Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
geekbuying/walmart

Xiaomi Mi Box 4k International Version Pre-Order

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 18th, 2017 9:58 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2008
1078 posts
324 upvotes
Mississauga, ON

Xiaomi Mi Box 4k International Version Pre-Order

Deal Link:
Price:
$69
Retailer:
geekbuying/walmart
**Update - See Post #39 - Spotted on the shelves at Walmart in the US for $69.99. Should be released in Canada shortly, so do NOT buy from geekbuying.com lol Thanks to user BobSagget**

The hotly anticipated (by me) Android 6.0 TV box from Xiaomi is available for pre-order at Geekbuying. Unlike the dozens of Android boxes you see, this will run the official Android TV OS (similar to the Nexus Player). What this means is you'll be able to stream in 4k and FHD using apps such as Netflix. Also supports HDR for those who have or plan to purchase an HDR-ready tv. Pre-sale price is $99 USD or $133 CAD according to Geekbuying.com's exchange. Subscribe to their newsletter to get 4% off sitewide.

Estimated release is September 30, 2016. This is the only other alternative to the pricier Nvidia Shield to get Android TV and true Netflix HD.

Here are the specs according to the website:
Specification

General
Brand XIAOMI
Color Black
Material PC
System
Operating System Android TV 6.0 Marshmallow
CPU Quad-core Cortex-A53 2.0GHz
GPU Mali 450 750MHz
RAM 2GB DDR3
ROM 8GB eMMC
Communication
Wifi Connectivity 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, Dual-band Wi-Fi 2.4GHz/5GHz
Bluetooth Bluetooth 4.0
Camera N/A
Media
Video Supported
VP9 Profile-2 up to 4K x 2K @ 60fps
H.265 HEVC MP-10 at L5.1, up to 4K x 2K at 60fps
H.264 AVC HPat L5.1, up to 4K x 2K at 30fps
H.264 MVC, up to 1080P at 60fps
Supports HDR10/HLG HDR processing (software upgrade required)
Audio Supported DTS 2.0+ Digital Out, Dolby Digital Plus
Up to 7.1 pass through
Picture Supported MP3,APE,FLAC,ACC,OGG
Resolution Up to 4K 60fps
Interfaces
HDMI Port HDMI 2.0a x 1 port (HDCP 2.2)
Other Interfaces USB 2.0*1;HDMI2.0*1;AV*1;DC In*1;RJ45*1
Other Features
3G N/A
Other Function Supported languages: English, Chinese
Power 5.2V, 2.1A
Dimension & Weight (Main Product)
Dimension 101 x 101 x19.5mm
Weight 176.5g
Package Contents
1 x TV box
1 x Remote control (Bluetooth voice remote control, powered by 2 AAA batteries)
1 x HDMI cable
1 x Power adapter (A right AC Adapter will be sent as your shipping country)
1 x User manual
Last edited by l2iceman on Oct 13th, 2016 6:57 am, edited 3 times in total.
Thread Summary
Xiaomi Android TV box, 4k and HDR ready.
294 replies
Apr 9, 2012
425 posts
179 upvotes
anyone know if this could be a plex server?
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2007
1983 posts
794 upvotes
Kitchener
what does international version mean? Does this mean that it has a different voltage, ie EU?
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2008
1078 posts
324 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
It should as it's loaded with official Android TV
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2003
1004 posts
399 upvotes
White Rock, BC
Been waiting a while for this.
Apr 5, 2012
368 posts
254 upvotes
RICHMOND
peelhic wrote: what does international version mean? Does this mean that it has a different voltage, ie EU?
Most likely means language will be in english for the OSD, at least that's how it with their other products.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2009
1100 posts
690 upvotes
giju wrote: anyone know if this could be a plex server?
Highly doubt it. You'd need a Shield for that.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2004
4638 posts
799 upvotes
Toronto
That's **** expensive,it's S905 chip inside,even though it's brand named box,still too much.
Heatware

Go Portugal Go
Dec 3, 2013
19 posts
19 upvotes
Well it still run Kodi/Exodus? My understanding was that Netflix wasn't going to allow anyone to use the HD version unless you had a pretty little walled garden hence why none of the other Android boxes out there have access to it.
Jul 29, 2013
4 posts
I couldn't tell from the specs but will this play 4k content from a USB hdd? I have a lot home videos.
May 11, 2009
705 posts
279 upvotes
2gb ram? The specs say this box is worth $35.
Dec 16, 2006
115 posts
90 upvotes
Edmonton
This box is closer to the Nexus player, but 4k. It does Netflix properly, while the knock off boxes don't. I will be ordering one.
Nov 6, 2013
707 posts
491 upvotes
How could something with tiny storage and a garbage CPU be a Plex server? You could store 1 movie on this device.

Do you mean, could you use it as a PLEX player?
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2008
4059 posts
812 upvotes
Windsor
Frozenassets wrote: Well it still run Kodi/Exodus? My understanding was that Netflix wasn't going to allow anyone to use the HD version unless you had a pretty little walled garden hence why none of the other Android boxes out there have access to it.
Kodi is in the Play Store, so yes... Kodi and Netflix (in HD) are both installed on my Nexus Player running Android TV 6.0
Apr 9, 2012
425 posts
179 upvotes
primetimey wrote:
How could something with tiny storage and a garbage CPU be a Plex server? You could store 1 movie on this device.

External hard drive like the shield
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24148 posts
43040 upvotes
ONTARIO
Geekbuying claims this device has ethernet. Anyone who has been keeping track of the mi box should know it does not have ethernet at all. Only AC wifi.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2009
1100 posts
690 upvotes
primetimey wrote:

I have a Shield TV running as a Plex server for my family and some friends. Mounted to my Synology NAS and it can handle 3 simultaneous 1080p 10-12mbps transcodes from my experience. To my understanding, the Shield is primarily able to do this because of its GPU which is why this Xiaomi box would likely be unable to run as a server.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2008
1078 posts
324 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Hi Everyone,

For anyone wondering how this compares against all those Chinese branded android boxes, this one should be mainly for those who want android tv, specifically. Those Chinese branded boxes run on Android os, not android tv. As this will be an officially licensed android tv device, it will have full Netflix ultra HD and full HD available.

As for, Plex server, I use my desktop as a server and my nexus player to run to my TV. My interest is mainly in 4k Netflix. I have a nexus player and love it, but as those are no longer made, this would be my (cheaper than shield) only fhd/4k Netflix choice.

And yes, this will install Kodi as it's a simple download from the Google Play Store.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2008
1078 posts
324 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
BobSagget wrote: Geekbuying claims this device has ethernet. Anyone who has been keeping track of the mi box should know it does not have ethernet at all. Only AC wifi.
I looked through the geek buying specifications list and only wifi is listed, not Ethernet. But you're right, wifi only, just like the nexus player.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24148 posts
43040 upvotes
ONTARIO
l2iceman wrote:
BobSagget wrote: Geekbuying claims this device has ethernet. Anyone who has been keeping track of the mi box should know it does not have ethernet at all. Only AC wifi.
I looked through the geek buying specifications list and only wifi is listed, not Ethernet. But you're right, wifi only, just like the nexus player.
You even copy and pasted the mention of ethernet:
Other Interfaces USB 2.0*1;HDMI2.0*1;AV*1;DC In*1;RJ45*1
This means ethernet.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)