks for itself... :)
I'm with you, dude. I've never been big on CounterSuck, but HL1 Source would be cool. I'd get excited about TFC:Source, too. :)

PS - Barton03, why would you advertise how to steal a game?
Rock it.
Aug 25, 2004
203 posts
HL1: Source? Are you people kidding me? It's called Counter-Strike, sans Source.

And if you download from newsgroups, you can get Source for free... but you can only play against the bots. No line support unless you subscribe to Steam.
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2001
18145 posts
1741 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
I checked out CS:Source. I like it. I'm not totally convinced that the Source Engine is "all that", but... we'll see, in a month or so.
Aug 5, 2003
47 posts
ETF-Commando wrote:HL1: Source? Are you people kidding me? It's called Counter-Strike, sans Source.

And if you download from newsgroups, you can get Source for free... but you can only play against the bots. No line support unless you subscribe to Steam.

There IS HL1: Source
Work is a thing that you plunge in so hard and yet only trying to get out of it.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2003
2327 posts
226 upvotes
Toronto
i hate cs. i wasted two years on it.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
4865 posts
188 upvotes
GTA
ETF-Commando wrote:HL1: Source? Are you people kidding me? It's called Counter-Strike, sans Source.
As PSi noted, the orignal HalfLife was also ported over to the Source engine. I'm not kidding you.
Rock it.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)