Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Wyzecam

Cheap 1080p wifi security cam $19.99US!

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 14th, 2018 6:39 pm
Tags:
None
Sep 6, 2011
666 posts
219 upvotes
Oakville
lifeisfuneh wrote: Firmware bin now available, so it is now possible to revert back from OpenIPC /Fang hack
do you think we can flash this firmware into xiaofang?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 23, 2009
5582 posts
2441 upvotes
Ethanz wrote: do you think we can flash this firmware into xiaofang?
Don't think so, they have special MAC address range
Sep 6, 2011
666 posts
219 upvotes
Oakville
lifeisfuneh wrote: Don't think so, they have special MAC address range
that's too bad, I like wyzecam, loading speed is way faster than mi home, cuz the server is in us right?
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2011
3097 posts
1514 upvotes
QC, Canada
vodka wrote: Yes, this is true I find that the Sensitivity settings for motion detection are a joke; I put it on the lowest setting and it triggers when it's sunny out and it gets brighter in the room, indirectly.

Hopefully they can fix that and several other things through firmware.
There is no "real" motion detection in thoses cams, it only detect the change of pixel on the screen. You need ir or microwave to have a real motion detection, that why it always trigger. In short, if there is movement of any kind (light, rain, wind, trees moving, etc) it'll record, there is no way to fix this, even in high end cameras
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2007
1804 posts
348 upvotes
GTA
where are you all ordering from? my amazon order got DENIED saying they don't have plans on selling it anymore.
Oct 31, 2006
125 posts
30 upvotes
Hey all, just so you're aware,

I received the Wyze cam with a solid yellow light in the back on setup. I tried to contact Wyze for support, and they said that Amazon was not "authorized" to sell the Wyze cam outside of the US, and thus, any warranty/support is not honoured by Wyze. I had to go through Amazon to get a refund for the product, as it was passed the 30 day mark when I set it up.

I would not recommend this camera, as there is no warranty support from the company, and their customer support was very poor, essentially saying I'm SOL. I understand that it's not an expensive product, but for a brand to claim that they provide better service than the same Xiaomi hardware selling to Americans, and then provide such poor after-purchase care, I will never get another Wyze cam again.
----------------------------

Silently lurking, heavy breathing for deals
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2008
2944 posts
247 upvotes
Toronto
How are you all ordering it?
the website says they are only selling version 2.0 and its backordered by 4-6 weeks.
Feb 12, 2006
730 posts
113 upvotes
I received an email couple days ago. V2 started shipping fcfs bases.
Good insults are hard to find. Why waste them on someone you don't like.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2009
1717 posts
717 upvotes
Markham
wackchin wrote: Hey all, just so you're aware,

I received the Wyze cam with a solid yellow light in the back on setup. I tried to contact Wyze for support, and they said that Amazon was not "authorized" to sell the Wyze cam outside of the US, and thus, any warranty/support is not honoured by Wyze. I had to go through Amazon to get a refund for the product, as it was passed the 30 day mark when I set it up.

I would not recommend this camera, as there is no warranty support from the company, and their customer support was very poor, essentially saying I'm SOL. I understand that it's not an expensive product, but for a brand to claim that they provide better service than the same Xiaomi hardware selling to Americans, and then provide such poor after-purchase care, I will never get another Wyze cam again.
did you get it refunded?
if not i would suggest you try installing the hack on it.
Jan 15, 2010
568 posts
199 upvotes
Toronto
wackchin wrote: Hey all, just so you're aware,

There are instructions on their forum on how to flash a firmware. You can try reflash the latest version or put on an older one. Give that a try. It has worked for a number of people.
Dec 10, 2008
63 posts
35 upvotes
Ordered 3 (for myself and family) yesterday from Amazon.ca since it's in stock again for V2. Should arrive next week hopefully. Been looking around for an alternative to the expensive Arlo Pros I've been wanting so hopefully this will be a good compromise for indoor or through a window pointing outside option for us. Hoping maybe in the future they come out with a rechargeable wire-free one like the Arlos!!
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2007
2952 posts
1061 upvotes
Got an email from wyze camast week apparently they now support IFTTT!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2004
6651 posts
995 upvotes
GTA
what size gb SD cards are you guys using? wheres the option for loop recording in the app?
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2007
2952 posts
1061 upvotes
greg123 wrote: what size gb SD cards are you guys using? wheres the option for loop recording in the app?
I use 64gb cards, all work fine for me.
Deal Guru
Apr 24, 2006
10913 posts
1064 upvotes
Mississauga
Is this camera outdoor rated?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)