Expired Hot Deals

[Reach] www.FastLife.ca (Canadian speed dating) - 50% off all events (holiday special)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 19th, 2013 9:38 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4904 posts
747 upvotes

[Reach] www.FastLife.ca (Canadian speed dating) - 50% off all events (holiday special)

More offers from Reach

General information about how speed dating works: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_dating

Go to http://www.fastlife.ca to see what events are being offered in your city and the normal prices (prices vary per city).

To register, create an account and see if the 50% slashed prices appear for you. They didn't for me. So I called their office to register instead, which was painless. Phone and e-mail info below:

Email: info@fastlife.com

Phone: 1-800-406-0832 (9am - 6pm EST, Monday to Friday)

No mention about when this limited time offer expires. I originally received this notification e-mail on Sunday December 23, but couldn't reach anyone in the office to register until yesterday (Thursday December 27) due to the holidays. They still honoured the 50% off promotion and I'd expect nothing less, given this company is quite a big international player in the speed dating scene and they are typically the first Google search result for "<your city> speed dating". I have done three events with them so far and enjoyed every one of them. In fact, I'm attending one of these 50% off events tonight too. :lol: I can report back in this thread for those who may be interested, but pardon me if I don't want to turn it into a locker room discussion. Gotta be a gentleman. ;)

Enjoy!
86 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4904 posts
747 upvotes
Just got back from my discounted event tonight and had a blast as usual. Male "competition" is usually a non-issue considering I try to groom myself well, dress sharp, and try to be the most lively and memorable guy the girls will meet.

Normally FastLife sends you an e-mail containing your matches the next morning, but I just received mine the same night. Holy fast turnaround time, Batman.

I got five matches out of the total nine or ten girls that were present. Gonna be a busy Saturday morning writing each one of them a nice e-mail. :lol: I'm super glad I wrote down quick notes for each girl this time, as the first time I went, I relied solely on my shoddy memory which amalgamated two girls together into one, making for a VERY awkward first date (I confused her with the awesome other girl) from which I could not recover, and consequently I never saw her again. :lol:
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2009
1100 posts
75 upvotes
What is the cost of the event for the cities in Ontario (Toronto vs Hamilton or London)? I personally don't want to register and find out the cost, if the cost of the is $1000 and even with 50% off making it $500, it still wouldn't be worth it.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2012
2585 posts
312 upvotes
Ontario
Sounds quite interesting
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4904 posts
747 upvotes
Heavens, no, nowhere near $1000, thank goodness. I'd have depleted my bank account by now if that were the case, and there's no way girls will pony up $1k to meet 10-12 men in an evening. :lol:

Here's the list of all their current events in all Canadian cities to get a feel of their themes and prices: http://www.fastlife.ca/speed-dating-sin ... index.html Knock 50% off the list price for your holiday discounted price.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4904 posts
747 upvotes
Okay, that was a hilarious post, but to be sincere and honest, I have found that looks don't matter as much as I thought they would. Even for a superficial bastard like me, I find that I am saying yes to girls who are average on looks but absolutely off the scale on personality/humour. And that's saying a lot given I'm a guy and we're biologically wired to look for physical attraction first and foremost.

I'm no prize in the looks department but I make sure I do dress my best when I go. Girls don't have time to formulate superficial thoughts about me by the time I saunter to their table and engage them in charming/funny/flirty conversation.
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2009
1100 posts
75 upvotes
Do they enforce the age in the events? For all the events, the lowest age for males is 25, do people who are like 22-24 stand a chance at these events? What are the average of the age of the women?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4904 posts
747 upvotes
I think the ages are suggestions to target a specific demographic and "soft-ensure" that you'll meet people who are relatively within your age bracket (no perverted cradle robbers, for example). However, psychologically, it DOES filter me out if I see an event tailored for 40+ year old men because I am absolutely nowhere near that. Obviously I won't register for those. :lol:

Typical age ranges are set for women to be minus two years from the men. For example, an event might be 29-39 year old men, and the corresponding age of women for that event would be 27-37.

I have no idea of the precise ages of the women who are actually there. I never ask (gentleman's rule). However, they do look their suggested age range, so the system must be working well. Tonight my event was 22-32 year old women, and some of the girls were university students. I can usually steer the conversation to find out where they are in life (not difficult) and from there I infer their age.

