Montreal, QC

Costco.ca - Karaoke USA Machine GF758 - $199.99

Deal Link:
Price:
Expiry:
December 31, 2018
Retailer:
www.Costco.ca
Me and my family are big karaoke buffs. I picked up this machine from costco.ca and my mom loves it!!!

easy to setup, great sound, uses all the formats that my mom has.

Very decent price!
Images
  • imageService.jpeg
16 replies
Jul 28, 2010
525 posts
204 upvotes
How do these work in terms of songs, do you have to pay for them? Looking for a cheap karaoke setup.
Jun 20, 2010
898 posts
463 upvotes
BlueLightSpecial wrote:
Dec 20th, 2018 12:35 am
How do these work in terms of songs, do you have to pay for them? Looking for a cheap karaoke setup.
Plug your microphone to an amp then play karaoke videos on YouTube.
Sep 7, 2009
133 posts
22 upvotes
Calgary
ca_gascon wrote:
Dec 20th, 2018 12:52 am
Sounds pretty familiar... Great idea though tried and tested :)
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2005
3742 posts
683 upvotes
Many amps don't accept microphone input (too weak). Could anyone recommend a cheap+good mixer that has "echo" effects?
signature closed for renovation
Nov 23, 2017
121 posts
185 upvotes
Brampton, Ontario
ca_gascon wrote:
That's what we do now! I owned a karaoke machine previously that came with a big binder of songs to select from. The songs became (obviously) outdated over time.

Now we just plug a mic into a guitar amp, turn on the TV, Chromecast YouTube, hunt for karaoke versions of any song we want, and go crazy! Way easier to control on a phone or tablet.
Jul 28, 2010
525 posts
204 upvotes
ca_gascon wrote:
Thanks. How much for a mic and amp? Should I just buy the $150 Costco karaoke machine and use it this way? It has voice effects and auto tune but I imagine the latter would need their track to work. I like that I can plug a guitar into it as well.

EDIT:. This one from Costco:. Your text to link here.... Seen in store for $149.97
Jun 20, 2010
898 posts
463 upvotes
BlueLightSpecial wrote:
Dec 21st, 2018 1:18 am
Thanks. How much for a mic and amp? Should I just buy the $150 Costco karaoke machine and use it this way? It has voice effects and auto tune but I imagine the latter would need their track to work. I like that I can plug a guitar into it as well.

EDIT:. This one from Costco:. Your text to link here.... Seen in store for $149.97
If you are not much of a music buff like my family is and would just want to enjoy belting it out on the occasional karaoke party, then a dedicated machine would be sufficient for you. Setting up your own system would definitely cost more - $30 for a microphone, $100 amp, another $150 for a mixer - but cheaper on the second hand market. Here's the upside to your own system - a decent microphone and amp would essentially last forever (and sound better) and you essentially get unlimited songs on YouTube.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
3945 posts
130 upvotes
Markham
Buy this mini portable mixer with 2 wireless mics, hook it up to your music system and connect your mobile with BT to it. Great value for the money!
"ARCHEER VHF Bluetooth Microphone System Mini Portable Singing Mixer Karaoke Machine with Dual Wireless Handheld Microphones for Smart Phone/iPad /PC and Other Bluetooth-Enable Devices"
Heres the link:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01NCP ... UTF8&psc=1
Jul 28, 2010
525 posts
204 upvotes
to_munda wrote:
Dec 21st, 2018 3:39 pm
Buy this mini portable mixer with 2 wireless mics, hook it up to your music system and connect your mobile with BT to it. Great value for the money!
"ARCHEER VHF Bluetooth Microphone System Mini Portable Singing Mixer Karaoke Machine with Dual Wireless Handheld Microphones for Smart Phone/iPad /PC and Other Bluetooth-Enable Devices"
Heres the link:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01NCP ... UTF8&psc=1
Thanks, looks like the option for me. Not in time for Christmas though.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2004
1635 posts
171 upvotes
ca_gascon wrote:
Dec 21st, 2018 2:02 am
If you are not much of a music buff like my family is and would just want to enjoy belting it out on the occasional karaoke party, then a dedicated machine would be sufficient for you. Setting up your own system would definitely cost more - $30 for a microphone, $100 amp, another $150 for a mixer - but cheaper on the second hand market. Here's the upside to your own system - a decent microphone and amp would essentially last forever (and sound better) and you essentially get unlimited songs on YouTube.
Does YouTube show the lyrics?
Sep 3, 2002
880 posts
325 upvotes
GTA
cstriker045 wrote:
Dec 21st, 2018 4:26 am
Honestly, something like this + iPad would be better unless you want your music super loud. Friend bought it and it's great. Way simpler to just youtube a song and connect it to bluetooth.

https://www.amazon.ca/TOSING-Wireless-B ... GNBQSNTWMJ
I bought this for my kids and I tried it out to see what it was like. It's not that good. The mic is directly on the top, you can't sing in the side. Any movement away from the top and the singer just drops off in volume. The echo is crazy, you have to turn the mic down ALL the way at which point you barely hear it, so you turn it up a bit more and accept the fake chorus effect of the echo. Really I just wanted a wireless mic most of the time, and the computer and AV would power everything else, but I've yet to actually achieve that. This one has a Micro SD card so it can have the songs without anything connected. Primecables has a cheaper one without the SD card. This one from Amazon was $30 on a lightning deal during Black Friday. I will likely return it, but we'll see.
Sep 3, 2002
880 posts
325 upvotes
GTA
iamdman wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2018 4:51 pm
Does YouTube show the lyrics?
If you are looking at karaoke versions, yes. They're not singing to the music videos. Which usually means the music is a recreation and not the original.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
8447 posts
1556 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I'm just using the PS2 USB Singstar microphones connected to a laptop.
Can be found for cheap, there's even a wireless version
Even on Amazon it's like $40 for a pair

https://www.amazon.ca/Singstar-80s-Bund ... 000V4XC1O/

Enable "Listen to this device", the delay alone adds some echo already lol, or find a flash website that does echo effects and/or use DSP effects on your receiver.

Play karaoke YouTube videos.