Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
www.vitamix.com

Vitamix 5300 Refurb $349 -10% Free Recipe Book, Free Ship www.vitamix.com-CANADA

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 30th, 2017 9:17 am
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2010
1123 posts
1546 upvotes
Victoria

Vitamix 5300 Refurb $349 -10% Free Recipe Book, Free Ship www.vitamix.com-CANADA

Deal Link:
Price:
$349.95
Savings:
10% +$100
Retailer:
www.vitamix.com
Maybe not the hottest deal, but seems pretty good. Refurb unit with full warranty, free shipping, free return shipping, for $100 off. I'm currently debating between this one, and the Blendtec Total Blender at best buy for $299. Thoughts from those who have experiences with these two units?

Edit: use code CHAMPHEATHERI for a free recipe book and 10% off the total order.

Total order after all is said and done: $352.76

Note the URL is for the Canadian part of the Vitamix site, and the cost is listed in CAD.

Thanks,
Cal.
Last edited by calvados.boulard on Nov 26th, 2017 11:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
15 replies
Dec 4, 2012
235 posts
386 upvotes
Calgary
I saw this too.

Also the coupon code CHAMPHEATHERI still works for free cookbook and 10% off with the free ship.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2010
1123 posts
1546 upvotes
Victoria
pinkfries wrote: I saw this too.

Also the coupon code CHAMPHEATHERI still works for free cookbook and 10% off with the free ship.
Thanks for the code.

Thanks,
Cal.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
6946 posts
7520 upvotes
BC
I'm very happy with my choice to stick with Blendtec over the Vitamix I compared it to that had the standard height jar, but am curious how much difference if any the shorter jar makes.
calvados.boualrd wrote: Maybe not the hottest deal, but seems pretty good. Refurb unit with full warranty, free shipping, free return shipping, for $100 off. I'm currently debating between this one, and the Blendtec Total Blender at best buy for $299. Thoughts from those who have experiences with these two units?
Since there is free return shipping, why not buy and try both? If you had to make a decision though without trying (I have tried both), I would go with the Blendtec mostly because of the longer warranty.
cristianosham wrote: 10 year warranty on refurbs as well?
Click the link and answer your own question. It's right there as clear as can be.
-Read store exceptions before combining discounts with cash back sites
-HomeDepot clearance prices are not shown on stocktrack or HD.ca
-There is a difference between NEED (necessities) and WANT (desires). The word NEED is over-used on RFD and in general.
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2009
1628 posts
1988 upvotes
cristianosham wrote: 10 year warranty on refurbs as well?
Amazing how people won't click the link and take 2 seconds to read but will instead post and ask others to do the "work" for them :(
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2010
1123 posts
1546 upvotes
Victoria
I've got both on order now and will compare with the Ninja that I'm about to return.

Thanks,
Cal.
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2012
1092 posts
1141 upvotes
Toronto
Vitamix also allows you to split your payments into 5 months interest free so you end up paying $71.18/month for 5 months.

+ ebates.com give 4.5% cashback - not sure if it works on the Canadian site.
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2017
1155 posts
288 upvotes
I love Vitamix but my machine broke when I stuck a wooden spoon in it when the blades were turning, I was trying to push food in and I swear it didn't touch the blades because I barely had it in there, but maybe it did?

If Blendtec is real and can blend up an iphone, etc, maybe it's a better machine?
Oct 4, 2003
318 posts
94 upvotes
Refurbs have 5 year warranty or pay $99 more to extend warranty by 3 more years.
Nov 16, 2010
36 posts
30 upvotes
Milton
I tried Blendtec and Vitamix before totally commiting to the Vitamix.
This may sound unreal, but I found that the Blendtec was much louder than the Vitamix. They’re both incredibly loud, but the Blendtec more than the Vitamix.
One more thing that swayed us to the Vitamix is the food tamper. The Blendtec doesn’t have one....bad they swear you don’t need one. Guess what? You really do need a tamper. Vitamix’s tamper is engineered to the exact depth to ensure it doesn’t hit the blade.
Lastly, we found the infinitely variable speed selection on the Vitamix superior to the preset speeds offered on the Blendtec.
Both are extremely better than any ordinary blender, but you should really choose Vitamix.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
6946 posts
7520 upvotes
BC
Rainbow_5 wrote: I tried Blendtec and Vitamix before totally commiting to the Vitamix.
This may sound unreal, but I found that the Blendtec was much louder than the Vitamix. They’re both incredibly loud, but the Blendtec more than the Vitamix.
One more thing that swayed us to the Vitamix is the food tamper. The Blendtec doesn’t have one....bad they swear you don’t need one. Guess what? You really do need a tamper. Vitamix’s tamper is engineered to the exact depth to ensure it doesn’t hit the blade.
Lastly, we found the infinitely variable speed selection on the Vitamix superior to the preset speeds offered on the Blendtec.
Both are extremely better than any ordinary blender, but you should really choose Vitamix.
I agree that a tamper would be nice with my Blendtec. I do get air pockets that form while blending a smoothie every now and then. A spoon solves that problem easily enough though.
-There is a difference between NEED (necessities) and WANT (desires). The word NEED is over-used on RFD and in general.
Nov 12, 2017
203 posts
176 upvotes
Calgary
pinkfries wrote: I saw this too.

Thank you so much for the code! I was going to go into The Bay to do a price match on this item, and I was really happy to see the code you provided! Thank you so much!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
6946 posts
7520 upvotes
BC
hsiaolunwang606689 wrote: Thank you so much for the code! I was going to go into The Bay to do a price match on this item, and I was really happy to see the code you provided! Thank you so much!
This is a refurbished unit. The bay wouldn't PM.
Nov 12, 2017
203 posts
176 upvotes
Calgary
SizzleChest wrote: This is a refurbished unit. The bay wouldn't PM.
Haha... ^^" Yeah, I forgot to mention I just bought a new one instead the refurbished one ^^" Thank you!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)