Age, along with looks of the women, is something that I found became a lot less relevant in the speed dating world compared to, say, a bar/club scene.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 18, 2003
6267 posts
58 upvotes
Etobicoke
Do they automatically assume that participants are single? Or do they verify marital status? If so, how do they do that? Also, do they verify financial background? I assume ppl on RFD, like me, are cheap and this could be potentially embarrassing. How do I know ahead of time if the girls are not already on RFD and are only there because they only have to pay 1/2 price?
Apr 13, 2012
333 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
do they guarantee a certain number of the opposite sex will be at the event? and do they limit it to a certain number? also, are they all 1-on-1 dates?

i have to say i'm way to shy to attend one of these events, but then again, i've been buying quite a bit of dressier clothing the past month or so and i could put them to good use :lol:
Apr 13, 2012
333 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
eelfliw wrote:
Dec 29th, 2012 12:21 am
i assume ppl on rfd, like me, are cheap and this could be potentially embarrassing.
:lol:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4904 posts
747 upvotes
Yes, they assume participants are single. They do not verify marital status. One girl I met tonight (who ended up being one of my matches) says her sister took her to her first speed dating event some time ago, but the sister was really just moral support and was already with someone. When that sister met each guy round-robin style, she immediately disclosed that she was there for moral support. Yes, it's unfair to the guys who pay money with the hopes that they are meeting eligible single women, but there is no stopping anyone from attending and participating.

Related point... some people think it's fun to go and troll these events. Admittedly, I come in with a silly, semi-trolling stance of no expectations, which seems to work a LOT more effectively in my situation as it allows me to relax, joke around, have fun, tease, and flirt without any pressure, compared to when my strategy was to come in heavy-handed, intense, suave, going in for the kill, seducer's attitude. I AM single AND actively looking, so I'm not being dishonest... but I'm not fully trolling girls along with false hope just because I go in light and fun. So they can't verify or keep full trolls out either.

No verification of financial background. This isn't formal matchmaking. If you pay the attendance fee, you're good to go. The girls openly admit they used Groupons and took advantage of the holiday deal for 50% off, at which point I whip out my Groupon from my suit jacket pocket and show them we're both equally frugal minded. There's multiple avenues for getting discounts so not everyone who goes may have been browsing RFD for this thread. Finances, I find, are a non-issue, and not embarrassing. I openly tell girls I live in my mom's basement, eating Cheetos and drinking beer in front of the computer, only getting dolled up and shaving my legs to come out tonight... and they just laugh along.

There's very little embarrassment, except for when I amalgamated two girls together and went out on a date with the less awesome one and brought up details of my conversation with the more awesome one. Nice going, me. :lol:

No way to tell if who you're meeting is an RFDer. Why not bring it up in conversation? "Have you heard of this awesome shopping/dealhunting website called RedFlagDeals?" Sure beats the life out of the mundane, boring questions, like "What do you do for work?", "What is your aunt Mildred's middle name?" and other worthless and insincere questions like that. ;)
Deal Addict
May 14, 2012
2585 posts
312 upvotes
Ontario
CanadaGooseForumAdmin wrote:
Dec 29th, 2012 12:37 am
Yes, they assume participants are single. They do not verify marital status. One girl I met tonight (who ended up being one of my matches) says her sister took her to her first speed dating event some time ago, but the sister was really just moral support and was already with someone. When that sister met each guy round-robin style, she immediately disclosed that she was there for moral support. Yes, it's unfair to the guys who pay money with the hopes that they are meeting eligible single women, but there is no stopping anyone from attending and participating.

Related point... some people think it's fun to go and troll these events. Admittedly, I come in with a silly, semi-trolling stance of no expectations, which seems to work a LOT more effectively in my situation as it allows me to relax, joke around, have fun, tease, and flirt without any pressure, compared to when my strategy was to come in heavy-handed, intense, suave, going in for the kill, seducer's attitude. I AM single AND actively looking, so I'm not being dishonest... but I'm not fully trolling girls along with false hope just because I go in light and fun. So they can't verify or keep full trolls out either.

No verification of financial background. This isn't formal matchmaking. If you pay the attendance fee, you're good to go. The girls openly admit they used Groupons and took advantage of the holiday deal for 50% off, at which point I whip out my Groupon from my suit jacket pocket and show them we're both equally frugal minded. There's multiple avenues for getting discounts so not everyone who goes may have been browsing RFD for this thread. Finances, I find, are a non-issue, and not embarrassing. I openly tell girls I live in my mom's basement, eating Cheetos and drinking beer in front of the computer, only getting dolled up and shaving my legs to come out tonight... and they just laugh along.

There's very little embarrassment, except for when I amalgamated two girls together and went out on a date with the less awesome one and brought up details of my conversation with the more awesome one. Nice going, me. :lol:

No way to tell if who you're meeting is an RFDer. Why not bring it up in conversation? "Have you heard of this awesome shopping/dealhunting website called RedFlagDeals?" Sure beats the life out of the mundane, boring questions, like "What do you do for work?", "What is your aunt Mildred's middle name?" and other worthless and insincere questions like that. ;)
After reading this I might as well go for troll :lol:
× < >