• Mar 5th, 2009 5:10 pm
Tags:
None
3 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2005
2170 posts
219 upvotes
I've had this for a few years and it works great for PC but a lot of people report there is lag if used with console systems adaptors. Another thing people don't like about it is using knock off (made in china) parts otherwise the case is a solid unit and the buttons and joystick that come with it work just fine. Feels just like the stand up arcades I use to lay the smackdown on people in Street Fighter 2 back in the day. I'm going to probably buy two wired 360 controllers and modify mine so I can use it for PC and 360. If you wanna go the same route you might wanna consider this arcade stick since it is cheaper and comes with better parts IIRC.

http://www.hanaho.com/Products/HotRodJoystick.php

Again neither one can work directly with a 360 if that is what you are thinking. Xgaming has been trying to get Micro$oft to grant them rights to make an adaptor but if it is as laggy as their other adaptors I think the custom modding route is better way to go.
Sep 9, 2007
783 posts
145 upvotes
Surrey
I bought an X-arcade last year... and it wound up being one of the biggest mistakes I've made in my life.

The box itself is pretty sturdy but that comes secondary to the actual joystick/button parts. The joystick is atrocious. It just isn't dependable, I don't know how else to put it.

The buttons I can't say too much about, for the most part they worked. However, because of the joystick we also didn't use it for too long so I can't say how it would fare after a while.

Overall we dumped probably around $250 on it (the dual version) with ps2, ps3 adapters and later dumped it on craigslist for $160.

I wouldn't ever recommend it.
Banned
Oct 15, 2005
12954 posts
1611 upvotes
North York
avoid xarcade.

slow response.
no name cheap buttons and parts.
very insanely rudiculous add ons and corded adaptors needed.
very very steep price.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)